00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cigarettes

6,816 Views | 86 Replies

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 17:25:48

dont you just love the taste of carbon monoxide

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 19:00:57

At 3/26/13 05:25 PM, Osyris wrote: dont you just love the taste of carbon monoxide

Yes!

hello

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 19:57:03

I cant stand the smell of cigs -_-

-Don't turn around-

~HES ALWAYS WATCHING~

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 22:00:39

At 3/26/13 12:22 PM, zag wrote: I smoke. Actually, I think I'm going to go out for a cigarette now.
Unlike most smokers, I don't actually pick a brand and stick with it. For me, that's like eating nothing but pizza for my entire life. There's a whole world of cigarettes out there. Why smoke just one?

Right now, I have Pall Mall blacks. They're pretty much the cheapest you can get (off of a Native American Reservation) and I like the taste anyway.

American Spirit Menthol are my favorite. They're like four dollars more than PMs though.

I might have to give PMs a try since they're pretty cheap. Marlboro Reds are like, $7 a pack where I live, It's ridiculous. On the other hand, I think Pall Malls are about $4.50.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 22:07:11

MMMM CANCER!

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 22:21:46

I very rarely smoke, and when I do, it's usually a Black & Mild. And I never smoke unless I'm drinking.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 23:28:20

Cigarettes in moderation aren't usually that bad, but Newport menthols? THOSE are what'll kill you. I usually pull out filters on all cigarettes, but I can't do that with Newports, because of the retarded amount of tar. You feel the tar build with every drag. I saw someone smoke a whole filterless Newport 100 (I call them death sticks). They literally puked black. After that I stopped ever buying Newports. Anyway, enough about that. If I ever buy cigs I get some variety of American Spirits. The quality is far above most other common cigarettes and they last longer than a standard 100.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 23:32:50

At 3/26/13 02:24 PM, Otto wrote: Rollies, and the closest thing I have to brand loyalty is that Cutters Choice has the most familiar packet, but I go for whatever I feel like trying.

ROLLLIEIEESS are so good

Rollies > all. It's so much cheaper and better. If you smoke a lot of cigarettes and aren't rolling, what the fuck are you doing?

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 23:38:19

At 3/26/13 11:28 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: I usually pull out filters on all cigarettes,

...why?

They literally puked black.

Then they must have eaten something black for lunch. I don't see how this relates to cigarettes.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 23:44:36

At 3/26/13 11:38 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 3/26/13 11:28 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: I usually pull out filters on all cigarettes,
...why?

Just got used to it. Cigarettes with filters are too weak now. I'm not even addicted to cigarettes, it's just a habit.

They literally puked black.
Then they must have eaten something black for lunch. I don't see how this relates to cigarettes.

It was more of a coughing so hard they puked thing. You'd understand if you ever tried smoking a death stick. It makes it so hard to breathe for hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 23:54:46

At 3/26/13 11:44 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Just got used to it. Cigarettes with filters are too weak now. I'm not even addicted to cigarettes, it's just a habit.

I'm not sure I'm following you... you've smoked enough cigarettes that you find ones with filters 'too weak,' but you haven't smoked enough cigarettes to become addicted to nicotine? If you're not addicted, then how could any cigarette be 'too weak' for you?

It was more of a coughing so hard they puked thing. You'd understand if you ever tried smoking a death stick. It makes it so hard to breathe for hours.

Right. I was just saying that whatever he puked up wasn't any sort of residue left from cigarette smoke, which is what you originally seemed to be implying.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-26 23:59:27

At 3/26/13 11:54 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 3/26/13 11:44 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Just got used to it. Cigarettes with filters are too weak now. I'm not even addicted to cigarettes, it's just a habit.
I'm not sure I'm following you... you've smoked enough cigarettes that you find ones with filters 'too weak,' but you haven't smoked enough cigarettes to become addicted to nicotine? If you're not addicted, then how could any cigarette be 'too weak' for you?

It's what I'm used to. I used to smoke a lot of cigs, now I rarely smoke. It's just a habit that stuck. It might be hard for you to understand.

Right. I was just saying that whatever he puked up wasn't any sort of residue left from cigarette smoke, which is what you originally seemed to be implying.

The excessive amount of black mucous is what makes it black. It sounds unbelievable, I know, but don't underestimate how bad Newports are.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:11:49

At 3/26/13 11:59 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: It's what I'm used to. I used to smoke a lot of cigs, now I rarely smoke. It's just a habit that stuck. It might be hard for you to understand.

Actually, I do understand. I know that not all drug habits come with addiction. What you were saying just seemed a little bizarre at first is all.

The excessive amount of black mucous is what makes it black. It sounds unbelievable, I know, but don't underestimate how bad Newports are.

Coughing up black mucus is not the same as throwing up, which is what you originally stated.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:33:33

Health effects aside, tobacco products also stains your clothes and furniture with offensive odors, produces mass littering because smokers can't figure out how to dispose of butts without using the pavement, and more accidental arson than anything else. Feck.

Just passing through.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:39:14

Earlier this year out of the blue I decided to buy a pack of cigarettes, they were Canadian Classic or something. I'd never smoked before so it was kind of just a drunk decision which I don't really read a lot into.

For a while there I would smoke a cigarette after a bowl which was kind of enjoyable, but about 4 or 5 cigarettes into the pack I lost interest in doing that. Didn't really add anything to the experience and as smelly as weed is I thought the cigarette smoke stuck on me much worse. Threw em out and I don't really regret it, I probably damage my lungs enough with weed as it is.

So yeah still don't see the appeal which I guess is a good thing.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:44:06

At 3/27/13 12:33 AM, Latere wrote: Health effects aside, tobacco products also stains your clothes and furniture with offensive odors, produces mass littering because smokers can't figure out how to dispose of butts

Seriously, what is the deal with that? There are outdoor ashtrays and garbage cans and dumpsters all over the place and people still flick their butts all over the place without a second thought.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:51:52

I usually smoke filtered roll your owns (the ones you get with those machines), Pyramids (cheapos) or OPC's (other people's cigarettes).

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:52:45

At 3/27/13 12:44 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Seriously, what is the deal with that? There are outdoor ashtrays and garbage cans and dumpsters all over the place and people still flick their butts all over the place without a second thought.

Amen.

I've been smoking for years, but have never littered a single butt. Might be because I grew up a Boy Scout, but it also might just be because I'm a decent human being.

I'm also a rather polite smoker. I like to smoke before the bus rides to campus in the morning, and usually stand several feet away from everyone at the bus stop so that they don't all have to smell the smoke. I always get weird looks, though; "why is that dude standing so far away from the bus stop?"

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 00:59:32

That's awful nice of you, Seasons. Makes me feel fortunate I live in an area were smoking away from the bus stops is a federal law.

Just passing through.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 04:32:35

Just curious, doesn't anybody smoke cigars? :/

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 15:26:36

At 3/27/13 04:32 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Just curious, doesn't anybody smoke cigars? :/

I would only get them for rolling blunts. You're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke, and I only smoke cigarettes and cigarillos to feel more lightheaded when drinking.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 16:36:06

At 3/27/13 03:22 PM, zag wrote:
...You fucking asshole! XD
I have to pay eight dollars for a back of Pall Malls. A back of Marlbs is like nine.
America Spirit are twelve fucking bucks.

Fucking New York State :/

Damn! That's expensive. 0_o

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 16:38:26

American Spirits is amazing though, pure fucking tobacco.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 16:49:06

At 3/27/13 12:59 AM, Latere wrote: That's awful nice of you, Seasons. Makes me feel fortunate I live in an area were smoking away from the bus stops is a federal law.

It is was federal law that would mean that it would be illegal to smoke at a bus stop everywhere in the U.S. Maybe a local ordinance sure.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-03-27 18:20:07

At 3/27/13 04:37 PM, zag wrote:
At 3/27/13 04:36 PM, Jeffyx wrote:
At 3/27/13 03:22 PM, zag wrote:
...You fucking asshole! XD
I have to pay eight dollars for a back of Pall Malls. A back of Marlbs is like nine.
America Spirit are twelve fucking bucks.

Fucking New York State :/
Damn! That's expensive. 0_o
That it is :(
I love New York State, but sometimes its laws can be really fucking stupid.

You should try buying them online. Ciggiesworld has some pretty good deals.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-04-04 14:46:59

At 3/26/13 12:29 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/26/13 02:10 AM, unowned wrote: harms not just you the smoker
Bullshit.

passive unfiltered smoke is more likely to cause cancer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_smoking

Cigarette smoke contains radioactive polonium and lead

Response to Cigarettes 2013-04-04 15:15:30

On the occasion i do get a pack, i get Camel Crushes or L&M Turkish Blends. Love em.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2013-04-04 15:42:01

Rollies, yo. Golden Virginia, menthol filters.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-04-04 15:43:31

At 4/4/13 03:42 PM, Rumsworth wrote: Rollies, yo. Golden Virginia, menthol filters.

American spirit if I feel particularly swanky.

Response to Cigarettes 2013-04-04 19:38:27

At 4/4/13 05:20 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote:
At 3/26/13 12:29 PM, Entice wrote: Besides, smoking publicly is banned in most places now.
What???

It's true. In the UK they're super anal about smokers. Shopkeepers aren't even allowed to have their tobacco products on display in their shop, they have to be behind a metal cover that gets pulled up when somebody asks for tobacco.