00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anti-Hipsters needs to stop

5,538 Views | 77 Replies

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 19:16:43

At 3/25/13 07:10 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote:
At 3/25/13 07:00 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 3/25/13 06:09 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: haha bro i prefer the hipsters back in the 80s man : :
They were here for that long?
pretty much yeah bro. just like today these kids try to put different colors as possible to show they are different

Allow me to illustrate. Yes that's the guy from two and a half men.

Anti-Hipsters needs to stop

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 19:20:02

At 3/25/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/25/13 07:10 PM, thatkidkenji wrote:
At 3/25/13 06:56 PM, Entice wrote: Why do you have to identify by any culture? Why can't you just live your life how you want to and stop worrying about how people will see you?

Is this implying it's possible to not identify with a culture?

A textcee without boundaries.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 19:26:53

#SWAG #YOLO.

Washing* yea i can't spell too

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 19:52:38

Hipsters will always be uncool.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 20:02:32

At 3/25/13 07:52 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Hipsters will always be uncool.

says the brony.

anyway, my main contention with the anti-hipster people is the fact that they call someone a hipster because that person shares one thing in common with the "hipster lifestyle." like, if someone wears large frame prescription glasses, "FUCKING HIPSTER." because only hipsters wear large frame glasses.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 20:29:09

At 3/25/13 06:13 PM, Seasons wrote: Generally speaking, the personalities and outer appearances of 'hipsters' are both incredibly contrived. This is what's irritating to me... especially considering most hipsters try to act like they lead such alternative lifestyles. What a load of bullshit. Picking out bands you listen to and clothes you wear based solely on what effects they will have your outer appearance is incredibly trivial, and is about as mainstream as one can be.

But that's not what makes a hipster a hipster.
That's just a confused ass person. People who only eat up mainstream stuff do that too
Actually people who eat up mainstream stuff are more likely to fall into that description

A textcee without boundaries.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 21:45:59

At 3/25/13 08:27 PM, Xenomit wrote: Hipsters and old people. So if they're not old and wearing huge retarded glasses, they're most likely a hipster.

your user image is of an anthropomorphic animal wearing shutter shades.

you fucking hipster.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 21:54:43

At 3/25/13 08:02 PM, bigbadron wrote:
At 3/25/13 07:52 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Hipsters will always be uncool.
says the brony.

anyway, my main contention with the anti-hipster people is the fact that they call someone a hipster because that person shares one thing in common with the "hipster lifestyle." like, if someone wears large frame prescription glasses, "FUCKING HIPSTER." because only hipsters wear large frame glasses.

I'm not saying I'm cool.

As for your second point, the problem is that if you share traits with a hipster you probably are one.

You know the whole, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck saying.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 21:56:56

At 3/25/13 09:52 PM, Xenomit wrote: Shutter shades are the club and party culture, not hipster culture

they were. then they got mainstream.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 22:06:18

At 3/25/13 09:54 PM, Suprememessage wrote: As for your second point, the problem is that if you share traits with a hipster you probably are one.

You know the whole, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck saying.

that means ANYONE who listens to indie music, or uses Instagram, or has tattoos, or drinks coffee from a place that roasts it's own beans, or drinks cheap beer, is probably a hipster.

i don't know, sounds kinda dumb to me.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 22:07:19

At 3/25/13 10:02 PM, Xenomit wrote: Exactly, not hipster

but wannabe hipsters don't know that.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 22:10:10

[Repost if you are a highly individual person who don't need no trends]

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-25 22:17:53

At 3/25/13 10:06 PM, bigbadron wrote:
At 3/25/13 09:54 PM, Suprememessage wrote: As for your second point, the problem is that if you share traits with a hipster you probably are one.

that means ANYONE who listens to indie music, or uses Instagram, or has tattoos, or drinks coffee from a place that roasts it's own beans, or drinks cheap beer, is probably a hipster.

i don't know, sounds kinda dumb to me.

I tend not to group people as Hipsters, I only recognize people as Hipsters if they self-identify as one. I'm merely stating that I think that if they fit the description, it would be fair to call them Hipsters.

Generally I try to ignore it, more then actively work against them.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 03:13:05

Making dumb shit cool is fucking dumb. All the hipsters are like don't hate on my swag bitch I hot better things to worry about instead of trying to make myself all cool and think of the next slut to fuck. My God this generation is fucking sucks

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 03:32:08

At 3/25/13 06:07 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: This sudden anti-hipsterism is getting old.

This, I agree with.

Really, it's just dormant jealousy.
You wish you could be the one who makes uncool things cool.
But you lack the charisma to pull it off, so who hate on those who do.
Terrible!

This, not so much. That jealousy argument is the kind of shit Paris Hilton uses all the time. There is actually a lot of good reasons why an individual would criticize another. You can't just say it's jealousy.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 07:30:44

What a pointless thing to argue about.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 10:32:10

I'll stop hating them as soon as they stop trying to bring back dumb outdated technologies.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 12:11:29

I can't stand it when people call me a hipster. I don't listen to any new music even though my generation is immersed in the shit. I listen to everything old and they'll call me a hipster for it. I'm just an audiophile. Buying collector vinyl is hell when I'm at Hastings because people look down on me for it.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 13:58:53

fuck of hipster

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 14:52:13

At 3/25/13 06:09 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: haha bro i prefer the hipsters back in the 80s man at least they werent so cock mocky because they spent so much money to the cool bag in the street

I would grab my machete and fuck up every of those while they walk at me on the street don't caring about the cops.

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 15:35:25

I'm so anti hipster I was an anti hipster after it was cool.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 15:44:59

At 3/26/13 12:11 PM, SpankyG wrote: I can't stand it when people call me a hipster. I don't listen to any new music even though my generation is immersed in the shit. I listen to everything old and they'll call me a hipster for it. I'm just an audiophile. Buying collector vinyl is hell when I'm at Hastings because people look down on me for it.

Elsiane - Mechanics of emotions
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest
Leeches Of Lore - Frenzy, Ecstasy
Xibalba - Hasta La Muerte

The Caretaker - An empty bliss beyond this World
Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
Scale The Summit - The Collective
Sunn O))) Meets Nurse with Wound - The Iron Soul of Nothing
Cynic - Carbon-Based Anatomy
Mastodon - The Hunter
Benighted - Asylum Cave
Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance
Beyond Creation - The Aura
Blood Red Throne - Brutalitarian Regime
Blotted Science - The Animation Of Entomology
Morn - Asylum
Nader Sadek - In The Flesh

Agalloch - Marrow Of The Spirit
Sigh - Scenes From Hell
Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom
Ihsahn - After
Kvelertak - Kvelertak
Lantlos - .neon
Kalmah - 12 Gauge

I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. You just sound like these people who just don't know where to look. If the stuff that plays on the radio sucks, it surely doesn't mean that everything released nowadays is bad. It's quite the contrary, actually.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 15:54:59

At 3/26/13 03:44 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend
Sunn O))) Meets Nurse with Wound - The Iron Soul of Nothing
Mastodon - The Hunter
Blotted Science - The Animation Of Entomology
Agalloch - Marrow Of The Spirit
Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom
Kvelertak - Kvelertak

Out of everything you mentioned I like these the most.
Though I find your lack of Les Discrets - Septembre et des Dernieres Pensees disturbing ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 16:07:20

At 3/25/13 09:56 PM, bigbadron wrote:
At 3/25/13 09:52 PM, Xenomit wrote: Shutter shades are the club and party culture, not hipster culture
they were. then they got mainstream.

I don't think that's accurate at all. I have friends who dress like each one of those and they don't act very hipster...

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 16:12:23

At 3/25/13 06:07 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: This sudden anti-hipsterism is getting old.
Terrible!

most of the so called hipsters i know are wannabes and they piss me off i have not met a true hipster in my life if i did i would point out all the wannabes for him or her to kill.

resistance will be met bullet will be met with a bullet a clip will be met with a granade

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 17:12:49

At 3/26/13 03:54 PM, Viper50 wrote: Out of everything you mentioned I like these the most.
Though I find your lack of Les Discrets - Septembre et des Dernieres Pensees disturbing ._.

You still got my point >:(

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 17:16:03

all labelle d fiends are posing a something

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 18:21:48

Terrible!

Hipsters don't create cool. They consume it.

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 20:03:48

Ironically, all hipsters hate hipsters.

Therefore, if you complain about it, YOU BECOME IT.

That being said, as a huge fat guy with stupid hair, I love ironically pedaling my stolen girl bike 10-speed through Cooper Young and Midtown (hipster central in Memphis) and spooking the bajayzus out of those fuckers. Skinny girl pants wearing bastards never see my fat jack booted ass coming.

The only way to stop the hipster is to embrace the hipster. Dilute the movement with drab plebes, and it will end. Such is the Way of the Fad.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Hipsters needs to stop 2013-03-26 20:09:06

On the one hand, I agree in that I really don't like the anti-intellectual bent that "anti-hipsterism" often takes on. Automatically writing off activities and cultural works that are weird or esoteric or just fall outside the mainstream as "pretentious" and dismissing anyone who likes those things as a "hipster" just belies a total lack of curiosity and open-mindedness.

On the other hand, the detached, ironic attitude of actual hipsters can be pretty horrible, too, in that it fosters an environment where it's no longer cool to sincerely enjoy anything.

Really, I'd prefer it if people didn't put stupid pop-cultural labels on themselves and just liked the shit they liked.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature