Be a Supporter!

Question: Name of 90s graphic novel

  • 432 Views
  • 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
MetalSatsu
MetalSatsu
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 07:33 PM Reply

Hi, I really need to know the name of a graphic novel from the 90s that I cannot remember for the life of me. All I remember is that, at one point, the main protagonist is committed to an insane asylum and locked away inside a padded cell, after which, upon release, his hair has turned white. I'm pretty sure that this image was even feautred on the front cover of the book. Thank you in advance to anyone who may know what this was called. I desperately need to remember the name - I will bear your children!

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 07:38 PM Reply

maybe you are the main protagonist & the graphic novel was something you dreamed while institutionalized? spooky

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
MetalSatsu
MetalSatsu
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 07:38 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: maybe you are the main protagonist & the graphic novel was something you dreamed while institutionalized? spooky

--supergandhi64

LOL Maybe indeed. However, I have witnesses (in the form of my twin brother) who can confirm that this did happen. Also, he read the GN as well.

And twins don't lie, do they?....

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 09:11 PM Reply

Archie


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
MetalSatsu
MetalSatsu
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 09:11 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Archie

Hmmm... The date of production seems to fit the bill very well - it's everywhere else that it falls short of the description, because Archie does not seem to feature either a fuzzy-static-suit guy, nor a remote-controlled alter-reality. There's a good chance that this was a made-for-TV shitfest, but it's become a serious matter of nostalgic obssession over the years.

I can't sleep at night Lol!

ChloBro
ChloBro
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 09:50 PM Reply

You're never going to find it.
I even Google'd the details (comic book/graphic novel lover myself)
Your question came up on the search results...lol
I know that feel </3

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 09:57 PM Reply

OP I don't know, but if nobody answers within a few days you're just better off looking up all the '90s graphic novels and combing through them to find out if there's the static-suit-guy.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
thatkidkenji
thatkidkenji
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 09:31 PM, MetalSatsu wrote:
At 3/24/13 09:11 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Archie
Hmmm... The date of production seems to fit the bill very well - it's everywhere else that it falls short of the description, because Archie does not seem to feature either a fuzzy-static-suit guy, nor a remote-controlled alter-reality. There's a good chance that this was a made-for-TV shitfest, but it's become a serious matter of nostalgic obssession over the years.

I can't sleep at night Lol!

made-for-tv?
Graphic novels aren't aired on television...
I think you might have your media mixed


A textcee without boundaries.

MetalSatsu
MetalSatsu
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 09:57 PM, Gimmick wrote: OP I don't know, but if nobody answers within a few days you're just better off looking up all the '90s graphic novels and combing through them to find out if there's the static-suit-guy.

Thanks, I think I'm probably going to do that. It wouldn't be the first time I did something like that. I just decided to do the half-assed approach and ask around on forums and such.

At 3/24/13 10:00 PM, thatkidkenji wrote:
At 3/24/13 09:31 PM, MetalSatsu wrote:
At 3/24/13 09:11 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Archie
Hmmm... The date of production seems to fit the bill very well - it's everywhere else that it falls short of the description, because Archie does not seem to feature either a fuzzy-static-suit guy, nor a remote-controlled alter-reality. There's a good chance that this was a made-for-TV shitfest, but it's become a serious matter of nostalgic obssession over the years.

I can't sleep at night Lol!
made-for-tv?
Graphic novels aren't aired on television...
I think you might have your media mixed

Oh shit, I'm sorry! I was actually looking for something else on Yahoo Answers (a cheesy movie, if you must know) and since someone here suggested Archie, I went and looked it up onimdb. It was there and I was like WTF, archie had a movie? So yeah, having multiple tabs open and thinking in multiple mmedias at once about multiple questions/answers kinda fucked me up.

Thanks for putting up with my ass-hattery.

MetalSatsu
MetalSatsu
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 10:33 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 09:50 PM, ChloBro wrote: You're never going to find it.
I even Google'd the details (comic book/graphic novel lover myself)
Your question came up on the search results...lol
I know that feel </3

Lol, someone who understands! Thank you!

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Probably a very strange Garfield.

MetalSatsu
MetalSatsu
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question: Name of 90s graphic novel Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 10:34 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Probably a very strange Garfield.

That's pretty funny, coz in the graphic novel, the protagonist originally has brown/orange type hair. Before it goews white, that is.