Be a Supporter!
midimachine
midimachine
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Famous People Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 3/27/13 12:35 AM, XToxicReaper wrote: I know this may be out of topic but I'm just curious

Do you guys think guys like Deadmau5 and Calvin Harris started out on forms like the guys you mentioned

i can confirm that, prior to like 2004 or something, deadmau5 was just another random jackoff on the music community sectionz. the site is now sadly defunct, but eventually became sectionz records which releases stuff by savant, soulero and others. before sectionz was a thing (like 2000), deadmau5 went by halcyon441 on image-line forums and other stuff, if you find an old version of fruityloops like 3.3 or later you can listen to all the old demo songs that he made under that old name. just saying but i chatted with deadmau5 in IRC a couple of times omfg starstruck!!!!
dunno about calvin harris but lol

p.s. i am gay

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Famous People Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 09:22 AM Reply

Deadmau5 started out as a web developer and created music as a hobby. It was during his time when bandwith became good enough for sites to support music and playlists and because of that a lot of sites were looking for music producers to make their sites 'cooler', and deadmau5 threw himself at that. Eventually he gained recognition by that and, as midimachine says, got signed to Sectionz Records, released 'Get Scraped' and then the rollercoaster began. He was, just like 99% of all the famous producers, at the right place at the right time.

Also yes, deadmau5 was his username on an IRC chat because he found a dead mouse in his computer. He wanted to call himself 'deadmouse' or 'deadmause' but he couldn't use more than 8 characters for his name so it became 'deadmau5'.

In case nobody had noticed, I'm obsessed with deadmau5.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Famous People Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 3/27/13 09:22 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: In case nobody had noticed, I'm obsessed with deadmau5.

You wouldn't happen to also know his birth date, home address, and SSN right? :p

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Famous People Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 3/27/13 09:22 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also yes, deadmau5 was his username on an IRC chat because he found a dead mouse in his computer. He wanted to call himself 'deadmouse' or 'deadmause' but he couldn't use more than 8 characters for his name so it became 'deadmau5'.

In case nobody had noticed, I'm obsessed with deadmau5.

So what did you find in your computer when you created your username?

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Famous People Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 3/27/13 03:23 PM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:
At 3/27/13 09:22 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: In case nobody had noticed, I'm obsessed with deadmau5.
You wouldn't happen to also know his birth date, home address, and SSN right? :p

Jan 5, 1981. He lives in Canada, not sure where exactly but I think it was Toronto. Sorry no SSN lol

At 3/27/13 03:30 PM, SourJovis wrote: So what did you find in your computer when you created your username?

I originally wanted to go as xXJuizzyPuizzyXx but then I saw some green acid coming out of my PC and figured LiquidOoze was better.
Nah I was playing Pokemon at the time and I think it has something to do with Tentacool. But that was years ago.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Famous People Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 08:36 AM Reply

Apparently Soulero started on Newgrounds as well, who also has a couple of releases on Monstercat. He's not huge, but worth a mention.

New electro house/complextro song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
DustRoutine
DustRoutine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Famous People Mar. 29th, 2013 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Bob Marley started out on here

His name was Xx420RastaBlaze420xX

...or something like that

ShadowLizards
ShadowLizards
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Famous People Mar. 29th, 2013 @ 12:38 PM Reply

my mom says I am famous

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Famous People Mar. 29th, 2013 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 3/29/13 12:38 PM, ShadowLizards wrote: my mom says I am famous

My parents said the same thing.

Atyon
Atyon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Famous People Mar. 29th, 2013 @ 02:35 PM Reply

bounc3 started here : he's kinda famous if you like trance (but since it's a dying genre..).

XToxicReaper
XToxicReaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Famous People Mar. 29th, 2013 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 3/29/13 01:00 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 3/29/13 12:38 PM, ShadowLizards wrote: my mom says I am famous
My parents said the same thing.

My dad told me that I would never get famous with my music and I should kill my self......

Well it does seem like newgrounds is a well develop outlet to get known. If you have the right skill. On a random note I thought skrillex or someone like that started on newgrounds....lol

Check out my stuff in order to win a free hug

Click here for my cool music and stuff

BBS Signature