New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 02:51:33 Reply

At 3/23/13 07:42 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Epic Mickey.

I agree

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
superdan123
superdan123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 03:47:36 Reply

Well the crash bandicoot games after 3 were pretty terrible.

BBS Signature
altras
altras
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 05:42:05 Reply

I suppose that SW:The force unleashed didn't deserve any sequel. Most of the times they're making sequels just for money X_X And the case with SW:TFU is the same - it basicaly has the same things like the first game but more of them, hyh.

thatawkwardkid
thatawkwardkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 18:11:39 Reply

guitar hero after number 3

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 20:30:08 Reply

At 3/24/13 03:08 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/24/13 08:36 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: The entire set of EA Games sport series.
I was going to bring this one up as well.

It would be perfectly understandable if they come up with a new game after every release of a new console, but these series don't need sequels every year.

I have to disagree, although it is true that maybe they don't need to release the game every year, it would be nice to release the next installment maybe every other year as rosters are constantly changing.

I also have to say any CoD game after CoD 4.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 20:42:22 Reply

At 3/23/13 04:14 PM, FrostGuardian wrote: Well i think any game deserves a sequel as long as the developers try hard to improve its quality after all there have been good sequel from bad games like hitman 2 and assassins creed too (if you didnt like the first one)

What if instead of that they just actually made a new fucking game?

I really, really wish developers would focus more on follow-ups than on sequels (or that publishers/consumers would allow them to). It just seems like total wasted potential when you have some of the brightest minds in the mainstream of the medium, able to work with a triple-A budget, and then instead of seeing what new and exciting ideas they can cook up, you just have them remake their last big game only now it's in the sky instead of underwater.

It's a really disappointing cycle, and we're missing out on a lot of potentially great, unique games because of it.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-26 21:18:15 Reply

Final Fantasy. It should have stopped at X. Someone should really read a dictionary about the world 'final'.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-27 03:37:08 Reply

At 3/25/13 04:50 PM, kisame wrote: The Megaman Franchise should have died years ago.

Heh, I was going to bring up Mega Man X. But also every other spin off from any original series shouldn't get their own sequels. It's just too confusing.

Also, Legend of Zelda. I know, people most likely are like "WTF?" now, but I never liked any of those games... and the timeline is just fucked up beyond any hope anyway.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-27 04:56:13 Reply

Oh btw, one more game that really deserves a sequel is SiN. They started a series of episodes but it was canceled due to budgetary issues right before the second one. I remember the first episode being great though, would've liked to see more of those!

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-27 05:59:19 Reply

Where is all of this sudden hate of Half Life 2 cominv from?

At 3/23/13 10:09 PM, VoidForce wrote: There's far too many to list here but my personal choice is Battle Arena Toshinden. It was terrible.

I haven't played that since I was a kid, but I rmember liking it back then.

At 3/24/13 09:15 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: All the different variations of Street Fighter 4 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 should have been the release of Marvel vs. Capcom 3

I still insist that MVC2 was better, in both gameplay and roster. My main team was always Guile, Jin, and Wolverine.

At 3/24/13 01:29 PM, Jackho wrote: Sniper Ghost Warrior, Crysis, Fable, Jak 2, Any of the direct Final Fantasy sequels, X-2 most of all.

I'm really enjoying Crysis 2. I'm looking forward to playing Crysis 3, even though I heard what happens to Alcatraz and I think it's bullshit. I agree with Fable, though. The first one was better. And FFX-2 is just baffling. I understand what you're saying about Jak 2, but I liked it...at least until my copy stopped working.

At 3/27/13 04:56 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Oh btw, one more game that really deserves a sequel is SiN.

I wish they ported that to PS2. I wanted to play it.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-27 07:54:35 Reply

At 3/26/13 08:30 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 3/24/13 03:08 PM, Auz wrote: I was going to bring this one up as well.

It would be perfectly understandable if they come up with a new game after every release of a new console, but these series don't need sequels every year.
I have to disagree, although it is true that maybe they don't need to release the game every year, it would be nice to release the next installment maybe every other year as rosters are constantly changing.

They could just release a roster update as DLC. It's way cheaper and more convenient for gamers than having to buy a new, $50 game every year.

But again, as long as people keep throwing cash at them I guess I can't really blame them.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
BANGsquared
BANGsquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-27 16:22:13 Reply

Final Fantasy.

lel

// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-27 23:19:09 Reply

At 3/27/13 07:54 AM, Auz wrote:
At 3/26/13 08:30 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
They could just release a roster update as DLC. It's way cheaper and more convenient for gamers than having to buy a new, $50 game every year.

What you're saying is true, but there is still a good segment of gamers who entirely play offline, and can't access that DLC in the first place. Not to mention the fact that roster changes in sports can be rather frequent, thus the constant amount of new DLC can get borderline absurd.

I get the feeling that people didn't complained about yearly sports games until DLC became widely available, though I still maintain my opinion that people who have the current sport game are dopes for buying next year's game, unless they're a collector.

But again, as long as people keep throwing cash at them I guess I can't really blame them.

If it's what the people want, then they'll keep milking the franchise for what it's worth, I don't agree with it sometimes, but there isn't much anyone can do about it without resorting to empty bitching.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-28 02:20:13 Reply

Bubsy 2 and Bubsy 3D

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
CresIsis
CresIsis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-03-28 02:28:54 Reply

DOOM 3s expansion "Resurrection of Evil"
Halo IV
Annual Assassins Creed releases

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~
~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

Greggg586
Greggg586
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-04-06 03:12:48 Reply

At 3/23/13 06:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Final Fantasy 13.

The entire sequel to it was just the developers admitting that they fucked up big-time on the gameplay side of the original. While, at the same time, not really doing much better with said sequel either.

Final Fantasy 7 will forever be the last of the awesome fun awesome good sequels of Final Fantasy...rest in peace final fantasy

KEEPIN It REAL Like HOLIFIELD, RAW like STAR WAR, CLEAN like Mr. CLEAN, MEAN Like Mr. T, SWEET Like SWEET TEA, I BRING THE BOOM shakalaka! Da Kool Kids Go Here

LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-04-06 06:18:16 Reply

I'm not sure but I definitely think Spyro didn't deserve more sequels. Now, I know Hero's Tail was cool and all but i think Enter the Dragonfly was just awkward.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-04-06 14:15:08 Reply

At 3/24/13 03:08 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/24/13 08:36 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: The entire set of EA Games sport series.
I was going to bring this one up as well.

Yeah they do, the rosters get updated every year with new draftees and EA actually does make a good effort of trying to improve each yearly installment even if they aren't always successful.

Most people who buy EA sports games don't buy any other games or buy very few other games so the yearly releases are just fine for them.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-04-06 16:03:26 Reply

At 4/6/13 03:12 AM, Greggg586 wrote:
At 3/23/13 06:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Final Fantasy 13.

The entire sequel to it was just the developers admitting that they fucked up big-time on the gameplay side of the original. While, at the same time, not really doing much better with said sequel either.
Final Fantasy 7 will forever be the last of the awesome fun awesome good sequels of Final Fantasy...rest in peace final fantasy

I didn't play Final Fantasy's after VII, well parts of 8 I played but got bored quickly because when I was playing it I felt like I should have been playing FFVII instead but I heard that Final Fantasy's after VII copied off characters such as Cloud and Sephiroth. Don't know if that is true or not, but if it is, then it's basically Square admitting that FFVII is the Final Fantasy that attracted Fans.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Blitzkrieg667
Blitzkrieg667
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Games that didn't deserve sequels? 2013-04-08 19:05:33 Reply

You know what game deserved a sequel? Ristar. SEGA fans all over begging for him to be in All-stars Racing Transformed and he was the fucking flag guy. Fuck you, SEGA,

In regards to the actual question, Alex Kidd, but back then they were kind of desperate to try and create a popular mascot so I can't really blame them for that one.