00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Groundhog sued by lawyer

2,426 Views | 27 Replies

Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-22 22:56:05

This dirty little bastard thought he could mislead the whole country by saying there was going to be an early spring. Well, no one can stand for that! Thankfully, a dutiful lawyer has risen to the occasion to ensure this evil groundhog receives the death penalty.

The news gets better everyday.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-22 22:59:34

That little furry fuck deserves to be shot in the face. I was over here thinking It was going to be warm out.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-22 23:11:21

I guess this source sums things up a bit better.

Sorry, should've put that in the OP instead.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-22 23:16:36

What does the guy expect? It's an animal for crying out loud, and probably fucking with everyone anyway. It was cooped up all year and only gets to come out once to get fresh air, and when it does, it has all these cameras and microphones and shit in its face, of course its going to get scared and give a wrong answer every now and then.

I know this is the land of "anyone can sue anyone for anything at anytime", but this is a bit ridiculous to me.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-22 23:40:15

This is America, the land of frivolous lawsuits, doesn't matter if it's Mickey D's, some animal, or even God, if someone felt wronged by any sort of entity for whatever reason, there's a lawsuit for that. That's what happens when you spell justice with a dollar sign.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-22 23:42:30

that is fucking retarded really. fuck

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 00:06:34

There is nothing to be gained from suing an animal. However, he could very well go after the animal's owner.

It's like someone suing God by suing the church.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 00:11:52

from the first article

EditorâEUTMs note: Gmoser wanted to make it clear that this shouldnâEUTMt be taken too seriously. âEUoeThis whole thing is tongue-in-cheek, and we have had a few calls where they thought this was serious, but it is good light humor from an office that does serious work every day,âEU he told Metro.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 00:29:39

At 3/23/13 12:13 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 3/22/13 11:16 PM, VJF wrote: What does the guy expect? It's an animal for crying out loud, and probably fucking with everyone anyway. It was cooped up all year and only gets to come out once to get fresh air, and when it does, it has all these cameras and microphones and shit in its face, of course its going to get scared and give a wrong answer every now and then.
Wait what?
Wrong once in a while?
Isn't this whole thing the same as "13 is unlucky" or "bad luck to walk under a ladder"
Nobody actually believes that shit right.
I got groundhogs running all over my yard.

I don't believe in it, but you won't beieve how many people actually do, especially those where the "Phil" (the groundhog) does his thing. My mom actually believed it and we lived in Oklahoma, way away from where he resides.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 00:43:19

Thank goodness he wasn't sued by another groundhog.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 10:08:32

Yeah that damn fur covered turd. Here it is spring and my area is under a winter storm warning with 4-7 inches possible.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 10:37:24

Anywhere outside US, that lawyer would have been declared insane.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 10:40:23

You know its only a joke right?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 10:49:25

"EditorâEUTMs note: Gmoser wanted to make it clear that this shouldnâEUTMt be taken too seriously. âEUoeThis whole thing is tongue-in-cheek, and we have had a few calls where they thought this was serious, but it is good light humor from an office that does serious work every day,âEU he told Metro"

This thread is meaningless.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 10:57:51

fuck, this is a real thing? i assumed groundhog day just made it up

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 11:34:36

I'm they win the lawsuit I'm going sue my cat for throwing up on the nice carpet.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 12:14:56

Wait...people still believe in that groundhog shit?
I could have sworn we grew smarter as a species but I guess I was wrong....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 12:49:24

I don't think that groundhog signed a document or even volunteered to be up to the job. How do you know he simply doesn't have the right way of seeing his shadow? Do all groundhogs possess this ability? This reminds me of the news story about the beavers who were, I think, ordered by some Canadian government to be removed from a dam area.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 13:38:14

Pretty much the reason why they should just get rid of "Groundhog Day" altogether. You drag a fucking animal out of a hole in the ground and "assume" that if it sees its shadow winter will be here longer; while if it doesn't spring is practically tomorrow. I trust an old person's knee more than I do this rodent.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 13:43:36

Let's burn him alive

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 13:44:00

lol @ the idiots who didn't bother reading the full article

At 3/23/13 12:49 PM, Ericho wrote: I don't think that groundhog signed a document or even volunteered to be up to the job. How do you know he simply doesn't have the right way of seeing his shadow? Do all groundhogs possess this ability? This reminds me of the news story about the beavers who were, I think, ordered by some Canadian government to be removed from a dam area.

especially this guy right here

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 13:53:03

At 3/23/13 01:44 PM, Gimmick wrote: lol @ the idiots who didn't bother reading the full article

At 3/23/13 12:49 PM, Ericho wrote: I don't think that groundhog signed a document or even volunteered to be up to the job. How do you know he simply doesn't have the right way of seeing his shadow? Do all groundhogs possess this ability? This reminds me of the news story about the beavers who were, I think, ordered by some Canadian government to be removed from a dam area.
especially this guy right here

Ugh I posted what was at the end, if you see an article like this all you need to do is scroll down to the bottom.

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 16:27:17

At 3/22/13 11:11 PM, T3XT wrote: I guess this source sums things up a bit better.

Sorry, should've put that in the OP instead.

I hope this story is a joke

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 16:45:09

How the fuck is this newsworthy?

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 17:31:31

The funny truth is that the Groundhog itself is a lawyer.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-23 17:56:17

At 3/23/13 11:24 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: But if they kill the magic groundhog then it will plunge the Earth into an endless winter!

Don't worry. There's plenty of ponies who could wrap it up.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-24 15:50:16

Using the same logic, wouldn't a meterologist be sued for making a bad prediction? Granted, I don't think that happens very often and I'm too much of a person who's into popular culture to ever watch the weather, but it has to happen from time to time. Of course, with the entire company, it would be too big of a lawsuit.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Groundhog sued by lawyer 2013-03-24 16:20:49

At 3/23/13 04:45 PM, Tribal wrote: How the fuck is this newsworthy?

Dude. It's fucking America.

However, it's not stupidity on the news' part for reporting this level of stupidity.

It's the lawyer who is making the time, money and effort of anyone involved. INDICTING A FUCKING GROUNDHOG