Be a Supporter!

Russell's Art Thread

  • 552 Views
  • 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Russell's Art Thread Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Hi everyone! This is my first thread here in newgrounds, so you might not know me. Basically, I'm an animation student, and being a professional artist is one of the goals of my life.
For my first post, I would like to share with you guys a very constructive criticism on one of my artworks which I find it to be useful to all the training artists out there.

[IMG]http://artofjin.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=37&
sid=b0bdfac5819685d76c7d709ec79d2e4d
[/IMG]

This was critique by SaejinOh, a talented digital illustrator and comic artist. You can check out his work here

Feel free to voice out your own opinion or point out any mistakes I made which he missed.


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

[IMG]http://artofjin.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=37&
sid=b0bdfac5819685d76c7d709ec79d2e4d[/IMG]

This was critique by SaejinOh, a talented digital illustrator and comic artist. You can check out his work here

Feel free to voice out your own opinion or point out any mistakes I made which he missed.

That critique was really spot on and perfect, if he's done any more could you please post them? It's really educational and gives insights on the professional approach

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:50 AM Reply

Of course! His other critiques and tutorials can be found here http://saejinoh.blogspot.sg/p/tips-and-resources.html

At 3/22/13 03:58 PM, Lucky wrote:
[IMG]http://artofjin.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=37&
sid=b0bdfac5819685d76c7d709ec79d2e4d[/IMG]

This was critique by SaejinOh, a talented digital illustrator and comic artist. You can check out his work here

Feel free to voice out your own opinion or point out any mistakes I made which he missed.
That critique was really spot on and perfect, if he's done any more could you please post them? It's really educational and gives insights on the professional approach

Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 10:02 AM Reply

This is a WIP of what Ive sketch out today. She is sort of a dual wielder warrior. Critiques and feedback appreciated.
I'm absolutely fine with harsh criticism.

Russell's Art Thread


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 10:02 AM, russellweefs wrote: This is a WIP of what Ive sketch out today. She is sort of a dual wielder warrior. Critiques and feedback appreciated.
I'm absolutely fine with harsh criticism.

This is really sick, I'm actually kind of excited to see this finished to give a full review.


3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 10:02 AM, russellweefs wrote: I'm absolutely fine with harsh criticism.

Her left arm.... it doesn't look natural, looks more like it ends as a stump.

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Thanks (:

At 3/31/13 02:21 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 3/31/13 10:02 AM, russellweefs wrote: This is a WIP of what Ive sketch out today. She is sort of a dual wielder warrior. Critiques and feedback appreciated.
I'm absolutely fine with harsh criticism.
This is really sick, I'm actually kind of excited to see this finished to give a full review.

Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 02:29 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/31/13 10:02 AM, russellweefs wrote: I'm absolutely fine with harsh criticism.
Her left arm.... it doesn't look natural, looks more like it ends as a stump.

Aye! I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks for the feedback


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Russell's Art Thread Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 02:22 PM, russellweefs wrote: Hi everyone! This is my first thread here in newgrounds, so you might not know me. Basically, I'm an animation student, and being a professional artist is one of the goals of my life.
For my first post, I would like to share with you guys a very constructive criticism on one of my artworks which I find it to be useful to all the training artists out there.

[IMG]http://artofjin.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=37&
sid=b0bdfac5819685d76c7d709ec79d2e4d[/IMG]

This was critique by SaejinOh, a talented digital illustrator and comic artist. You can check out his work here

Feel free to voice out your own opinion or point out any mistakes I made which he missed.

I really enjoy reading saejinOh's tip and resources in his site, thanks for sharing.

As for critique, I feel that the flow of the skirt and the hair isn't going well with the body language. I also think removing those 2-3 lines of hair strands on the sides of her hair look more interesting.


BBS Signature
russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 09:51 AM Reply

Thanks for the feedback! I changed her hands, and gave her a new hair. But I'm not sure if it is better. I uploaded 2 pictures for comparison. Please help me choose the better one! Red lining a better hair flow is appreciated! Thanks guys.

Russell's Art Thread


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 09:53 AM Reply

2nd

Russell's Art Thread


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 4/4/13 09:51 AM, russellweefs wrote: Please help me choose the better one! Red lining a better hair flow is appreciated! Thanks guys.

The arm is much better now.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 03:52 PM Reply

what program do you use?


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 6th, 2013 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 4/4/13 03:52 PM, kakalxlax wrote: what program do you use?

I use photoshop CS5


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

russellweefs
russellweefs
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 15th, 2013 @ 12:34 PM Reply

While waiting for replies for the previous art pieces, I sketched out another character. She was inspired by Myth War online, a boomerang wielder.

Please give her a critique. (perspective, pose, design, outfit etc)

Russell's Art Thread


Project in need of artist? Pm me for details. DeviantART

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Russell's Art Thread Apr. 15th, 2013 @ 02:46 PM Reply

out of curiosity, how much does a drawing take you, and does your drawing table have an incorporated screen?


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.