Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 3/28/13 10:08 AM, kakalxlax wrote: better safe than sorry

I'm pretty sure I saw Putin give Obama the stink eye the last time he was there...now why is that? What is Putin up to? Could he be having desires to throw us back into the cold war? Just asking questions, better safe than sorry. We should do something about this now while we have the chance.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 3/28/13 01:22 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 3/28/13 10:08 AM, kakalxlax wrote: better safe than sorry
I'm pretty sure I saw Putin give Obama the stink eye the last time he was there...now why is that? What is Putin up to? Could he be having desires to throw us back into the cold war? Just asking questions, better safe than sorry. We should do something about this now while we have the chance.

yes its exactly the same, i bet that supposed glance said they intent to wipe out all infidels, and shit

seriously, go back to the kindergarten you came from, they clearly still have lots of things to teach you.
you'll be ignored (at least by me) unless you start making sense and stop behaving life you still have to reach puberty

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 02:35 PM Reply

So, about Iran and bombing them for those nonexistent nukes...

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 3/28/13 01:10 PM, kakalxlax wrote: or those who say those people have no clue have no clue

So you talking a big talk and incessantly renegging on promises, as well as responding to things that do not warrants responses is making the situation better? Again, who has no clue here?

ye so giving free land to their attackers is being a warmonger, who knew. the truth is, israel should have made their attackers draw back to their capital and made a kilometer tall "fuck you" statue in their now new land. to make those sand people fanatics think twice before going ballistic

I'm not asking Israel to bend over and take it in the butt. I'm asking them to shut the hell up. Talking big talk in response to nothing jabs is not making the situation better. Going back on promises is WORSE than not making the promises in the first place. If Israel had ANY sense of maturity, I wouldn't mind, but instead, they respond to every little insult like it's a call to war. I'm not willing to put our soldiers at risk because Israel doesn't have enough self confidence to rebuff those attacks LIKE A MAN would. (by standing proud and not responding)

a volunteer wants to take that risk

A volunteer takes on the risk of protecting the United States, not fighting a crusade for a people who have no clue how to stop fanning flames.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 04:20 PM Reply

Russia has been rather backwards in their foreign policy lately..

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 28th, 2013 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 3/28/13 04:20 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
Russia has been rather backwards in their foreign policy lately..

also in spanish "putin" means "little homo"

Say no to rape.

AlexNOSAM
AlexNOSAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 29th, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

Well it could nuke Israeli cities if they had any nukes. As PM Netanyahu said, our purpose is not to go to war with them right away. Try diplomacy first, but as soon as intelligence tells us they've reached 90% of the enrichment they need for a bomb - then we make them have a really bad day.
Israelis can tolerate conventional rockets even falling in civilian areas. So long as they know that on the long run they will win and stay still in their land. I don't think you realize it but in the Israeli mind there is never long term future. They look ahead 5 maybe 10 years but never too far as 50 years. It's always "well there is a reasonable chance we won't exist until then so what's the point thinking about it?" Therefore the Iranian threats are kind of a big deal there because the Israelis want to live (duh!), but in that area no one can guarantee you'd live. And so, if someone says "we're gonna wipe you off the map" - you take their word for it. Even if it means no waiting for a green light from the States.
Sources: I'm an Israeli.

MattDogg
MattDogg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 3/29/13 02:26 PM, AlexNOSAM wrote:

Therefore the Iranian threats are kind of a big deal there because the Israelis want to live (duh!), but in that area no one can guarantee you'd live. And so, if someone says "we're gonna wipe you off the map" - you take their word for it. Even if it means no waiting for a green light from the States.

The "we're gonna wipe you off the map" most probably came from MEMRI, not very reliable source. Try other sources

MattDogg
MattDogg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 11:01 AM Reply

BTW Alex what do you think of this huh?

AlexNOSAM
AlexNOSAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 3/30/13 10:56 AM, MattDogg wrote:
At 3/29/13 02:26 PM, AlexNOSAM wrote:
Therefore the Iranian threats are kind of a big deal there because the Israelis want to live (duh!), but in that area no one can guarantee you'd live. And so, if someone says "we're gonna wipe you off the map" - you take their word for it. Even if it means no waiting for a green light from the States.
The "we're gonna wipe you off the map" most probably came from MEMRI, not very reliable source. Try other sources

MEMRI translate only Arabic. When they translate some Iranian statement they translate it as Arab media networks translated it to Arabic. "Wipe off the map" is a translation made by an Iranian government owned network made to English itself. I think the original translator knew very well exactly which context was appropriate. The denials coming later certainly were just excuses and double meaning abuse that can be so easily done in middle eastern languages - even Hebrew or Arabic not necessarily Persian. They never state that clearly but you don't have to be a genius to understand exactly which country they're talking about when they say "we will destroy the Zionist regime" or "we are ready to go to war with the entity occupying Jerusalem and the holy land any day..."

At 3/30/13 11:01 AM, MattDogg wrote: BTW Alex what do you think of this huh?

Extreme left wing propaganda. I've known this site for quite a while, few in Israel know about it because it's so irrelevant and aimed at foreigners who don't live here and can be misled easily. Reading your news about Israel from there would be the same as if I'd get my news about America from The Huffington Post. We kinda have the same issue as you do with having the media, culture and academy totally dominated by our local liberals. Unfortunately for them the Israeli public is well aware of their self-hate and we don't take our media and acadmy seriously at all. We reelected Benjamin Netanyahu this January after all...

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 07:11 AM, satanbrain wrote: First, Iran has regular nonnuclear rockets which it can use to attack us. Secondly, Iron Dome will intercept some of the rockets that will land on populated areas. Thirdly, Iran will defeated quite fast.

I can image Iron Dome can intercept the radiation too! Iran could make job much better by adding chemical or biochemical compounds in the missiles.

Intercept in the sky, equally distribute to the rest of Israeli population, make the jobs easier. Woohoo!

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

MattDogg
MattDogg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 12:15 AM Reply

At 3/30/13 11:57 AM, AlexNOSAM wrote:
MEMRI translate only Arabic. When they translate some Iranian statement they translate it as Arab media networks translated it to Arabic. "Wipe off the map" is a translation made by an Iranian government owned network made to English itself. I think the original translator knew very well exactly which context was appropriate. The denials coming later certainly were just excuses and double meaning abuse that can be so easily done in middle eastern languages - even Hebrew or Arabic not necessarily Persian. They never state that clearly but you don't have to be a genius to understand exactly which country they're talking about when they say "we will destroy the Zionist regime" or "we are ready to go to war with the entity occupying Jerusalem and the holy land any day..."

The "wiped of the map" translation originated from the state-controlled Islamic Republic News Agency. This translation's use in the media has been criticized. Arash Norouzi, artist and co-founder of The Mossadegh Project, says the statement "wiped off the map" did not exist in the original speech and that Ahmadinejad directed his comment toward the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi's translation of the Persian quote reads; "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." Juan Cole, historian of the Middle East and South Asia, concurs; Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)," noting that there is no Persian idiom to wipe something off the map. Shiraz Dossa, a professor of Political Science at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada, also believes the text is a mistranslation.

Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation - "wipe Israel off the map" - suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can "wipe out" U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous.

MattDogg
MattDogg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 12:27 AM Reply

Extreme left wing propaganda. I've known this site for quite a while, few in Israel know about it because it's so irrelevant and aimed at foreigners who don't live here and can be misled easily. Reading your news about Israel from there would be the same as if I'd get my news about America from The Huffington Post. We kinda have the same issue as you do with having the media, culture and academy totally dominated by our local liberals. Unfortunately for them the Israeli public is well aware of their self-hate and we don't take our media and acadmy seriously at all. We reelected Benjamin Netanyahu this January after all...

So what site you suggest to get reliable info from?Caroline Glick?BTW this actually happens in the West Bank so saying it is propaganda doesn't help much for your cause

MattDogg
MattDogg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 05:35 AM Reply

At 3/30/13 10:50 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
I can image Iron Dome can intercept the radiation too! Iran could make job much better by adding chemical or biochemical compounds in the missiles.

Intercept in the sky, equally distribute to the rest of Israeli population, make the jobs easier. Woohoo!

Can you image the rocket being intercepted over the sky of iran?

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
zelda64oot
zelda64oot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:51 AM Reply

practically any country can use a nuke today, that doesn't mean it will happen. you have to be pretty ballsy to use a nuke knowing there are 10 more countries who will respond by nuking you. using a nuke is a suicide mission these days. its not like in ww2 where you can drop a nuke and thats the end of it now that they invented ICBM's. now you don't even have to drop a nuke, you can just launch it.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 10:56 AM, MattDogg wrote:

it came from their own declarations, and actions y mean, there are even videos of that

BTW Alex what do you think of this huh?

its less than they should be doing, as they put bombs on buses, that way they prevent that from happening (or at least make the task more difficult)

In other news, http://mondoweiss.net/2013/03/allocated-settlers-palestinian s.html

its not israel job to take care of palestinians, they are doing more than they should for them, any reasonable country would kick them back to hell

At 3/31/13 09:51 AM, zelda64oot wrote: using a nuke is a suicide mission these days

yes, and we all know how much muslims hate suicidal attacks

Say no to rape.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 05:35 AM, satanbrain wrote: Can you image the rocket being intercepted over the sky of iran?

That's a hell of long distance for Iron Dome's rockets to hit their rockets.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

zelda64oot
zelda64oot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 12:53 PM, kakalxlax wrote: yes, and we all know how much muslims hate suicidal attacks

even if all muslims wre suicidal maniacs, their leaders are smarter than that, you don't see them blowing themselves up.

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 10:33 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 01:26 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 3/31/13 05:35 AM, satanbrain wrote: Can you image the rocket being intercepted over the sky of iran?
That's a hell of long distance for Iron Dome's rockets to hit their rockets.

Who is to say Iron Dome will intercept? Innovations and deceptions are not missing in the IDF.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 11:06 AM Reply

At 3/31/13 09:48 PM, zelda64oot wrote:
At 3/31/13 12:53 PM, kakalxlax wrote: yes, and we all know how much muslims hate suicidal attacks
even if all muslims wre suicidal maniacs, their leaders are smarter than that, you don't see them blowing themselves up.

they will do as they are doing now, keep bombing while they hide in a safeplace, bunker or whatever

Say no to rape.

Migel
Migel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:19 AM Reply

If you are interested in this you should try to get your hands on Zbigniew Brzezinski's the grand chess game. It's a good book and portray's fairly well why the nations react the way they do.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:44 PM Reply

Gosh, i seem to remember a very prominent President in the 1770's who said the United States should not involve itself in dangerous alliances.

Anyway, isreal is a terror nation. Pull their funding, let those two retards fight to the death, and leave america out of it.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 01:44 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Gosh, i seem to remember a very prominent President in the 1770's who said the United States should not involve itself in dangerous alliances.

Really? We didn't have a President in the 1770s.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:07 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Really? We didn't have a President in the 1770s.

Should have clarified i suppose (i should remember by now that you don't understand anything that isn't directly spelled out to you).

A statesman, who later became president.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:07 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Really? We didn't have a President in the 1770s.

Technically there were seven Presidents of the Continental Congress in the 1770s.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 01:44 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Gosh, i seem to remember a very prominent President in the 1770's who said the United States should not involve itself in dangerous alliances.

George Washington's advice was sound at the time and for many decades afterwards, but the world has changed significantly. We have no choice but to involve ourselves in these struggles and alliances. Sometimes, we have a moral obligation to. Not as often as neoconservatives think, but yeah.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:57 PM, Light wrote: George Washington's advice was sound at the time and for many decades afterwards, but the world has changed significantly. We have no choice but to involve ourselves in these struggles and alliances. Sometimes, we have a moral obligation to. Not as often as neoconservatives think, but yeah.

We have ZERO obligation to.

You want us to have these alliances. Well, you got it and as a result, we're trillions in debt, and hundreds of thousands of people are dead. 9/11 happened because of our alliances to certain countries. We are currently in Iraq until 2020, because of these alliances.

The world may have changed, but basic things like poverty and death are always bad. Common sense does not change. These alliances do nothing for us at all.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:40 PM, Feoric wrote: Technically there were seven Presidents of the Continental Congress in the 1770s.

Actually, john Hanson, the first of those seven, didn't take the office until 1781.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Iran could nuke Israeli cities Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 04:48 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Actually, john Hanson, the first of those seven, didn't take the office until 1781.

No, you're mistaken. Hanson was the first President under the Articles of Confederation. The "first President" was Peyton Randolph in 1774.