Be a Supporter!

Why do you do drugs?

  • 3,904 Views
  • 149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 21:34:10 Reply

Here comes the guy on his high horse again.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 21:37:35 Reply

At 3/26/13 09:08 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/26/13 09:06 PM, Entice wrote: Just face it, this is entirely your opinion. If you have a real argument please address my points instead of going off on a tangent about how much you hate drugs and drug culture.
What practical use does doing drugs have in a technologically advancing society, and is it worth the mental, physical, social, and monetary drawbacks?

Ive been reading a lot of what you've been saying Xenomit, and you have a completely warped sense of logic about this.

What is the beneficial case for butter? It's completely bad for you, you can live without it, and nutritionally speaking it does nothing for you. By your standards it doesnt have any benifitial technological advancements for society, and is not worth the mental, physical, social, and monetary drawbacks. But we are responsibly adults and we enjoy it while acknowledging it's drawbacks.

Drugs are only a short step further than that. And contradictory to what the government fueled, hangover of Nixon's failed war on drugs, propaganda says, illegal drugs like cannabis are actually ranking below legal alternatives like tobacco and alcohol in terms of detrimental effects.

In this society we have built a colossal industry on the sale of fast food, which is terrible for you, it increased all sorts of things like heart attack, high cholesterol and shortened life expectancy, yet for some reason nobody has a problem with that? But the same ethics are thrown out the window when it comes to addressing drugs just because the government enforce that opinion on people.

I think you just have the wrong information on drugs, and you have some warped idea that everyone who tries even a little bit of weed is going to turn into a pasty, long haired, school drop-out who sells their body on street corners for their next hit. It reeeeeeeeally is a silly way to think.


BBS Signature
Tstelie
Tstelie
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 21:40:54 Reply

hard drugs like acid, shrooms, ectasy fucked me over noone wants to chill with me anymore

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 23:22:04 Reply

At 3/26/13 09:01 PM, CresIsis wrote:
At 3/26/13 09:00 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I don't think the universe would have put drugs into existence if it did not intend for some of us to experiment with them
Flawed logic. :L

Please enlighten me on how you see a flaw in my logic; and if you never experimented with any type of "drug" then your point of view would not even be valid in this discussion


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 23:23:01 Reply

I don't.


Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 23:48:04 Reply

At 3/26/13 08:36 PM, MsBobman20 wrote: people like drugs from the high, and the rush they get that you can only get from doing something illegal.

Come on now, nobody does it just because it's illegal. There are even more legal drugs than illegal drugs.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 23:48:33 Reply

The main message of this thread: Xenomit has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-26 23:56:04 Reply

At 3/26/13 09:40 PM, Tstelie wrote: hard drugs like acid, shrooms, ectasy fucked me over noone wants to chill with me anymore

I don't really think psilocybin counts as a hard drug.

At 3/26/13 11:48 PM, Seasons wrote: The main message of this thread: Xenomit has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

This was established well before this thread was made.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 00:35:49 Reply

At 3/26/13 11:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I don't really think psilocybin counts as a hard drug.

Agreed.

This was established well before this thread was made.

I don't doubt it... I guess I've just been away from the forums for too long and needed a reminder.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 00:53:44 Reply

At 3/26/13 11:48 PM, Seasons wrote: The main message of this thread: Xenomit has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

Drugs are fucking retarded. I know that much, and that's all I need or want to know. I've smoked weed once just so I wouldn't be hating something I haven't tried, and I honestly hated it. I've drank on several occasions, all of them sucked. I've never smoked cigarettes, but you literally get absolutely nothing out of that, while pumping tar and toxic waste into your lungs, so surely we can agree that you don't have to try them to know that they're dumb.

Whether you want to change the chemical composition of your brain because your life is miserable as shit, or because you have a weak ass will and got pressured into it, or because you just have nothing better to do with your life, doesn't matter. Drugs are stupid as fuck. Why can't you see that. Someone compared them to butter (wtf) and said that butter was stupid as fuck, and they were right. Both butter and drugs are stupid as fuck. I'd even be willing to consort with people who did drugs if they didn't have some kind of cliche victim complex about doing something that's a massive waste of time, money, and in most cases, brain cells.

But no, every single person I've ever met who regularly does drugs is an intolerable cunt in one way or another. In a lot of cases, I found out they were a cunt before I found out they did drugs on a regular basis.

I'm not talking about potheads, I don't even really consider weed a drug. I have pothead friends. I'm talking about people who snort cocaine, people who huff paint, people who shoot heroine, people who do speed, lsd, meth, smack, uppers, downers, any of the hard stuff. They have all had such distraught and cuntish characteristics that I just couldn't take.

Whether you like it or not, whether you're willing to accept it or not, drugs can and will mess you up, in one way or another. And because of such, I can't stand to be anywhere near drugs or people who do drugs.

Are you seriously, dead seriously telling me that you'd not only hang out with someone who shoves crack cocaine up their nostril in their free time, but consider doing it yourselves?

gtfo


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:03:51 Reply

At 3/26/13 08:22 PM, Fim wrote: Anyone commenting here with an anti drug stance is clearly under the age of 16-18 and has never been to a party or mixed with the student community.

That's an unfair and entirely untrue statement, I for one am not for drugs at all. As I've stated throughout this thread, I don't agree with drugs and the uselessness it engenders. That's not to say, as I've stated, that I have anything against recreational stoners. However, I don't think a mind altering drug should be legalized at all, even something as some what mild as weed. Because the common masses are very prone to binge usage, no self control and it would only engender more wasted youth, alcohol, for one, is a legalized mind altering substance that has killed more people throughout history than could very well be calculated accurately. And this binge usage often leads to the consumption of progressively harder drugs. Why? Because smoking one kind of thing gets boring, some people have to find the next, more "fun" thing to try. First weed, then acid, then your popping pills and then (maybe) doing extremely addictive drugs like cocaine. You compare drugs to other things that are bad for you (i.e. fast food, butter, etc) however, they are not one in the same, both have negative effects, but only one alters your mood and state of mind. These things can be dangerous, far more dangerous than getting fat or having high cholesterol, why? They produce some what random and certain entirely unpredictable reactions because certain drugs don't sit the same way with different people. You maybe fine with a drug, but another person may lose their shit after a couple hits, it all depends. In that same sense, you could be fine sticking with one drug, but then you get progressive (aggressive) stoners that need harder shit to try to make things "more fun", that's definitely not the same as a fucking Big Mac.

It's not that the government doesn't recognize that some legal things are more harmful than the drugs they ban, its that mind altering drug usage is a dangerous and sometimes slippery slope. Weed isn't called a gateway drug for nothing, and that's not just propaganda either, many people, hell even a user in here, has stated that the usage of weed for their friends lead to the addiction of hard drugs like Coke, which we all can agree is really, really fucking bad. Some people become progressive stoners, others are fine with sticking to the mild stuff. But those "others" are only part of the population, the other part is blazing some crystal Meth looking for a new, more intense high. That's the problem with drugs, not one drug but rather the whole culture of drugs and the foreboding threat of Progressive Stoners who become the kinds of drug addictive, fucked up bums you see in drug documentaries.


Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:09:17 Reply

At 3/27/13 12:53 AM, Xenomit wrote: just so I wouldn't be hating something I haven't tried

lol

I'm talking about people who snort cocaine, people who huff paint, people who shoot heroine, people who do speed, lsd, meth, smack, uppers, downers, any of the hard stuff.

lol x2

Whether you like it or not, whether you're willing to accept it or not, drugs can and will mess you up, in one way or another. And because of such, I can't stand to be anywhere near drugs or people who do drugs.

lol x3

Are you seriously, dead seriously telling me that you'd not only hang out with someone who shoves crack cocaine up their nostril in their free time, but consider doing it yourselves?

You don't snort crack, silly. Also, I've done cocaine so many times that I've lost count. It's really fucking fun, and you should totally try it.

The fact that you seem to be getting so worked up about this conversation suggests to me that you have some serious issues you need to work out.

Every time you respond to this thread you just offer more proof that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Just because you've tried weed once and know a few douche bags that have used drugs doesn't make you knowledgeable in the slightest. Even your "science" is completely twisted. Go read some up date medical texts; stop relying on the bullshit you were told when you were in grade school.

Also, you're either lying about your age and are actually a bitter fourteen year old, or you're one of the most closeted, uninformed, and naive twenty four year olds out there.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:10:21 Reply

At 3/27/13 12:35 AM, Seasons wrote: I don't doubt it... I guess I've just been away from the forums for too long and needed a reminder.

Well, this has definitely been a good reminder. I can hardly differentiate between him and the ass of the horse he rode in on.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:15:30 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:09 AM, Seasons wrote: Go read some up date medical texts; stop relying on the bullshit you were told when you were in grade school.

We never had anti-drug campaigns when I went through school. I've never paid the slightest bit of attention to anti-drug propaganda.

Drugs are retarded. You still seem to dodge that fact over and over again.

Also, you're either lying about your age and are actually a bitter fourteen year old, or you're one of the most closeted, uninformed, and naive twenty four year olds out there.

I'm not 14, or 24. I've never actually stated my real age, I prefer letting people assume my age. As for the closeted thing, you're implying that because I hate drugs almost with a passion, I'm uninformed and naive person in general, which is implying that you consider drugs to be the only important thing in life.

Which would you rather do, shoot a syringe of heroine, or do literally anything productive at all.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:17:13 Reply

At 3/27/13 12:53 AM, Xenomit wrote: His explanation

I tote can understand your perspective, which is exactly why drugs of any kind is defiantly not for everybody and brain because some people naturally abuse and misuse them in ways in which they should not esp. adolescence and immature adults.

I would also have to concur that huffing paint is nothing but beyond retarded because it serves no benefit once so ever other than killing off your brain


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:27:24 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:15 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/27/13 01:09 AM, Seasons wrote:
I'm not 14, or 24. I've never actually stated my real age,

it all makes sense now....he's 12

Why do you do drugs?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:27:52 Reply

Xeno's got it all figured out.

Why do you do drugs?


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:29:47 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:15 AM, Xenomit wrote: We never had anti-drug campaigns when I went through school. I've never paid the slightest bit of attention to anti-drug propaganda.

You seem to have never paid attention to anything, ever.

Drugs are retarded. You still seem to dodge that fact over and over again.

That's not a fact, my friend. It is your (uninformed) opinion. It also is a rather nonconstructive statement to begin with, so I don't see how you could possibly expect me or anyone else to respond to it.

I'm not 14, or 24. I've never actually stated my real age, I prefer letting people assume my age.

I'm going to go ahead and assume fourteen; I'm pretty sure that's not too far off from the truth.

As for the closeted thing, you're implying that because I hate drugs almost with a passion, I'm uninformed and naive person in general, which is implying that you consider drugs to be the only important thing in life.

No, actually, that's what you're implying. I'm saying that your blind hatred toward drug users is, essentially, illogical and unreasonable; you have no experience, no knowledge, and no evidence for any of your opinions. Additionally, you've been implying that these same opinions are actually not even opinions at all, but are facts... this is why I've made the assumption that you are a very uninformed and naive person... has nothing to do with drugs, really.

Once again, your posts continue to strengthen my argument.

Which would you rather do, shoot a syringe of heroine, or do literally anything productive at all.

What do you do that's so productive? I guarantee you that I am just as productive of a person as you are. I also don't have any of the mental problems or psychological complexes that your posts are seemingly suggesting that you may have.

Also, heroin is pretty sweet. I've never injected it, but I've snorted it a few times. A friend of mine and I once did a bit of heroin together and then wrote a screenplay that placed second in a literary contest. It was pretty fun.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:30:23 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:27 AM, 372 wrote: it all makes sense now....he's 12

I'm a pretty coherent 12 year old

At 3/27/13 01:27 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Xeno's got it all figured out.

The best part about being on a high horse is that you can see much more than the average person


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 01:34:45 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:30 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/27/13 01:27 AM, 372 wrote: it all makes sense now....he's 12
I'm a pretty coherent 12 year old

But you're still 12.

The best part about being on a high horse is that you can see much more than the average person

Why do you do drugs?


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Tstelie
Tstelie
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 02:05:04 Reply

there are other alkaloids present in mushrooms, so psilocybin doesnt equal mushrooms, they are psychologically addictive and can contain PEA and there are documented cases of myocardial infarction due to its abuse

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 02:06:07 Reply

At 3/27/13 02:05 AM, Tstelie wrote: there are other alkaloids present in mushrooms, so psilocybin doesnt equal mushrooms, they are psychologically addictive and can contain PEA and there are documented cases of myocardial infarction due to its abuse

Drugs in general are just bad. The chemical composition of your brain exists as it is for a reason.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 02:22:08 Reply

At 3/27/13 02:06 AM, Xenomit wrote: Drugs in general are just bad. The chemical composition of your brain exists as it is for a reason.

Don't like drugs, don't do 'em.

But stay the hell out of other peoples' business.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 02:23:40 Reply

At 3/27/13 02:22 AM, T3XT wrote: But stay the hell out of other peoples' business.

I have not once said to not do them


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 06:23:18 Reply

Jeez, give that poor horse a break, already. You're gonna exhaust it to death.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 06:37:53 Reply

I am constantly searching for that first high I got when I first smoked a joint. More weed doesn't do it so I've taken to injecting smack to try and recreate that first high.

/ lies

Fim
Fim
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 14:25:07 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:15 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/27/13 01:09 AM, Seasons wrote: Go read some up date medical texts; stop relying on the bullshit you were told when you were in grade school.
We never had anti-drug campaigns when I went through school. I've never paid the slightest bit of attention to anti-drug propaganda.

Drugs are retarded. You still seem to dodge that fact over and over

Well actually you're wrong, drugs are actually pretty darn good. If drugs were rubbish then nobody would do them. Obviously you can take them too much and suffer the results of extremism, but not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic and not everyone who eats a Big Mac is obese. Everything in moderation. You're missing the point that is drugs are an enjoyable experience that helps people unwind in the same way that a relaxing sit down in front of the tellybox with a cold beer is.

I'm not 14, or 24. I've never actually stated my real age, I prefer letting people assume my age.

Which means your probably 13 or younger. The way you speak reminds me of myself when I was an underage angry preteen sat behind a keyboard with a headful of regurgitated opinions and no real life experience ;) xoxo


BBS Signature
BANGsquared
BANGsquared
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 16:20:12 Reply

For the experience. Being sober can be fun but sometimes when boredom levels are high you need to get yourself high.


// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-27 22:40:20 Reply

At 3/27/13 02:25 PM, Fim wrote: Everything in moderation.
Which means your probably 13 or younger. The way you speak reminds me of myself when I was an underage angry preteen

Very well put my good friend. Though, I don't think there's any hope for this guy. Nothing seems to be getting through to him.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Why do you do drugs? 2013-03-28 01:06:57 Reply

At 3/20/13 10:50 PM, ean5 wrote: personally to relieve stress and boredom

you are weak

sXe