Be a Supporter!

ME3 Citadel dlc

  • 521 Views
  • 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-20 17:23:08 Reply

what in hell is it supposed to "make you cry" from there?


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-20 17:31:23 Reply

I don't understand what you're asking, but I had more fun with that DLC than I did with any given part of the vanilla game.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-20 20:49:32 Reply

At 3/20/13 05:31 PM, Jester wrote: I don't understand what you're asking, but I had more fun with that DLC than I did with any given part of the vanilla game.

the dlc was great, the best dlc of every game ive ever played in fact, my point is, they sold it saying stuff like "its a tearjerker" and "it has a great potential for tears", but i havent seen any part that got me close to that, maybe i missed something, i dunno


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-21 00:02:00 Reply

At 3/20/13 08:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
the dlc was great, the best dlc of every game ive ever played in fact, my point is, they sold it saying stuff like "its a tearjerker" and "it has a great potential for tears", but i havent seen any part that got me close to that, maybe i missed something, i dunno

I don't remember anyone saying that. Maybe if you were really into some romance arc or something, I don't know.


Dora's Bike | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
fawnret
fawnret
  • Member since: May. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-21 01:07:49 Reply

I don't think it was ever advertised as a tear jerker. They advertised it as one final outing with the mass effect cast. It didn't make me tear up, but I did feel something as I was finishing the dlc and watching everyone return to the normandy. It was a feeling of accomplishment and fond memories I guess.


Gamertag: Catspirit123
home forum

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-21 02:33:08 Reply

I hate the romances in Bioware games they are so fan servicey and feel like fan fiction sometimes

i still fug all the digital ladies cuz im a ladies man teehee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-21 17:38:42 Reply

At 3/21/13 12:02 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:

I don't remember anyone saying that. Maybe if you were really into some romance arc or something, I don't know.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/05/next-mass-effect-3-dl c-has-high-potential-for-tears

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a443313/mass-effect-3-
next-dlc-teased-to-be-a-tear-jerker.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/65014266

among others

At 3/21/13 02:33 AM, Halberd wrote: I hate the romances in Bioware games they are so fan servicey and feel like fan fiction sometimes

i still fug all the digital ladies cuz im a ladies man teehee

they are a very interesting part of the game, but they should be more like in DAO or even ME1, in DAO characters responded to your actions while they are present there, and in ME1 you get at least 1 confrontation scene (when you must choose between ash and liara), but i do hate how there, everyone is omniscient, you talk with someone in private, and immediately everyone knows everything you've said


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-21 18:27:11 Reply

I'm with the others, this is the first time I've heard of the Citadel DLC being a "tear-jerker", even with your sources. Even then, I see nothing tear-jerking (God that sounds so wrong...) worthy in the DLC after having seen most of everything it presents. Hell, I found it more hilarious than anything else. Although Tali's (ahem) "singing" during her romance scene did make me shed a single tear due to how lame it was.

God dammit, Tali...
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-21 19:02:18 Reply

At 3/20/13 08:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 3/20/13 05:31 PM, Jester wrote: I don't understand what you're asking, but I had more fun with that DLC than I did with any given part of the vanilla game.
the dlc was great, the best dlc of every game ive ever played in fact, my point is, they sold it saying stuff like "its a tearjerker" and "it has a great potential for tears", but i havent seen any part that got me close to that, maybe i missed something, i dunno

Well at the very end of the DLC (spoilers; no shit) after the party when everyone's going back to the Normandy and someone says something along the lines of "We've had a great adventure together" and Shepard mumbles, staring off over the citadel, "The best" it punched me right in the feelings. Other than that, it was just hilarious.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-22 05:32:26 Reply

there was no tear jerkers, though I did laugh till I started crying because of the party and character shenangins

really grunt REALLY? and when did that Csec cruiser get on fire there? (shepard looking to the left)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmSY_58b00

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-22 07:09:35 Reply

I think it meant "tear-jerker" as in tears of joy.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-22 15:19:31 Reply

romanced jack scenes are the bests, and hiving finished the game, the scene when you invite her to your house is a must see

0-1:40 arena scene
1:40 must see room scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5lnFtZaw0


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-22 15:21:55 Reply

p.d: special attention from 3:05


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-23 17:47:58 Reply

lol the best is that I saved practically everyone I could and inviting them ALL. and turning the party mood to crazy and everybody is getting SHITFACED.

the next morning is hilarious everyone is hung over as hell I loved it when garrus asked if anything was broken so he could caliberate it and said he will stop saying that if Liara (imitating her voice LOL) says BY THE GODESS.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-23 18:30:06 Reply

At 3/23/13 05:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: lol the best is that I saved practically everyone I could and inviting them ALL. and turning the party mood to crazy and everybody is getting SHITFACED.

I didnt have mordin, the redhead assistant from ME2, legion nor wrex (though i couldnt care less about wrex), and as i learned too late, killing him in ME1 is a condition for mordin to survive


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-23 18:31:48 Reply

(i had to kill them both to avoid curing the genophage)


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-23 20:29:03 Reply

At 3/23/13 06:30 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 3/23/13 05:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: lol the best is that I saved practically everyone I could and inviting them ALL. and turning the party mood to crazy and everybody is getting SHITFACED.
I didnt have mordin, the redhead assistant from ME2, legion nor wrex (though i couldnt care less about wrex), and as i learned too late, killing him in ME1 is a condition for mordin to survive

Pretty sure Legion dies no matter what and that if Mordin lives, he goes to work on the Crucible and is therefore unavailable. The latter may be wrong; I've never had Mordin live because it means betraying the Krogan like a dick.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-23 21:03:12 Reply

At 3/23/13 08:29 PM, Jester wrote:
At 3/23/13 06:30 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

I didnt have mordin, the redhead assistant from ME2, legion nor wrex (though i couldnt care less about wrex), and as i learned too late, killing him in ME1 is a condition for mordin to survive
Pretty sure Legion dies no matter what and that if Mordin lives, he goes to work on the Crucible and is therefore unavailable. The latter may be wrong; I've never had Mordin live because it means betraying the Krogan like a dick.

legion dies no mater what, and curing the genophage would be (lorewise) a huge ass mistake. as i dont like betraying it was a hard decision, countered by the fact i just hated wrex, morebso after seeing his reaction when he finds out


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 00:10:42 Reply

At 3/23/13 09:03 PM, kakalxlax wrote: legion dies no mater what, and curing the genophage would be (lorewise) a huge ass mistake. as i dont like betraying it was a hard decision, countered by the fact i just hated wrex, morebso after seeing his reaction when he finds out

Curing the genophage isn't much of a mistake when Wrex is leading the Krogan. Hate him all you want, but he is the one thing that can and will prevent another Krogan Rebellion after the war with the Reapers if the genophage is cured. Wrex learned a thing or two about being a leader while kicking ass with Shepard.
Now Wrex's brother Wreav, on the other hand, he's not helping the Krogan anytime soon when he is the one in charge. He'll just keep them in their old ruthless and jerkass ways (unlike Wrex, who wanted to change that), and will end up leading the Krogan into another rebellion, should the Reapers be defeated (unless a certain green ending was chosen, anyway). So with Wreav leading the Krogan, yeah, you're better off fucking the Krogan over.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 11:36:44 Reply

At 3/24/13 12:10 AM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 3/23/13 09:03 PM, kakalxlax wrote: legion dies no mater what, and curing the genophage would be (lorewise) a huge ass mistake. as i dont like betraying it was a hard decision, countered by the fact i just hated wrex, morebso after seeing his reaction when he finds out
Curing the genophage isn't much of a mistake when Wrex is leading the Krogan. Hate him all you want, but he is the one thing that can and will prevent another Krogan Rebellion after the war with the Reapers if the genophage is cured. Wrex learned a thing or two about being a leader while kicking ass with Shepard.

krogan problem is not a sociological one, their problem is printed in their dna, they are violent and can lay a million eggs or so each time. and even so, wrex will eventually die.


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 14:43:12 Reply

At 3/24/13 11:36 AM, kakalxlax wrote: krogan problem is not a sociological one, their problem is printed in their dna, they are violent and can lay a million eggs or so each time. and even so, wrex will eventually die.

The Extended Cut ending with Wrex alive and in charge proves otherwise.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 14:45:01 Reply

At 3/24/13 11:36 AM, kakalxlax wrote: krogan problem is not a sociological one, their problem is printed in their dna, they are violent and can lay a million eggs or so each time. and even so, wrex will eventually die.

The ending with Wrex starts at about 1:05 by the way. Damn YouTube time-start not carrying over.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 15:21:14 Reply

forced temporary changes may occur, but its unrealistic to think curing the genophage will lead to an actual change in the krogan ways, they are violent, breed ridiculously fast and live up to 1000 years. a social-only chage will only serve for them to mask their real nature
i only would accept curing the genophage if they replace it with some other dna modification that makes krogan less aggressive and limits their breeding (maybe not as much as the genophage, but to something closer to human breeding rate)
+ curing the genophage wont lead to much change during the war, you would need for them to breed and wait for the breed to grow enough to fight, then get enough ships to transport them, then get enough food (that they can eat) to feed them, then get sedatives to avoid them fighting (they get violent in closed spaces with other krogan), etc
im sorry, but no matter how you look at it, curing the genophage would be a mistake, and there isnt a single justification to do so


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 15:34:29 Reply

At 3/24/13 03:21 PM, kakalxlax wrote: im sorry, but no matter how you look at it, curing the genophage would be a mistake, and there isnt a single justification to do so

In your opinion, perhaps. I see no right or wrong answers when making decisions in Mass Effect, only results (totally didn't steal that from Alpha Protocol). Whether you trust the Krogan without a genophage or not is purely up to you. What's right to you could be wrong to me, and vice versa. That's the beauty of Mass Effect I suppose.

It DOES make you/your Shepard look like a dick for dooming an entire species though.

But we are getting off topic. Let there be more Citadel DLC related shenanigans.
Tali, you're drunk, go home.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ME3 Citadel dlc 2013-03-24 16:15:00 Reply

At 3/24/13 03:34 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 3/24/13 03:21 PM, kakalxlax wrote: im sorry, but no matter how you look at it, curing the genophage would be a mistake, and there isnt a single justification to do so
In your opinion, perhaps. I see no right or wrong answers when making decisions in Mass Effect, only results (totally didn't steal that from Alpha Protocol). Whether you trust the Krogan without a genophage or not is purely up to you. What's right to you could be wrong to me, and vice versa. That's the beauty of Mass Effect I suppose.
It DOES make you/your Shepard look like a dick for dooming an entire species though.

i never said "right or wrong", i just extrapolated the situation and made logic conclusion. personally i would have taken the third secret option (the one i said about changing krogan dna). and its not about dooming a species (because their own nature is what did that), its about not letting them doom the galaxy

But we are getting off topic. Let there be more Citadel DLC related shenanigans.
Tali, you're drunk, go home.

but ye, on topic, i hate they made tali a drunk. and the only thing i was disappointing about are the lack of sex in the dlc and the lies they told about it being a tear jerker.
besides that, its the best dlc ever made


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.