00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art contest! $50 prize!!

1,124 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art contest! $50 prize!! 2013-03-20 15:10:50

I'm starting a kick-starter and I need a logo made up. This is a picture of my tattoo that I'm looking to base the logo off of. Offering $50 for the best rendition of this image to be submitted by saturday evening. Paying through paypal.

Colors to incorporate: primarily purple, secondary colors include black and grey. Please note that the three shapes (two triangles and one circle) are exactly the same proportion and interlocking.

To enter, please post your work here then PM me with a message that you've done so. I will announce the winner saturay march 23rd night - or sunday morning, whichever.

Art contest! $50 prize!!

Read more madness!Vicero, the mad writer

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2013-03-20 16:47:43

so this is an art request disguised as a contest?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2013-03-20 16:50:16

I could make something for you, but im not going to enter a contest...
The 50$ would barely cover the hours i'd spend into making it, and im not even sure i will get that amount, or anything.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2013-03-20 21:29:55

At 3/20/13 04:50 PM, Flowers10 wrote: I could make something for you, but im not going to enter a contest...
The 50$ would barely cover the hours i'd spend into making it, and im not even sure i will get that amount, or anything.

rofl, luckily I am way more efficient then you and can create masterpieces in a blink of an eye!

btw OP you want a background? or transparent

Art contest! $50 prize!!

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2013-03-20 22:42:02

At 3/20/13 09:29 PM, Tomsan wrote: rofl, luckily I am way more efficient then you and can create masterpieces in a blink of an eye!

I made mine first but my claws were so long I had the troubles uploading.

Art contest! $50 prize!!

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2013-03-21 08:31:10

Here's my version, I have an alternative one that still has the outlines, but I generally think that outlines in logos are a bad idea since they don't downsize very well..

Art contest! $50 prize!!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2015-07-08 17:52:32

I posted this thread over 2 years ago and I've dug it up for a revival.

Simply, I've written a book and I need cover art. Newgrounds has always been where I turn to for home grown art and that's exactly what I want to be on my front cover.

Same rules, Winner will be decided when the book is released by the end of this month. Prize is... well... you can put your name on it as "art by" and have your work featured on the cover of an actual book! Everyone wins.

And before people get all crappy about this, if you don't want to participate then don't. While you're at it, don't shit on my thread.

Please include the symbol as shown previously. I'm looking for a black back ground with a grey/silver symbol that seems to glow purple accents

The title of the book is;

The Book of Vicero
Author: W. Cane

The use of symbols is a definite plus. I prefer alchemy / divine algebra / mythological / fantasy

I can't promise any money just yet but I'm not going to sell a million copies and leave the winner with nothing. If you can be generously compensated I will.

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2015-07-08 18:14:38

At 7/8/15 05:52 PM, Vicerolives wrote: I can't promise any money just yet but -

The very least you can do is promise money, since you are wanting several people to do designs for something you are planning to sell.

Also bumping this thread only reminds people that you flaked out on your previous contest.

If you're looking for "homegrown talent" (whatever that's supposed to mean on an international website that you barely visit) then find someone that you think would do a decent cover design, suggest them some ideas, and commission them.

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2018-03-13 15:51:31

@Hopeless87 wishes to announce a winner for the contest he hosted 5 years ago.

Okey dokey.

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2018-03-14 03:51:44 (edited 2018-03-14 03:57:04)

At 3/14/18 03:44 AM, CoolCatDaddio wrote: I remember seeing a thread like thismonths ago asking users to make a logo for a group/company so they can use/sell
I guess this thread is a reminder to not do this like this since they never pay off
srly folks, dont enter contests like this

He asked me to open it via PM, and 8 minutes later I did.

I could ask why he didn’t post, but the real question is why dredge up shit like this.

EDIT: like your other thread you linked, design specific stuff like this shouldn't be made into contests as almost everybody involved is going to be disappointed.

Art contest! $50 prize!!

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2018-03-14 17:45:14 (edited 2018-03-14 17:45:47)

At 3/14/18 03:51 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 3/14/18 03:44 AM, CoolCatDaddio wrote: I remember seeing a thread like thismonths ago asking users to make a logo for a group/company so they can use/sell
I guess this thread is a reminder to not do this like this since they never pay off
srly folks, dont enter contests like this
He asked me to open it via PM, and 8 minutes later I did.

I could ask why he didn’t post, but the real question is why dredge up shit like this.

EDIT: like your other thread you linked, design specific stuff like this shouldn't be made into contests as almost everybody involved is going to be disappointed.

Yup, I was bullshit 5 years ago. So, making amends.

Anyway, congratulations to Lundsfryd for the winning submission! And a hearty thank you to all who participated!

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2018-03-14 18:04:45

@Lundsfryd, looks like you’ve won $50.

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2018-03-14 18:41:00

At 3/14/18 06:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: @Lundsfryd, looks like you’ve won $50.

I sent a PM, congratulations indeed!

BBS Signature

Response to Art contest! $50 prize!! 2018-03-15 12:30:46

At 3/14/18 06:41 PM, hopeless87 wrote:
At 3/14/18 06:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: @Lundsfryd, looks like you’ve won $50.
I sent a PM, congratulations indeed!

Well! That was certainly unexpected. What a lovely surprise. I have absolutely zero recollection of creating that logo.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature