00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Music Contest!

12,966 Views | 181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 12:18:50

At 3/29/13 12:11 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 3/29/13 11:29 AM, hostileburritos wrote:
That doesn't make logical sense, there's no problem with him having submitted something and then uploading it to youtube days later. Obviously he would have created it before the deadline, then didn't put it on youtube until later. There's no rule saying that he HAS to have uploaded a video of his composition only a few days after composing it, and neither of those are before the deadline, which is what would cause actual problems.

I said I am bad at math sorry

it just look like his habbit is to post on youtube when he finish something

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 13:08:53

Oh gosh... For some reason I was thinking that the lengh limit for a track was 3 minutes...

It seems that all of my tracks are now invalid. Good luck other contestats, your stuff sounds better anyway. ;)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 13:11:28

At 3/29/13 12:18 PM, hostileburritos wrote:
At 3/29/13 12:11 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 3/29/13 11:29 AM, hostileburritos wrote:
That doesn't make logical sense, there's no problem with him having submitted something and then uploading it to youtube days later. Obviously he would have created it before the deadline, then didn't put it on youtube until later. There's no rule saying that he HAS to have uploaded a video of his composition only a few days after composing it, and neither of those are before the deadline, which is what would cause actual problems.

I think with him he has a rule where he HAS to ;DDDD

but in all seriousness burritos, that one is legit (mean that in both ways) stop trying to kick a man while he is down!

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 13:17:46

Just over 12 hours remain!

I'll look into all of this before judging, don't worry.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 13:44:04

The point of the "submitted before" date is pretty obvious to everyone, right? A submission date is the only way for me to tell if the music was made before or after the contest began.

Working around this specifically to exploit the phrasing of the rules is dirty and low, and it's the reason I've had to create such strict and specific rules during the main tournament. People don't like it, but it seems the point has been made here today.

Yes, the music does have to be created after the contest began. No, you cannot remove your audio files from NewGrounds and resubmit them for this contest. No, you cannot post audio files under a new name which were made and posted to YouTube previous to this contest. This is a matter of integrity -- if you're going to go out of your way to exploit the phrasing of contest rules is not with the spirit of this community.

deadlyfishes, do you have any entries that you DID create after this contest began?
*(Also: You said that you would put the prize money toward your own contest, but honestly how could anyone here trust you with a contest after this?)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 13:52:05

At 3/29/13 01:44 PM, NATA wrote:
deadlyfishes, do you have any entries that you DID create after this contest began?
*(Also: You said that you would put the prize money toward your own contest, but honestly how could anyone here trust you with a contest after this?)

i hope that you dont take this the wrong way but he host contest on fl studio forum and reddit and prizes were very exspensive and real

he bought me some orchestral sample library while i was first learning digital performer and fruity loop

i might be bias or something but to go against your last point he is good for prizes and to be honest me and my friend submitted thinking that it had to be only uploaded by the date not specifically made before the rules were not very specific

sorry if this offend anyone

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 14:04:30

Ok so I've decided to make one more, since my previous ones are invalid and I ended up still eager to take a part.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 14:33:49

Good submission, yes? Not too straightforward, but I think it symbolizes a mood perfectly.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 14:53:25

Here's my first entry for the day... I'm going to aim to write a few more for the rest of the day:

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 14:55:48

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/529188?updated=1

I picked notes out of a bag. Literally.

I'm a noob.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 15:13:33

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/529191 Here is my submission, courage is what I was going for.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 15:37:27

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 17:03:38

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 19:06:26

I was looking into the matter myself I found some stuff.

A friend of mine who was in contact with him said he was working on one or two tracks each day during the NATA contest. I do agree that some of the tracks that were made before should be disqualified, and has he did say himself that he was not going to submit everything and knew some were not allowed.

Anyways, through much research I have found a plenty handful of the tracks are legitimate and no where to be found.

The Christmas contest I found out that he made the old track more "christmas-y"

November NAC
Quest for the Crown
Dreams of Splendor

These other contests are all legitimate they all checkout fine. So those of you who come to think that there was no new material made, there was still a lot of great work and amazing effort put through...

Oh yeah, even one of the tracks that were "re-uploaded" all of them are different in someway.

The "Cakeland" one is different from the YouTube video, it's a totally different arrangement and more polished in the mixing. Props.

Okay, so before everyone gets on me about doing this, I really hated this guy for doing this, but looking into it, there is a lot of good here going on that everyone seems to be missing. I know myself personally I would be ultra competitive when it comes to this stuff and if I had a lot of insane tracks I would probably be doing the same thing.

To be honest I think it was a misunderstanding like my friend burritos said before. He probably saw this as a big opportunity to give it everything possible and take some risks.

That's my two cents and ALSO, vote for my track :DDDDDDD

I posted it earlier but why not

So yeah. Disqualify me. I'm not the only one here who is on this side, and I hope those of you who agree with me say something as well.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 19:09:43

At 3/29/13 07:06 PM, ShadowLizards wrote: To be honest I think it was a misunderstanding like my friend burritos said before. He probably saw this as a big opportunity to give it everything possible and take some risks.

Yeah, uh, he cheated. He has been cheating in previous contests too. Fuck that guy.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 19:16:25

At 3/29/13 07:06 PM, ShadowLizards wrote: I was looking into the matter myself I found some stuff.

Hi deadlyfishes.

Didn't know we could alt check, did you?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 19:20:39

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 19:45:01

At 3/29/13 01:52 PM, hostileburritos wrote: i hope that you dont take this the wrong way but he...

Hello Deadlyfishes, we meet again.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 19:57:11

At 3/29/13 07:16 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 3/29/13 07:06 PM, ShadowLizards wrote:
Hi deadlyfishes.
Didn't know we could alt check, did you?
At 3/29/13 07:45 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 3/29/13 01:52 PM, hostileburritos wrote:

i give up

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 20:42:44

At 3/29/13 07:45 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 3/29/13 01:52 PM, hostileburritos wrote: i hope that you dont take this the wrong way but he...

He must be really desperate for the money.

I'm a noob.

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 20:59:44

Hey.

Can we stop picking on him? NATA already disqualified him and people have made fun of him enough. His reputation in contests is ruined as far as I know.

Let's move on with our lives and leave the issue alone.

Also here are my submissions which I named to their corresponding emotion for your convenience

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 21:37:37

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 22:55:24

3 hours remain!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 23:00:51

At 3/29/13 10:55 PM, NATA wrote: 3 hours remain!

whoah

and here I thought that it'd be only 1 more hour since I live on the east coast. Darnit, I should have waited until 2AM to finiah and submit. ;_;

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 23:05:07

Mood: Bravery

Just checked the BBS a few hours ago, got working on this immediately after.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 23:20:38

At 3/29/13 11:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: and here I thought that it'd be only 1 more hour since I live on the east coast. Darnit, I should have waited until 2AM to finiah and submit. ;_;

Oh, you're right. Well, if anyone needs an extra couple hours, here's your chance!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 23:25:19

At 3/29/13 11:20 PM, NATA wrote: Oh, you're right. Well, if anyone needs an extra couple hours, here's your chance!

you lucky people, take it and make something amazing (samulis, this means you)

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-29 23:42:54

At 3/29/13 11:25 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 3/29/13 11:20 PM, NATA wrote: Oh, you're right. Well, if anyone needs an extra couple hours, here's your chance!
you lucky people, take it and make something amazing (samulis, this means you)

Hehe... perfect, I'll have three by the time I am done... just started the first 45 minutes ago and I'm uploading now! Let's see if I can get even a fourth in the time! :DDD

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-30 00:22:08

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! 2013-03-30 01:12:52

agagghhhghhhghhh I can't stay up until the deadline

Good night everyone, here's hoping the winners will be notified if they win (not publicly of course)

Stuff.

BBS Signature