Support NATA 2014

- N A T A - Music Contest!

  • 6,740 Views
  • 188 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
- N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 07:49 PM Reply

Alright folks, we're starting up a small contest as a lead up to this year's Tournament of Animation.
We are looking for short musical pieces that create a specific mood. It can be happy, sad, horrifying, or any other emotional feeling.

Deadline: March 29th
Length: 30 seconds - 2 minutes.
Restrictions: No vocals, no M-rated content. Otherwise, it's free game!
* Submit by linking to your audio portal page in this thread.
* Submissions dated before March 19th will not be accepted.

There will be 4 winners, receiving $50 each and having their music used as part of this year's Tournament - great exposure!
For more information on the tournament, visit http://nata.munchymedia.com

Good luck!


BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 08:16 PM Reply

How many submissions can I have?


aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Count me in!


BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 10:52 PM Reply

Oh, man. Only 30 seconds to 2 minutes? I can moodmake, sure.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 10:59 PM Reply

A short piece would work. I'm in.


Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
b4ttle
b4ttle
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 11:36 PM Reply

Ooooh, awesome! :DD

So gunna do this B).


derp

NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 3/19/13 08:16 PM, Buoy wrote: How many submissions can I have?

You can submit any number of entries, but keep in mind that spending all your time on one high quality entry is more likely to win than making four lower-quality ones!

And yes, it is possible for one person to win all four slots. Be wise!


BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 3/20/13 01:49 AM, NATA wrote:
At 3/19/13 08:16 PM, Buoy wrote: How many submissions can I have?
You can submit any number of entries, but keep in mind that spending all your time on one high quality entry is more likely to win than making four lower-quality ones!

And yes, it is possible for one person to win all four slots. Be wise!

in order for that to happen, would said 4 entries all have to be different themes?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 02:56 AM Reply

At 3/20/13 02:41 AM, MaestroRage wrote: in order for that to happen, would said 4 entries all have to be different themes?

ambitious are we?

also I imagine they won't be choosing 4 super happy tunes which would mean yeah


aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

stunkel
stunkel
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 03:03 AM Reply

Is looping or non looping preferred or recommended? If these are used in animations, people might need these to span over a longer period of time I would imagine. I just might submit to this though! :D


Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 03:14 AM Reply

At 3/20/13 02:56 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/20/13 02:41 AM, MaestroRage wrote: in order for that to happen, would said 4 entries all have to be different themes?
ambitious are we?

also I imagine they won't be choosing 4 super happy tunes which would mean yeah

nah, I barely have time to scratch my own ass let alone write 4 themes :C... i'm just curious and wanted to get some clarity.

secretly i've already written 50 themes, each more glorious then the last.
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 03:24 AM Reply

I must take part in this.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
JustCoffee
JustCoffee
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 07:33 AM Reply

Wouldn't hurt to try I guess.


I make music. That's about it really. Check me out? :D

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 3/20/13 02:56 AM, Buoy wrote: ambitious are we?

Yes

At 3/20/13 03:03 AM, stunkel wrote: Is looping or non looping preferred or recommended? If these are used in animations, people might need these to span over a longer period of time I would imagine. I just might submit to this though! :D

I would love to know about this too. I'd rather know whether they should loop or not before submitting (though I already have one that I think I should).


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 12:02 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 3/20/13 03:03 AM, stunkel wrote: Is looping or non looping preferred or recommended? If these are used in animations, people might need these to span over a longer period of time I would imagine. I just might submit to this though! :D
I would love to know about this too. I'd rather know whether they should loop or not before submitting (though I already have one that I think I should).

Either is fine, as it will be up to the entrants on how to use these in their animations. They may decide to insert additional music tracks, use multiple tracks from this contest, cut one short, or even mix them together. A loop, I think, would be a great idea so long as it isn't super short like 5 seconds.

Whether or not your music loops will not effect your chances at winning; these are judged purely on how well they convey a mood or feel.


BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 02:22 PM, NATA wrote: Whether or not your music loops will not effect your chances at winning; these are judged purely on how well they convey a mood or feel.

Oh goody. I can definitely do that. Thanks for clearing it up. :) I'll also try to make it loop (if possible) so that people can possibly use them better in their animation.

Am I right in guessing that the winning tracks will be part of a limitation in the animation part of the contest? (like - you must use this audio track in the animation or something)


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 03:19 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Am I right in guessing that the winning tracks will be part of a limitation in the animation part of the contest? (like - you must use this audio track in the animation or something)

Correct! Though I will not reveal the winners of this contest until that round begins, as people could cheat by trying to start early if they knew which songs were going to be required...!


BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 05:45 PM, NATA wrote: Correct! Though I will not reveal the winners of this contest until that round begins, as people could cheat by trying to start early if they knew which songs were going to be required...!

Aaah, true true. When will that be? ^_^ I'd like to know.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 06:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:

:When will that be? ^_^ I'd like to know.

It will be for the Pro round, so June 10th at the latest.
I want to contact the entrants of this music contest privately to let them know the results sooner, but this leaves the possibility that someone may leak something to a NATA entrant. Hmmm...


BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:35 PM, NATA wrote:
At 3/21/13 06:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: When will that be? ^_^ I'd like to know.
It will be for the Pro round, so June 10th at the latest.
I want to contact the entrants of this music contest privately to let them know the results sooner, but this leaves the possibility that someone may leak something to a NATA entrant. Hmmm...

Well, if it increases the chance that I'll win, I won't tell anyone. :3 (or even if it doesn't, I suppose)


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 05:45 PM, NATA wrote: Correct! Though I will not reveal the winners of this contest until that round begins, as people could cheat by trying to start early if they knew which songs were going to be required...!

If any of the entries seem clearly superior, it's not hard to do some prediction and use that to start early anyway.


aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:43 PM, Buoy wrote: If any of the entries seem clearly superior, it's not hard to do some prediction and use that to start early anyway.

Yeah but if we both enter four each then they won't know which ones to pick.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:45 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 3/21/13 07:43 PM, Buoy wrote: If any of the entries seem clearly superior, it's not hard to do some prediction and use that to start early anyway.
Yeah but if we both enter four each then they won't know which ones to pick.

lol, you don't get to act all cocky during every contest just because you won dreams of splendor.


aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:47 PM, Buoy wrote: lol, you don't get to act all cocky during every contest just because you won dreams of splendor.

Oh don't worry, I'm fully expecting to lose this. I like acting with false bravado sometimes


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
bolisa
bolisa
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:49 PM Reply

lightning pointAt 3/19/13 07:49 PM,

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:49 PM, bolisa wrote: lightning pointAt 3/19/13 07:49 PM,

AND THE SUBMISSIONS BEGIN


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
bolisa
bolisa
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 3/21/13 07:50 PM, bolisa wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526449.
oke, here is mine!
At 3/19/13 07:49 PM, NATA wrote: * Submissions dated before March 19th will not be accepted.

Your entry was made prior to the start of this contest, and cannot be accepted.


BBS Signature
bolisa
bolisa
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 21st, 2013 @ 09:17 PM Reply

so, you mean this was made before 19th of march
, and thats why you did not accepted it?

NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Music Contest! Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 3/21/13 09:17 PM, bolisa wrote: so, you mean this was made before 19th of march
, and thats why you did not accepted it?

Yes, it's listed in the rules.


BBS Signature