BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Creating A New Portal 2013-03-19 19:33:41

A writing portal has been in the planning stages for a while now if i recall correctly.
The art portal is only relatively new compared to the rest of the site and still has some improvements with how it can be maintained, and the writing forum is even newer than that.

The inherent problem with it is that unlike a flash, a drawing, or audio, writing is a bit more of a subjective and time consuming thing. You can't just look at a piece of writing and instantly see the quality of work being presented. You usually have to read the whole thing to decide.

That said, making a bunch of threads isn't gonna do anything. Pm one of the admins if you wanna do something or at least get some info.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Creating A New Portal 2013-03-19 19:38:23

At 3/19/13 07:33 PM, M-Vero wrote: A writing portal has been in the planning stages for a while now if i recall correctly.

There's been talk about a lit portal floating about probably since the creation of the art portal.

That being said, I'd be more inclined to oppose it now just because of this thread spamming.

TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Creating A New Portal 2013-03-19 19:43:22

At 3/19/13 07:33 PM, M-Vero wrote: A writing portal has been in the planning stages for a while now if i recall correctly.
The art portal is only relatively new compared to the rest of the site and still has some improvements with how it can be maintained, and the writing forum is even newer than that.

The inherent problem with it is that unlike a flash, a drawing, or audio, writing is a bit more of a subjective and time consuming thing. You can't just look at a piece of writing and instantly see the quality of work being presented. You usually have to read the whole thing to decide.

That said, making a bunch of threads isn't gonna do anything. Pm one of the admins if you wanna do something or at least get some info.

Thanks for taking time to comment and state your opinion:) Most of the admins won't respond and the ones that do say pretty much what you did.

"Zombie of the mind, craves food for thought."

BBS Signature
TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Creating A New Portal 2013-03-19 19:53:56

At 3/19/13 07:38 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
There's been talk about a lit portal floating about probably since the creation of the art portal.

That being said, I'd be more inclined to oppose it now just because of this thread spamming.

Thats a little harsh, but it is your opinion. This wasnt ment to be a spam, just trying to get support from forums that have a portal to go along with them by using a brief thread. I did post it in other forums, so I guess it could be a spam. If so, I truly apoligize. Spamming can get annoying. Just know I meant well and if it is of any comfurt, an admin will probebly delet it lol.

I hear rumors about it being planned, but none of the admins will confirm or they dont know. Seriesly, dont oppose it just because one guy is trying to promote the idea. Merry March Madness!

"Zombie of the mind, craves food for thought."

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Creating A New Portal 2013-03-19 19:58:34

At 3/19/13 07:53 PM, TheInnerScience wrote: This wasnt ment to be a spam

This is the literal definition of spam

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Creating A New Portal 2013-03-19 20:06:52

Go bug the writing forum, they might give a shit.