00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

General Consensus On "Blocking"

3,716 Views | 66 Replies

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 00:05:26

First of all I never argue over private message, that's a colossal waste of time and inbox space. It's the path people take when they're too scared to make their opinions known on a forum and I'm not going to waste my time supporting that.

Secondly internet arguing is comparable to sparring in front of a listening audience, your only effect on the challenging party should be through an argumentative attack and hopefully good sportsmanship, (don't count on the latter, and don't ever count on somehow convincing your foe of a certain viewpoint).

As of late I've been incorporating a 3 strikes end it rule for my arguments. I end the argument when I feel everything that I had to say has been said already, or when I feel my opponent's argument is no longer worth the time. I still enjoy a nice argument either way.

BBS Signature

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 00:08:10

At 3/17/13 11:11 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Let his wisdom into your heart and mind.

This guy is funny but his words hold truth as well.

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 00:10:34

At 3/18/13 12:05 AM, naronic wrote: As of late I've been incorporating a 3 strikes end it rule for my arguments. I end the argument when I feel everything that I had to say has been said already, or when I feel my opponent's argument is no longer worth the time. I still enjoy a nice argument either way.

I like these points, good show.

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 00:27:08

I don't block people who block me, by the off chance that they realize they were at fault and want to apologize I like to keep them unblocked. I only block spammers, and even that I do sparingly because one spammer I blocked made a shitton of alts and continued to spam me.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 01:04:38

I get the last word I raise the wall Soak it in Through the skin Feel the burn

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 08:19:04

At 3/17/13 11:38 PM, BumFodder wrote: pic related its me & my 6 pack smash u up innit

Hey this is exactly how we thaw meat at work

Response to General Consensus On "Blocking" 2013-03-18 11:09:29

Blocking offline is done via not going with the person, not letting them in your home, not meeting them to talk.

Blocking someone online is the same.

You forget that online can barge towards you with nothing in the way unless you block them, they can send you messages etc. and constantly IM you etc. and if you don't want it, and they won't stop it despite being asked, how do you seperate yourself from them? Blocking them, the way you would avoid them IRL also.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature