00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The U.S.: Fatmerica?

2,318 Views | 28 Replies

The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 03:41:59

The United States. I was born and raised here. I still live here, and will probably live here most of the rest of my life. I've been all around the world and I've noticed differences between other cultures and countries.

I've also noticed that the United States is practically the most obese country in the world. Some people even give the U.S. the nickname Fatmerica. Go to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, or even small town Lexington, Nebraska. What will you see? Obesity, and lots of it. If it is not obesity, then it is overweight people.

It doesn't matter what their gender, age, race, or economic background is. Obesity is prevalent in each and every subgroup of people that reside in the US. However, poor people tend to be more overweight to due to the fact that junk food is obviously cheaper than healthier food.

Where I live in California I decided to go out to random public places, from neighborhoods to stores to the mall. At least one third of the people I saw, including young people, would be considered overweight from what I observed. Lots of healthy people too, but just as many, if not more, unhealthy people. I live next to an elementary school and I see plenty of children that are borderline overweight. Many are healthy, too, but let's be concerned about those who are unhealthy.

Obesity. Overweight. Unhealthiness. Let's stop it, America.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 03:46:13

U.S.A isn't number 1. There a few island nations that are ranked higher on the list of obese countries.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 03:50:48

At 3/17/13 03:46 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: U.S.A isn't number 1. There a few island nations that are ranked higher on the list of obese countries.

I don't care about those. Of course Palau (I believe it is) and Samoa are slightly fatter, but those countries are very tiny and could easily change their health issues in comparison to the US. The US is a massive country.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 04:09:45

When has complaining about fat people stopped people from being fat?

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 04:48:22

I find it hard to believe you are an American citizen. I think its more likely you are an Iranian spy trying to create dissension.

'In God we trust' U.S national motto

Beats

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 04:52:20

"If you look for it, you'll find it."

You're looking for it, so of course you'll notice it everywhere you go. The same could be said about the argument to your point.

This trend isn't permanent, so lighten up.

see what I did there? "lighten up?" lololol

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 05:17:36

At 3/17/13 05:04 AM, mandog wrote: Fat genes dude, though some people use this as an excuse they do exist, and its genetic, America is only getting fatter.

Stop making excuses for your disgusting lifestyle.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 05:35:11

At 3/17/13 05:29 AM, mandog wrote:
At 3/17/13 05:17 AM, InspectorJason wrote:
At 3/17/13 05:04 AM, mandog wrote: Fat genes dude, though some people use this as an excuse they do exist, and its genetic, America is only getting fatter.
Stop making excuses for your disgusting lifestyle.
I'm not fat sherlock

Then why support the fat lifestyle? Its disgusting. Fat people are fucking hideous.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 05:40:09

At 3/17/13 05:36 AM, mandog wrote:
At 3/17/13 05:35 AM, InspectorJason wrote: Then why support the fat lifestyle? Its disgusting. Fat people are fucking hideous.
Sherlock

Go huff some fat cock you prick.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 05:53:51

At 3/17/13 05:51 AM, mandog wrote:
At 3/17/13 05:40 AM, InspectorJason wrote:
At 3/17/13 05:36 AM, mandog wrote:
At 3/17/13 05:35 AM, InspectorJason wrote: Then why support the fat lifestyle? Its disgusting. Fat people are fucking hideous.
Sherlock
Go huff some fat cock you prick.
Sherlock

I'm going to go have a shower then have some raisin toast or maybe raisin cereal. Depends on what I feel like.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 11:29:20

At 3/17/13 03:46 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: U.S.A isn't number 1. There a few island nations that are ranked higher on the list of obese countries.

I remember reading that, but I also read that the USA is the fastest country in terms of gaining obesity.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 11:34:24

At 3/17/13 04:48 AM, JohnFreedom wrote: I find it hard to believe you are an American citizen. I think its more likely you are an Iranian spy trying to create dissension.

Thank you John Freedom. God bless America.

The U.S.: Fatmerica?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 11:41:33

lose some weight fatties

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 11:49:40

At 3/17/13 03:41 AM, TragediesStrikeUs wrote: Obesity. Overweight. Unhealthiness. Let's stop it, America.

Great idea! First step, ban fastfood.

There might be rebellion.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 11:51:04

At 3/17/13 11:49 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/17/13 03:41 AM, TragediesStrikeUs wrote: Obesity. Overweight. Unhealthiness. Let's stop it, America.
Great idea! First step, ban fastfood.

There might be rebellion.

But the CANSTETUSION protects your freedom to do stuff except when it doesnt.

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 11:55:46

Food stamps = fat people. We give out a lot of food stamps in this country.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 12:03:43

At 3/17/13 11:55 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Food stamps = fat people. We give out a lot of food stamps in this country.

I think the only countries that give out food stamps are the USA and India.

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 12:16:46

At 3/17/13 12:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/17/13 11:55 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Food stamps = fat people. We give out a lot of food stamps in this country.
I think the only countries that give out food stamps are the USA and India.

I don't qualify for food stamps, but I don't have much money left over for food after trying to pay all the bills. So we can't stock up on tons of food. People on food stamps can go get more food than I can afford, and I don't think there is any regulation on what they can buy. So they can stock up on steaks, chips, etc.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 14:00:08

At 3/17/13 12:09 PM, Ma1achi wrote: That's a common misconception and excuse for their gluttony. You can eat beans and rice for $2, etc. etc. etc. It doesn't cost more at all if you buy groceries selectively.

I'm not sure how it is in the USA, but I do believe you're right about this. If you care to look around, you could fairly easily find healthy foods (vegetables, everything you need for a proper meal) that are cheaper than junk food, even in regular supermarkets. It's definitely way cheaper than going to McDonalds or something similar almost every day.

Oddly enough though, it does always seem to me that the poorer a family is, the more junk and pre-prepared foods they eat. I honestly have no idea why that is.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 14:28:56

At 3/17/13 12:16 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I don't qualify for food stamps, but I don't have much money left over for food after trying to pay all the bills. So we can't stock up on tons of food. People on food stamps can go get more food than I can afford, and I don't think there is any regulation on what they can buy. So they can stock up on steaks, chips, etc.

Might be one of the larger causes of obesity in the USA then. Better to be fat than starve though I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 14:32:14

I'm an American and I can testify i'm shockingly obese. I have crane operators on either side of my bed to lift and move my arms for me because I can't do it myself.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 15:08:05

One of the oldest discussions in the book. Technically, Australia is the fattest nation of the world.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 15:16:01

Other than being McDonalds, general laziness, and terrible urban design (Those suburbs means driving miles and miles to go to work, instead of transit or walking. WALK, guys), I really think that most Americans are becoming more obese because they just don't know where to go. Think about it - the average obese American wants to lose weight, and when he/she Googles "How to lose weight" they get tons and tons of ads telling them to "Go on a diet!" "Buy one heck of a large exercise machine (The scary one you see at the back in gyms)" "PROTEIN SHAKES, THEN GO TO THE DUMBBELLS" and "DO THIS" and "DO THAT". What disgusts me even more is that - well - corporations led us into this mess, and those same corporations are "trying" to get us out. But their mindset is for money, and they're still using it, so it's just confusing people even more.

I mean, I see stores and restaurants all over advertising "Low Fat Wraps" or "Helps in Weight-Loss", being sold at where? The same places that sold heart disease and obesity. It's ironic. We're never getting out of this pit we're in at this rate any time soon. Maybe never...

In fact the other day I found a McDonalds Nutritional Facts calculator; see how healthy your meals here can be! Ugh, so pathetic. You can't lose weight and still enjoy greasy burgers. In order to lose weight, you need to shut down McDonalds.

So America - what's your first step to losing weight? Shut down McDonalds and Burger King.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 15:49:35

They could go on a very long walk.

It works for me atleast.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 15:55:02

At 3/17/13 03:08 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote: One of the oldest discussions in the book. Technically, Australia is the fattest nation of the world.

No it is not. Looking at most statistics, US still overshadows Australia. Even if Australia has a higher general overweight percentage, the US still has a higher percentage of people who are obese. You won't see many people that are gigantic like they are in the US in other countries. Even in Asia or Europe, there are plenty of overweight people, but very few of them are 300 pounds+.

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 16:04:20

At 3/17/13 03:50 AM, TragediesStrikeUs wrote:
I don't care about those.

Well fuck you then.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 16:06:25

instead of complaining a bout fat people. why don't we do something about it?

nobody wants to sit next to an obese person on a plane anyways

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 16:10:53

Are there restrictions on what can be purchased with food stamps? How do you define food etc? Can we redefine what considered legitimate nutritional source?

Response to The U.S.: Fatmerica? 2013-03-17 16:32:02

At 3/17/13 04:06 PM, Sequenced wrote: instead of complaining a bout fat people. why don't we do something about it?

I think we all just kinda assume Michelle Obama is single-handedly doing so