00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

wreck it ralph is a bad movie

3,564 Views | 57 Replies

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 17:32:02

I thought it was really good, and I looked deeper into the charterers for example the mother figure that Sergeant Calhoun played to Fix-It-Felix Jr. and Ralph's father figure role that he played to Sugar Rush.

And i still like they way they threw adult humor into the dialogue and im pretty sure the cupcake mountains with the two cherries on top were suppose to be giant sweet tits; or maybe thats just my imagination

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 17:42:07

At 3/14/13 08:46 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: judging from the first hour or so it seems just as bad as despicable me. Does it get better?

Um... how about you watch the rest of the movie?

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 18:11:33

At 3/14/13 08:49 PM, BlueBeef wrote: It was alright.
It's meant for children.

Doesn't matter, pixar has made some of the best films ever, the demographic doesn't change that. I thought Wreck it ralph was very forgettable. The main focus of every trailer was the game characters, we got game characters for maybe 5 minutes total and the rest is just generic cartoon characters no one cares about.

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 18:19:56

At 3/15/13 05:32 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: the mother figure that Sergeant Calhoun played to Fix-It-Felix Jr.

Incest is wincest.

I keep seeing people say the movie is only notable for the cameos, they complain about the cameos because it was designed to draw in a crowd (there's no denying that, those marketing genius bastards), but they forget that the cameos aren't very long or important and the whole of the movie focuses on original characters and sets. Reminds me of Roger Rabbit -- they're there to enjoy, but they're not there to steal the show. Are they really worth complaining about?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 18:25:39

Obviously. It came out this year, didn't it?

Hello.

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 18:59:53

At 3/15/13 06:25 PM, Linktopast wrote: Obviously. It came out this year, didn't it?

Winter 2012. What does that have to do with the quality of the movie?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:02:39

At 3/15/13 06:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 3/15/13 06:25 PM, Linktopast wrote: Obviously. It came out this year, didn't it?

"Older is always better," I assume.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:31:35

At 3/15/13 07:02 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 3/15/13 06:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
"Older is always better," I assume.

See, this guy's got it.

Hello.

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:35:00

At 3/15/13 07:31 PM, Linktopast wrote: See, this guy's got it.

Oh, you're so mature for your age!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:38:59

At 3/15/13 07:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Well, it's true.

Hello.

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:41:25

At 3/15/13 07:38 PM, Linktopast wrote:
Well, it's true.

No, it isn't. Plenty of good movies still come out these days.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:43:36

At 3/15/13 07:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Well, it's true.

Doesn't change the fact that older is better.

Hello.

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:45:42

It had some fun elements. Gave you a little childhood insight, like how video games were alive, and shared each other via power strips and things like that.

Seeing your old fav characters on screen like eggman. I was super super sad he had no lines or plot in the movie at all :<

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:47:14

At 3/15/13 07:43 PM, Linktopast wrote: Doesn't change the fact that older is better.

Yeah, man, I should have been born in a different decade. Everything was cooler back in the somethings.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 19:52:18

At 3/15/13 07:43 PM, Linktopast wrote: Doesn't change the fact that older is better.

Glen or Glenda, Robot Monster, The Conqueror, Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Beast of Yucca Flats, Eegah, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Monster A Go-Go, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Myra Breckinridge, At Long Last Love, Heaven's Gate, Inchon, Mommie Dearest, Leonard Part 6, Jaws: The Revenge, The Garbage Pail Kids Movie, Hobgoblins, Mac and Me, Troll 2, Highlander II: The Quickening, North, Showgirls, Bio-Dome, Batman & Robin, An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn, Battlefield Earth, Freddy Got Fingered...

i.e. older =/= better.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 22:25:15

At 3/15/13 07:52 PM, Ryanson wrote: i.e. older =/= better.

Has MST3K done Glen or Glenda?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 23:30:11

At 3/15/13 04:03 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: If you watched the first hour then... not really. I liked the movie though, the fact that the characters are all stuck within arcade machines is something new, of course the antagonists and protagonists are all generic, but the plot's not.

Despicable Me was horrible though. I don't get how that movie could get more hype than Mastermind.

I liked both Despicable Me and Mastermind far more than Wreck-it Ralph. The characters was iffy in those two, but at least the writers were trying to create personalities. Most of the characters in Wreck-it Ralph are defined by their problems.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-15 23:39:59

I'm noticing that most people, not all, but most, who view it negatively, in this thread, have never seen it. Go figure.

I won't say it was the best, but it's pretty cool.

And generic? Okay, yeah. That's how stories generally work. It's the retelling of the same basic story in a new fashion.

The Outsiders, Underworld, Romeo and Juliet. Three very different movies, but share the same plot. Lovers on opposing sides.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 00:01:26

At 3/15/13 08:59 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/14/13 08:46 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: seriously, it's just a generic disney "hero finds somebody who's like him, then saves that person" plot with video games thrown in, why do people like it so much and proclaim it like the thing that saved Disney? judging from the first hour or so it seems just as bad as despicable me. Does it get better?
This is what I was telling everyone but no one agreed with me. Its seriously one of the worst films I have ever seen, the only good character is felix later on.

Best character from Wreck-it-ralph

Also the plot was original, the movie wasn't too good, and OP should have seen it all before judging it but it's grizzlyone so what do you expect.

wreck it ralph is a bad movie

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 09:19:58

At 3/16/13 12:01 AM, Nor wrote: Best character from Wreck-it-ralph

I think she was a really flat character like almost all the rest since there wasnt anything to her other than "she has this problem"

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 13:12:12

At 3/16/13 09:19 AM, BumFodder wrote: I think she was a really flat character like almost all the rest since there wasnt anything to her other than "she has this problem"

Aren't most movie characters, though? Not that I mind. As long as there's either action or graphically aesthetic scenery to watch then I'm good.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 13:15:53

At 3/15/13 11:39 PM, Narcissy wrote: I'm noticing that most people, not all, but most, who view it negatively, in this thread, have never seen it. Go figure.

I won't say it was the best, but it's pretty cool.

And generic? Okay, yeah. That's how stories generally work. It's the retelling of the same basic story in a new fashion.

The Outsiders, Underworld, Romeo and Juliet. Three very different movies, but share the same plot. Lovers on opposing sides.

what are you talking about, I don't know what Underworld is and I don't care to find out but the Outsiders plot has almost no similarities to Romeo & Juliet.

filler text

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 13:26:29

I didn't see it because Ralph is the most annoying name I have ever heard.

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 13:27:39

At 3/14/13 08:46 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: judging from the first hour or so it seems just as bad as despicable me. Does it get better?

Oh yes, it does get better. You really shouldn't judge such a popular movie if you haven't seen it all.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 13:36:03

its a simple plot with simple characters. it has a solid and standard storyline with nothing that seperates its own story from something like "brave" which involves a protagonist not being where they want to be and after journeying realize their importance in some way or another to either a character, situation, etc.

that being said, its a SOLID and FOCUSED story. most modern films don't know how to be focused or matter. i guess the saddest part about this film being critically acclaimed is that few other films in 2012 were as good as this. i mean there's cabin in the woods, argo, dredd, and looper, and that's it. the bar is set so fucking low that wreck it ralph is actually getting love.

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 14:09:18

At 3/15/13 07:43 PM, Linktopast wrote:
At 3/15/13 07:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Well, it's true.
Doesn't change the fact that older is better.

There have plenty of Shit movies that are older. Classics are not always better.

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you

Pokémon

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 18:40:08

At 3/16/13 09:19 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/16/13 12:01 AM, Nor wrote: Best character from Wreck-it-ralph
I think she was a really flat character like almost all the rest since there wasnt anything to her other than "she has this problem"

I just liked her because she was cute

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to wreck it ralph is a bad movie 2013-03-16 21:15:13

At 3/14/13 08:54 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: No offense to people who actually like those sytems, I'm just saying this movie looks like it was aimed toward the retro 90's kid video game wanna be hipster crowd when I first saw the previews for it.

Hit the nail right on the head. I had the same impression.

brains.

BBS Signature