00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mibrudabot1225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests

33,441 Views | 78 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 00:23:51

At 4/25/13 11:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/24/13 01:23 AM, ZakChaos wrote: Hello friends and fellow game devs! Thanks you for running this excellent contest! I had a blast working on this project, and focusing for once on just one game all month. Thank you for giving me a reason to focus my efforts into this resulting game.
I look forward to exploring with your excellent community!
Check out my game?
Clever! I just played on my PC so far but imagine it being funny with my finger on the screen, I'll be trying it on my phone soon!

If you have android i highly reccomend trying this version thru google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zaxco.dntg tct&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS56YXhjby5 kbnRndGN0Il0.

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 00:46:47

Submitted my game some time ago, and it works locally (on my laptop) but not on NG - no idea why!!! :(

joyfuldreamer.com

To repeat what others have said requires education, to challenge it requires brains.

- Mary Pettibone Poole

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 01:15:04

At 5/1/13 12:46 AM, joyfuldreamer wrote: Submitted my game some time ago, and it works locally (on my laptop) but not on NG - no idea why!!! :(
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/673689

Never mind, seems the JavaScripts didn't minify (I must be missing something). Disabling the Minify option on export from C2 solved it. Uploading the new version now...

joyfuldreamer.com

To repeat what others have said requires education, to challenge it requires brains.

- Mary Pettibone Poole

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 02:07:12

At 5/1/13 01:15 AM, joyfuldreamer wrote:
At 5/1/13 12:46 AM, joyfuldreamer wrote: Submitted my game some time ago, and it works locally (on my laptop) but not on NG - no idea why!!! :(
Never mind, seems the JavaScripts didn't minify (I must be missing something). Disabling the Minify option on export from C2 solved it. Uploading the new version now...

Sh-t, still not working. I've confirmed it works in IIS on my laptop, but not when uploaded to NG!!! :(

joyfuldreamer.com

- Mary Pettibone Poole

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 02:24:09

Ok, I had to delete the old project and reupload the file. It works now, go figure. :/

joyfuldreamer.com

- Mary Pettibone Poole

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 02:57:35

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 08:56:04

Here's my game:
Spooky Kitties

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 09:34:51

Have you tried it in Chrome? If it's not working in Firefox and IE, one issue we saw this week was a game with foreign symbols in the image filenames, which caused a loading issue.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 10:48:11

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/616572

and here is my memory game. feedback appreciated.

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 11:45:21

How do we know who wins the contest or for a list of winners?

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 11:48:31

+
And when results will be anounced?

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-01 13:45:28

At 5/1/13 11:48 AM, Kurz wrote: +
And when results will be anounced?

Judging will be taking place over the next week or so. Between this, Pico Day and NATA there is a lot of stuff to process right now so sorry for any delays!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-02 00:53:56

Thanks Tom, it's ok, I just had to reupload it for some reason. It's here now:

joyfuldreamer.com

- Mary Pettibone Poole

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-06 12:24:43

Greetings from development hell, where my ninja game shows black screen whenever i try to host it on dropbox.
While the competition is over (sadly, i can't get the game to work), i'd like to ask you guys for some advice.
Has anyone ever tried hosting their game on Dropbox? Did it work?
Have you ever gotten a black/white/grey screen when trying to test it on a website (yet the game works well in preview)? Any tips? I really wanted to upload it, even if i am too late for receiving any prizes...

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-06 12:50:46

btw we can vote for our games once a day. is it a bug or a feature or neither?

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-13 13:58:30

At 5/6/13 12:24 PM, Stiivais wrote: Greetings from development hell, where my ninja game shows black screen whenever i try to host it on dropbox.
While the competition is over (sadly, i can't get the game to work), i'd like to ask you guys for some advice.
Has anyone ever tried hosting their game on Dropbox? Did it work?
Have you ever gotten a black/white/grey screen when trying to test it on a website (yet the game works well in preview)? Any tips? I really wanted to upload it, even if i am too late for receiving any prizes...

Hi Stilvais,

Dropbox had a few issues about a month or so back, when it changed some of its security settings (and links changed from Dropbox.com to dropboxusercontent.com) which caused problems with some games, though I'm unsure why you need Dropbox to host your game, when you can just upload the game to the Newgrounds site and it will be hosted there.

Sometimes you might also find that games perform differently in different browsers; Internet explorer seems to be the most problematic for my own game, and occasionally leads to heroes walking straight off the board and into the sunset!
Fortunately there's lots of useful advice in the scirra forum, so type your problems into their search box and I'm sure you'll find something to help you.

Good luck in finishing your game; there's always another competition just round the corner.

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-15 16:25:44

At 5/13/13 01:58 PM, davehailwood wrote: Dropbox had a few issues about a month or so back, when it changed some of its security settings (and links changed from Dropbox.com to dropboxusercontent.com) which caused problems with some games, though I'm unsure why you need Dropbox to host your game, when you can just upload the game to the Newgrounds site and it will be hosted there.

Sometimes you might also find that games perform differently in different browsers; Internet explorer seems to be the most problematic for my own game, and occasionally leads to heroes walking straight off the board and into the sunset!
Fortunately there's lots of useful advice in the scirra forum, so type your problems into their search box and I'm sure you'll find something to help you.

Good luck in finishing your game; there's always another competition just round the corner.

Well, does Newgrounds allow uploading of content, that is unfinished, still being developed: e.g. is it possible set content to private, so others cannot view it?
I am asking this, because i wanted to test, if the game was working outside of preview, but it was in an early alpha state, at best... Either way, i scrapped the project, seeing as other people would get only a grey screen (perhaps it was the fault of Dropbox after all!) when trying to launch the game, it lacked polish.
Thank you for your kind words, i will really try to create quality content for competitions to come (because of that sweet, sweet license :D), have a nice day/evening.

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-15 18:22:02

Yeah you can upload your HTML5 zip and do "preview" and it will hosted on NG and only be visible to you (and your collaborators). Pretty useful.

You can also use a github page to host a test version of the game, which is what I did. Useful for sharing, which you can't do with NG's preview.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 2 Jam & Other Contests 2013-05-16 11:07:44

At 5/15/13 06:22 PM, Foolmoron wrote: Yeah you can upload your HTML5 zip and do "preview" and it will hosted on NG and only be visible to you (and your collaborators). Pretty useful.

You can also use a github page to host a test version of the game, which is what I did. Useful for sharing, which you can't do with NG's preview.

Actually you CAN share your previews - on the preview page there is a dropdown box where you can choose to share with project members, or registered NG users, or the general public. You can also add individual beta testers to your project!

BBS Signature