• 13 Replies
Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:08 AM

watching this? No Atheist has ever disproved this video.

Even though I think Atheism is one of the dumbest religions, I'd like to see if you can provide a counterargument to that video. I bet you can't, but it'd be fun to see how the Atheist believer's mind works.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:10 AM

Shitstorm inbound

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:14 AM

do atheists even have nightmares

don't they just dream of IMMORAL acts with children or animals

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:32 AM

If you are trolling, you did a poor job.

The cavendish banana, or dessert banana, is actually man made. Real bananas (the ones that humanity found growing in the wild originally, or ones made by "god") are pretty shitty, full of seeds, and inedible. HUMANS gradually started domesticating them about 7000 years ago, and eventually through lots of mutations and proper breeding and cultivating, eventually came up with the nice edible dessert banana that the twats in your vid so love to call the perfect fruit.

Hell pretty much any fruit and vegetable in its present state that we eat today was created by humans through years and years of cultivation. Most wild and original fruits and veggies were pretty shit, we (not 'god') made them edible.

It takes 5 seconds to look it up, and if you know anything about human history or even basic biology its not hard to figure out.

robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:44 AM

Because some idiot talking about how a man-made type of banana being a miracle of God doesn't exactly convince me that one exists.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:44 AM

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

If in doubt then set it on fire because fire is A if not THE answer and solution to absolutely everything.
-- Corey Griffin 2008
</thread></head></body></html>

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:45 AM

At 3/14/13 08:08 AM, Ononymous wrote: Even though I think Atheism is one of the dumbest religions

How does a word that literally means 'against religion' a religion? What are you on about?

ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:48 AM

At 3/14/13 08:45 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/14/13 08:08 AM, Ononymous wrote: Even though I think Atheism is one of the dumbest religions
How does a word that literally means 'against religion' a religion? What are you on about?

It's not a religion, it's not against religion, it's just the lack of believing in religion. The absence of religious belief. Against religion is Anti-theist. By definition atheism is a moral, cultural and ethnic stance and NOT a religion. There is one big difference between anti-theist and atheist, anti-theist's are assholes who try to tear religion apart, atheists just don't believe.

If in doubt then set it on fire because fire is A if not THE answer and solution to absolutely everything.
-- Corey Griffin 2008

Mel-Gibson
Mel-Gibson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:50 AM

At 3/14/13 08:32 AM, ornery wrote: eventually through lots of mutations and proper breeding and cultivating, eventually came up with the nice edible dessert banana that the twats in your vid so love to call the perfect fruit.

But does it not say in Genenesis 1:27:
"So God created bananas in His own image, in the image of God He created them; bananas and plantains He created them."

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:57 AM

Score 1 for God
Uh oh atheists, prepare to have your jimbobs wrinkled yet again

God:2
Atheists:-4

How Can You Be An Atheist After

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:14 AM

At 3/14/13 08:48 AM, ToastedToastyToast wrote: It's not a religion, it's not against religion, it's just the lack of believing in religion. The absence of religious belief. Against religion is Anti-theist. By definition atheism is a moral, cultural and ethnic stance and NOT a religion. There is one big difference between anti-theist and atheist, anti-theist's are assholes who try to tear religion apart, atheists just don't believe.

Absence of religious belief is irreligion or agnosticism depending on how likely you think it is. Athiesm has and always will mean 'against religion'.

Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:20 AM

At 3/14/13 08:32 AM, ornery wrote: If you are trolling, you did a poor job.

I think he succeeded.

BBS Signature
ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:28 AM

At 3/14/13 09:14 AM, BumFodder wrote: Absence of religious belief is irreligion or agnosticism depending on how likely you think it is. Athiesm has and always will mean 'against religion'.

Any way you want it, any way you like it, any way you take it atheism has never, will never, can never and in no context what so ever mean "Against Religion". Read a book.

-- Corey Griffin 2008

FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to How Can You Be An Atheist After Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:32 AM

I'm confused.

Is the argument for Religion because the banana was made specifically for humans?
Or are you saying we evolved from primates because they eat bananas more skillfully than we do? Sometimes with their feet.

Also these coincidental arguments get you nowhere. Being amazed at how the world works doesn't prove anything other than your mind is easily amused.