Be a Supporter!
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 22:36:43 Reply

Guys, I know most of you don't know me very well, but I was born blind in one eye, because my eye didn't fully develop, I had to be taken out early because I stopped breathing. My eye has cataracts, and is lazy, the pupil leans on the edge of the eye, and it's slightly, or a bit smaller.
I have always hated being blind in one eye, for many reasons, bullying, teasing, disability, or even when people avoid, or make eye contact.
But now, I found this, it is quite old, like a year ago, but I MUST know about this.
http://now.msn.com/bionic-eye-gives-sight-to-the-blind-in-me dical-breakthrough
You might be wondering: "Why are you asking NG?"
I don't know, I just I'm surprised, and feel excited, but I have doubt that it will work for me...
Can I ever gain sight from this? Where can I find out more about it?
I have not really asked my parents ALL the little details, but I'm pretty sure since my eye wasn't fully developed, it might have to do with the lack of brain connection with the eye, maybe it's the cause of the lazy eye.

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 22:39:14 Reply

Can't cataracts be removed now a days?

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 22:41:29 Reply

Since your eye is already blind I don't think there's any harm that could come upon it by experimenting around with a replacement. Good luck.

P.S. "Bionic Eye" sounds really badass.

Scintillating
Scintillating
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 22:44:12 Reply

I was born with two penises

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 22:45:46 Reply

At 3/13/13 10:44 PM, Scintillating wrote: I was born with two penises

Pics or it didn't happen.

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:02:56 Reply

Hey,
Yeah, soon you'll be able to see with a bionic eye. It's not like normal sight out of a regular eye, though, it'll feel like a new sight. It's hard to explain.

A lot of research right now is going into hijacking your brain's wires and making them send signals that they normally wouldn't. For example, you can hook a camera up to someone's tongue and electrical impulses through the tongue can make your brain "see" through your tongue.

It will take a few more years before they are available to the public and will likely be extremely expensive when they first come out. Keep an eye out for chances to get involved in studies, maybe you'll get to see something nobody else has, yet.

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:14:40 Reply

I knew NG had good hearts.

Yea cataract removal is possible, but that's not all that's causing my blindness.
I am very happy to see these replies, specially Gramiscus's
I wish I could get my hands on one of those soon...but I shouldn't complain because I never thought this would be possible in 100 years, It seems I have underestimated technology, and science.
And yes Bionic Eye sounds badass, lol reminds me of Bionic Commando.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:18:14 Reply

I have just one question, and I really hope I don't offend you

Because of your lazy eye, do you see two separate images at all times, or do the two images merge into one mental picture?

It's something I've wondered for a long time

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:21:22 Reply

It doesnt work that well at the moment

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:28:23 Reply

At 3/13/13 11:18 PM, Xenomit wrote: I have just one question, and I really hope I don't offend you

Because of your lazy eye, do you see two separate images at all times, or do the two images merge into one mental picture?

It's something I've wondered for a long time

It just feels like a camera in my left socket, I don't know how it feels to see from both eyes.
I can partially see my nose. basically it's like the image I see is from the leftside of my face.

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:39:26 Reply

At 3/13/13 11:05 PM, Provoke wrote: I am resisting the urge to start posting Judas Priest lyrics.

I love you for that.

TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:48:47 Reply

good luck with whatever you decide to do.

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

CiviLies
CiviLies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:50:54 Reply

There are currently twenty-five groups around the world that are working to develop technologies that will aid patients with various eyesight conditions by implanting devices in their retinas. I know that may sound rather broad and vague, but basically, be on the lookout for bionic eyes. They are a very real possibility that should be safe for everyday consumer use (I say this while ignoring what will probably be a gargantuan price tag. At least at first) in the next 15-20 years. That may seem like a long way off, but better late than never, yeah? Besides, that's a rough estimate, and it could be out sooner. I highly doubt it'll be out later. Maybe wireless versions will take longer (from what I've learned, a lot of the bionic eyes being developed come with wires, but wireless versions will come out. It's inevitable). Keep strong and keep positive, mate.

A man turns into an empty, hollow shell of his former self
Feminism is yet to affect my life in any way other than by filling websites I go to with crude feminist hate- Jester

BBS Signature
Silverspecks
Silverspecks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to The Bionic Eye 2013-03-13 23:58:03 Reply

I sometimes wish my bad eye and one of my ears could be replaced with audio and video recording devices so I could call people out when they don't remember their bullshit. Of course that would be the start of a slippery slope of making myself fully bionic.

Cybercity Newgrounds: A Cop's Tale
I wanna be an author someday.

BBS Signature