New Topic Respond to this Topic
WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 01:53 PM Reply

I don't have as much in the way of style or technical skill, but I'd like to think I make up for it with my imagination.
Let me know what you think. I'd like to sell these as prints on DA, but I guess I'm testing the waters first, and seeing if any of you would think that's not a good idea or whatever.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/056/3/4/logic_by_wayo fthepencil-d5w6e2m.jpg

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 01:57 PM Reply

Also, I suck at any type of html, coding or related computer skills, so please excuse the formatting you're about to endure:

I made this guy. He is mine. Her name is "The Anchorman".

Images by 2nd level imagionationist

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:18 PM Reply

The concept behind this one was that the ribs serve as an extension of the rows of teeth.

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:25 PM Reply

Her jaw is actually split into two halves. I have been told it looks like a monster from Borderlands, which happens to be a game I haven't played yet, so I assure you no plagiarism took place here.

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:31 PM Reply

I made a few redesigns of some characters from that video game no one has ever heard of:
Mushroom

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Frog:

Luwano
Luwano
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:32 PM Reply

I have nothing of value to add here, but I just wanted to say that I like your art so far a lot. Keep it coming! :D

You mentioned that the last two are redesigns of video game characters. Mind to share which game? Or is it something you are working on, that is not released yet?

BBS Signature
WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:35 PM Reply

Bird Turtle

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

Wow man, I love your linework. Your third figure is also pretty damn cool. Moar!

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 03:32 PM, Luwano wrote: I have nothing of value to add here, but I just wanted to say that I like your art so far a lot. Keep it coming! :D

You mentioned that the last two are redesigns of video game characters. Mind to share which game? Or is it something you are working on, that is not released yet?

I'm just being a sarcastic douche, but it's from Super Mario Brothers. Thanks for the kind words!
(This one is Yoshi)

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Ignore the stupid right arm. I was doodling at work and the boss came 'round and I had to hastily scribble it.
Bowser:

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:50 PM Reply

This is a weird portrait of my friend. Don't ask how I know what his pubes look like.

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 04:21 PM Reply

I approve this thread.

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Dang, this is good stuff. I wouldn't mind seeing a mario game with these redesigns. Actually, I'd like to see a game with your art direction period.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 03:35 PM, WayofthePencil wrote: Bird Turtle

More like, Koopa Paratroopa, eh, EH?

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 03:50 PM, WayofthePencil wrote: This is a weird portrait of my friend. Don't ask how I know what his pubes look like.

I love your lines so much

oh god

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 05:37 PM Reply

I have a tablet. This is that hatchet guy that was cool a month ago.

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:34 AM Reply

Diversity is important. I'm tired of the hundreds of generic pretty-boy animu faces that kids draw these days. So here

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 08:55 AM Reply

There was something meaningful about this one, but I forgot.

HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 09:48 AM Reply

I really like your work...I hope to reach this level one day!! :)

Jesus Saves!!

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 10:36 AM Reply

Dammit! Why have I never thought of drawing across the pages! I allways struggle with the space in these small notebooks... I feel like such a noob :P You got some great stuff in this thread..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 10:47 AM Reply

I love your art :D My favourite is Yoshi<3

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

Agreeing with everybody. Your work is the best kind of ridiculous.

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 08:29 AM Reply

This is my favorite digital piece I've done.
I think its about Silent Hill

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 08:33 AM Reply

I was thinking to myself, about this fresh revitalization of feminism on the internet. I'm keen on that, but at the same time, it bugs me a little that in most contemporary artistic depictions of strong females, they are more often than not sporting the stereotypical short hair, buzz, mohawk, peircings etc.
I'm not saying those are wrong, its just that the REAL strong women in MY life (who are way more and hardcore than any of these fantasy ladies), have no need to go out of their way to LOOK like this, and STILL they get all the respect and love in the world from me and those around them. Just my two cents.

And then look what I went ahead and did, I kind of completely ignored what I just said when I drew this, ugh. Whatever, her armor is practical as hell.

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 08:35 AM Reply

I'm pissed at how the marker bled near the centrefold, ugh.

WayofthePencil
WayofthePencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 08:37 AM Reply

I actually only vaguely remember doing this one. It was like, 3 a.m. , and I was super tired.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 09:00 AM Reply

Some really sweet artwork in here. cant wait to see more

BBS Signature
TheFoxHarbinger
TheFoxHarbinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 12:59 PM Reply

I love the detail and shadows on every drawing. Really good, keep posting! I wnat more enjoyment for my eyes.
As someone said before, i also want to, one day, reach your level. For now, level 1 is ok.

Get yourself a life. Leave me alone.

Visual-Insanity
Visual-Insanity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Images by 2nd level imagionationist Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

Upon first glimpse at your sketches in your book i exclaimed, out load; 'Wow those look fucking awesome!' seriously amazing character designs right there man!