Be a Supporter!

Earthworm Jim creator a bigot?

  • 1,478 Views
  • 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:09 AM Reply

http://www.destructoid.com/earthworm-jim-creator-no-friend-t o-gay-people--202271.phtml

Well, guess I can't play Earthworm Jim anymore.
.
.
.
.
Nah, I'm still gonna play it.

I don't care.

malachi117
malachi117
  • Member since: May. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:19 AM Reply

Hopefully people don't let the opinions of one man no matter how ignorant they are stop them from playing same incredibly fun games.


360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3 - NarcolepticCat.

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 3/13/13 02:19 AM, malachi117 wrote: Hopefully people don't let the opinions of one man no matter how ignorant they are stop them from playing same incredibly fun games.

I gotta admit, comparing a gay marriage to taking a dump in the wrong bathroom is hilarious in it's offensiveness.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 09:38 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Here's the full conversation

That didn't make him sound any better.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 02:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 3/13/13 09:38 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Here's the full conversation
That didn't make him sound any better.

Indeed, still sounded like a omophobic cunt.

Such a shame since earthworm jim is fun. But then again can't say I am too surprised, the creator did seem to enjoy throwing fetishes of overly sexualised women around in the games. Typical sexist pig.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:27 PM Reply

I guess suddenly his game is un enjoyable. Funny how that works.

Shut up and play the game nobody gives a shit.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

It's the Orson Scott Card conundrum.

Is it okay to enjoy a person's work when you feel the creator is a bigot?

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 02:09 AM, Darthdenim wrote: http://www.destructoid.com/earthworm-jim-creator-no-friend-t o-gay-people--202271.phtml

Well, guess I can't play Earthworm Jim anymore.
.
.
.
.
Nah, I'm still gonna play it.

I don't care.

I agree. Why should I care?


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
LafyKid
LafyKid
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I didn't even like those games.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 06:41 PM Reply

Oh no, I'm so affected by the man behind the curtain.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 06:46 PM Reply

He's allowed to have his own opinion, if you don't like it than don't play his games. He has made Millions of dollars from Earth Worm Jim and doesn't need your support if you're easily offended by other people having different opinions then your own.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 06:46 PM, TheKlown wrote: He's allowed to have his own opinion, if you don't like it than don't play his games. He has made Millions of dollars from Earth Worm Jim and doesn't need your support if you're easily offended by other people having different opinions then your own.

I don't really care. I've knowingly enjoyed work by homophobic artists before. For example, Jan Axel Von Blomberg, AKA Hellhammer is a fantastic drummer who has been involved with several great music projects that I enjoy despite his unbelievable bigotry. But people like them could still do well to get with the times.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

Doug Tennapel has also written article for Andrew Breitbart's 'Big Hollywood" blog.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 11:09 PM Reply

Just because I disagree with his opinions, doesn't mean I'm not going to play the Earthworm Jim game again. There is no reason why there should be a protest of his game because of his opinions on gay marriage, especially since Earthworm Jim was released long ago, and it has no connections to the comments itself, aside from Doug Tennapel himself.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 11:45 PM Reply

Somehow I'm entirely unsurprised.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 01:29 AM Reply

I respect him for daring to publicly have that opinion. It's pretty stupid how easily people get offended by this shit, it's as if not being able to marry is the same as being put in concentration camps. People who are boycotting this guy aren't any less bigoted than he is.

ArthurGhostly
ArthurGhostly
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Animator
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 3/13/13 06:46 PM, TheKlown wrote: He's allowed to have his own opinion, if you don't like it than don't play his games.

That's stupid. Don't pay him attention but his work is unrelated to his own personal views.

I don't remember any part of Earthworm Jim where he had to prevent a gay marriage or convert non-believers to christianity...

Gaaarooovey!

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:13 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 01:29 AM, DeIirium wrote: I respect him for daring to publicly have that opinion. It's pretty stupid how easily people get offended by this shit, it's as if not being able to marry is the same as being put in concentration camps. People who are boycotting this guy aren't any less bigoted than he is.

"I respect that you can have your own opinion, but I will not support your work that is unrelated because your opinion isn't the same as mine" ?

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:54 AM Reply

If a homo turns to me and says, " I think your a fucking homopho because you think the idea of a man taking it up the ass is disgusting." Then I turn to said fairy and say, " Yes, I think that's disgusting, but how does this make me a Homopho?"

Which one of us is the bigot, actually what the hell does the word bigot mean. Irony, I'm sure I don't understand that word either.


I tried, later then.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

Lol I don't care, won't be trying the game soon either way.

He's still a massive cunt though, his argument is bad even compared to other anti-gay arguments.
"Being gay is wrong because people aren't supposed to be gay! Stop people from enjoying themselves even if it doesn't make any sense because that's how things have always been!"

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 3/14/13 10:54 AM, IGreenI wrote: If a homo turns to me and says, " I think your a fucking homopho because you think the idea of a man taking it up the ass is disgusting." Then I turn to said fairy and say, " Yes, I think that's disgusting, but how does this make me a Homopho?"

I could have sworn I read you express your attraction to a tranny that whipped out his/her erection in a pic someone posted.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 3/14/13 01:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
I could have sworn I read you express your attraction to a tranny that whipped out his/her erection in a pic someone posted.

Yeah but c'mon, did you see that guy?


I tried, later then.

HighWay
HighWay
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 02:51 PM Reply

I've never played Earthworm Jim, but as long as his views don't show up in his work, I don't really care if he's anti-gay and pro slavery.


The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 3/14/13 02:22 PM, IGreenI wrote:
At 3/14/13 01:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
I could have sworn I read you express your attraction to a tranny that whipped out his/her erection in a pic someone posted.
Yeah but c'mon, did you see that guy?

So, you like cock, but you draw the line at having one in your ass or putting yours in a guy's ass?


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 3/14/13 02:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: So, you like cock, but you draw the line at having one in your ass or putting yours in a guy's ass?

No, I don't like cock, but that guy was beautiful and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would disagree. What exactly does this have to do with my being disgusted with buttsex; you didn't think this through, did you?


I tried, later then.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 3/14/13 03:03 PM, IGreenI wrote: you didn't think this through, did you?

Honestly, I figured you weren't completely serious with all the "homo" and "fairy" talk.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
littlegonkyboy
littlegonkyboy
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

i've read other news about the fact that Earthworm Jim creator was a bigot, anti-gay guy but.. just because the creator it's like this doesn't mean that you don't have to like anymore the game.


Signature made by illicit, thank you!

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 04:52 PM, LafyKid wrote: I didn't even like those games.

Being honest neither did I, one play-through of each and I was already at my limits of tolerating Earthworm Jim.


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
FightItJD
FightItJD
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Earthworm Jim creator a bigot? Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 3/15/13 02:39 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Good to know that everyone here is content to bully, shun a man from society, or even ruin his career until he accepts your viewpoints.

Let's not discuss the issue like gentlemen, let's tarnish his reputation and boycott everything he makes until he is forced to convert.

Funnily enough, this is exactly the sort of or thug mentality that Doug was talking about:

"You realize this conversation is going to be used by your people to justify a permanent boycott of my work. They would probably use this argument to justify me not being able to visit anyone in any hospital while they're at it. THis argument isn't about laws and marriage, it's about cultural witch hunts."

Thanks for proving that part right.

It's not the fact that he expressed his opinion. That's fine. So be it, say what you will.

It's the ignorance of his opinion and how he stated it. If he didn't sound like such a prick, people probably wouldn't have cared as much.