• 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Silverspecks
Silverspecks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 09:12 PM Reply

Our physical bodies end up as fuel for lower life forms. If you're an organ donor, the needed parts are used to save lives. These are answers that I know.

Cybercity Newgrounds: A Cop's Tale
I wanna be an author someday.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Oh, sky cake.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Happygrounder
Happygrounder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Lucian-MK-IV
Lucian-MK-IV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

This is what happens - you appear in a black void and the only thing you see is a giant sign that says "RESPAWN IN..." plus a countdown. When it gets to zero you reincarnate as a random human/animal/whatever. If you're lucky you'll be the child of someone wealthy. If not you might just end up as a banana.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 08:34 PM Reply

heaven or hell

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

One way to find out!

Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 3/13/13 08:37 PM, T3XT wrote: One way to find out!

I concur.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 02:54 AM Reply

At 3/12/13 06:20 PM, notYert wrote: i'd rather end up in your hairy butthole

I'd shave for you, Yert. dw

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 04:11 AM Reply

I'm going to haunt the shit out of you when I die.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 05:50 AM Reply

I believe we end up in a coffin when we're dead, and if we have a soul/memory-based existential form of energy thriving within us, it'll either return to the force of nature, or manifest as a newborn, or just fade away like our rotting carcass.

thatkidkenji
thatkidkenji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 05:51 AM Reply

I think I'm going to turn into a tree

A textcee without boundaries.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 05:51 AM, thatkidkenji wrote: I think I'm going to turn into a tree

The secret to immortality. :)

Viper
Viper
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:28 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 04:11 AM, Phobotech wrote: I'm going to haunt the shit out of you when I die.

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:48 AM Reply

It's very simple actually.

You spend 9 months in a womb and you have no recollection. You can be in a coma for 3 years and it feels like a short nap.
If your brain is not working, you cannot experience the time passing by. It's just black emptiness. You don't care that you are dead, because you physically can't. You're not angry, happy, scared..etc

Your body stays where it is. That is your physical appearance, and it will be discarded however you or your family chooses.

Your brain stops functioning when you die. Your personality, your feelings, your ability to touch, see, and feel... all begin to deteriorate rapidly. If there was such a thing as hell, you wouldn't even know you were there.

The human brain is one amazing fucking beast.

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 09:56 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 09:48 AM, FrozenFire wrote: It's very simple actually.

Where does the voice come from? Be specific.

I tried, later then.

FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:02 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 09:56 AM, IGreenI wrote:

I would ask you to do the same seeing as I don't know what you're on about.

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 10:02 AM, FrozenFire wrote:

Well, your point was driven by logic and biology. So I'm just curious as to where you think our consciousness is located in our amazing fucking brain.

I tried, later then.

Gumbadillo
Gumbadillo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 10:05 AM, IGreenI wrote: Well, your point was driven by logic and biology. So I'm just curious as to where you think our consciousness is located in our amazing fucking brain.

The entirety of the human brain is there to support its on life.

In your example of "where does the voice come from" I'm going to assume the voice you have when you're thinking or reading. When reading "in your head" there are actually a multitude of sensory systems involved. The part of your auditory cortex that usually responds to speech also processes written words as if they were spoken. In other words, your brain is actually "hearing" your own voice when you're thinking.

BBS Signature
FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 10:05 AM, IGreenI wrote:
At 3/14/13 10:02 AM, FrozenFire wrote:
Well, your point was driven by logic and biology. So I'm just curious as to where you think our consciousness is located in our amazing fucking brain.

I was explaining death, not the consciousness of life.
If you want to discuss off topic send me a PM.

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 10:09 AM, Gumbadillo wrote: At 3/14/13 10:05 AM, Green 3:3 wrote:

No, I said consciousness. This isn't and argument for or against the existence of an afterlife, I just want to know where the voice comes from, is all.

I tried, later then.

Gumbadillo
Gumbadillo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 10:27 AM Reply

At 3/14/13 10:15 AM, IGreenI wrote: No, I said consciousness. This isn't and argument for or against the existence of an afterlife, I just want to know where the voice comes from, is all.

I think my explanation was clear, you may want to elaborate on the parts you didn't understand.

As for consciousness itself, scientists have not yet fully understood how the brain works, and this is one of the major questions left without an answer. On a purely technical level, what we know is thoughts are electrochemical patterns in your brain.

BBS Signature
3DPitDudez
3DPitDudez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 04:51 PM Reply

Holy shit a lot of responses O.o

The greatest gamer in this generation, with the skills of art and writing.

" My soul is covered with the cold mind, under the warm souls around a life I conquer." -3DPitDudez

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

One idea I've always thought was rather interesting is the Buddhist belief of rebirth. Buddhists also believe in anatman (or, 'not-self') i.e. the idea that there is no permanent self or that our 'selves' are mere delusions. This idea seems to directly contradict the idea of rebirth (if there is no such thing as a self, then what is it that will be reborn?); but if you do some research into rebirth itself, you'll find that these ideas do seem like they can co-exist with another.

Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.
Let's be friends. Send me a PM.

BBS Signature
3DPitDudez
3DPitDudez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 14th, 2013 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Thank you guys for your opinions :) They are really great and worth it *Thumbs up*

Where do we end up when we r dead?!

The greatest gamer in this generation, with the skills of art and writing.

" My soul is covered with the cold mind, under the warm souls around a life I conquer." -3DPitDudez

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

I'm an Omnist and I believe that faith dictates outcome.
If you believe that something will happen after you die, that's what happens.
If you believed you would rot in the ground, you will.

For agnostics, I believe that the outcome of their soul is dictated after death, but they don't have most of their human memories to guide them at all. Often, these individuals are reincarnated. Just as frequently, they're snatched by some god or demon.

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 03:01 PM Reply

Six feet underground or in an ornate vase.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Where do we end up when we r dead?! Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 03:14 PM Reply

phsically, a grave, no shit.

mentally, it's like being passed out, with no memory or thoughts or senses for a short while. except it lastsforever.

comment pls - plug.dj
sevkitty.com forum - last.fm
D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature