00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weed for anxioty

4,307 Views | 66 Replies

Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 15:59:39

Pros, Cons? I'm a teenager so I think it's pretty strange I haven't been smoking weed anyway. If I made this thread before then don't worry about it.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:02:32

he has anxioty
but not about spellin wrds

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:02:38

Weed gave me so much anxiety

so so much

there were other factors too but now I can't smoke it without freaking out which is such a shame because it was fine for so many years smoking so much

fuck my disposition

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:04:09

At 3/12/13 03:59 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Pros, Cons? I'm a teenager so I think it's pretty strange I haven't been smoking weed anyway. If I made this thread before then don't worry about it.

Why would it be weird to not smoke it lol? If you dont smoke it all the time its perfectly alright, but if you just want to smoke it to be like your peers then thats kinda sad.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:05:18

Kids need hugs not drugs

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:05:48

At 3/12/13 04:02 PM, Otto wrote: Weed gave me so much anxiety
there were other factors too but now I can't smoke it without freaking out which is such a shame because it was fine for so many years smoking so much

Story of my life right here. I used to smoke daily when I was a teenager. Then I started having responsibilities and had to cut back not only because I had other shit to do but because it started making my anxiety a thousand times worse.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:06:48

2 answer your ckqestioin,,, weed is like jesuses nipples and to smoke it is like to suck the milk out o his godly teats, you should smoke weed. if you get too many hang ups u from the high im sorry to inform yu stop being a bitch. just feel the swibblies on your soul dum dum!

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:07:38

A month or two ago I get a tiny, tiny bit drunk and very, very high. I had edibles, a joint and bong hits and I never do drugs. For the first bit my arm really hurt and I was isolated and I really want to hug my friends. I was very, very scared. Next bit was very funny. I was very funny, and loud.

I'm going to smoke with a friend in a tent for a day or so in a week. Gotta try something, this constant anxiety is hell on Earth and no body cares.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:10:24

At 3/12/13 04:04 PM, BumFodder wrote: if you just want to smoke it to be like your peers then thats kinda sad.

I never said that fella. I don't do anything to fit in with anybody. I said it was unusual for a teenager to be completely sober at all times. That's what I've heard. It doesn't mean I want to smoke to fit in. It means I want to smoke because I feel awful all the time.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:27:00

At 3/12/13 04:26 PM, Piggler wrote: Smoke weed until you don't like it anymore.

That's pretty much the only advice there is.

2::;; more adadv ice asdd-on package from bioss:

1nce u not longer lik eweed, get chrunk sonny !

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:27:11

At 3/12/13 03:59 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I'm a teenager so I think it's pretty strange I haven't been smoking weed anyway.

Dude I'm going to be 20 in less than a week and I've never so much as touched weed in my whole life.
I don't see how you not smoking it would be considered "weird".

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:29:16

At 3/12/13 04:27 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 3/12/13 03:59 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I'm a teenager so I think it's pretty strange I haven't been smoking weed anyway.
Dude I'm going to be 20 in less than a week and I've never so much as touched weed in my whole life.
I don't see how you not smoking it would be considered "weird".

u freaj

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:30:15

Meh, it's nothing special. You might like it if you try it, but I don't really find any appeal to it.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:30:37

At 3/12/13 04:07 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
A month or two ago I get a tiny, tiny bit drunk and very, very high. I had edibles, a joint and bong hits and I never do drugs. For the first bit my arm really hurt and I was isolated and I really want to hug my friends. I was very, very scared.

This is the shit that gave me anxiety. You can make anxiety fade into the background but everytime you smoke and this sort of shit happens you will bring it back again. I personally would advise against it. Try it if you want (and I think you will) but smoking does activate parts of your brain to abnormal levels, such as the appetite bit, and varying from person to person, the anxiety bit (to put it retardedly simply).

I can't smoke without drinking and I always regret it a bit after because I'm on edge for days, but it's just everywhere sadly

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:41:04

At 3/12/13 04:30 PM, Otto wrote: I can't smoke without drinking and I always regret it a bit after because I'm on edge for days, but it's just everywhere sadly

But I already suffer from anxiety? I'm not going to do nothing. I can understand the problems that can arise but if I can't enjoy life anyway than what's the point of not doing anything? This isn't like, I'm a little anxious because I have a test on Friday. I've been diagnosed with anxiety. I'm not going to suddenly remember something I have already when I smoke weed.

I do feel sorry for you, Otto though.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:44:59

At 3/12/13 04:41 PM, Ma1achi wrote: It affects people differently. It's not strange not to do it for your age. Have you even smoked before? Do you like the effects?

I have. I talked about it somewhere in this thread.

The real problem here is finding a way to support use of it. You need money and a reliable connect. There are ways around this by just smoking other people's weed but you'll have to be able to get in with people and make friends easily, which sounds like you have a hard time doing, no offense.

Nah, I have a friend who's a bit of a stoner.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:52:39

At 3/12/13 04:41 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 3/12/13 04:30 PM, Otto wrote: I can't smoke without drinking and I always regret it a bit after because I'm on edge for days, but it's just everywhere sadly
But I already suffer from anxiety? I'm not going to do nothing. I can understand the problems that can arise but if I can't enjoy life anyway than what's the point of not doing anything? This isn't like, I'm a little anxious because I have a test on Friday. I've been diagnosed with anxiety. I'm not going to suddenly remember something I have already when I smoke weed.

I do feel sorry for you, Otto though.

I understand that much man, I just don't know any anxious people who feel better from smoking it. I know a lot of people who smoke it, all sorts of people, and people who over think things and worry never improve from it. I know what sort of anxious you mean man; I was diagnosed with it aswell man, I had sessions every week for nearly a year until I turned 18 and was cut off - man I used to get like 2 hours of sleep a night with the light on because I sat up thinking every little niggle was me having a blood clot or a heart attack of a stroke and these sensations were real. My arms felt like they belonged to someone else, I lost my sense of balance, all sorts of weird shit. I'm sparked a bit by what you said with your arm, so please remember I'm not trying to one-up you, I'm just warning you. Good luck with whatever you do, anxiety is a cunt.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:57:26

At 3/12/13 04:52 PM, Otto wrote: Good luck with whatever you do, anxiety is a cunt.

That really sucks, Man. I guess I would just like to try more things in general. If weed doesn't help than I can put that thoiry to rest. For me my heart is constantly beating. Like, when you get really, really scared. And I'm always thinking about the future. Everything is really scary. Just thinking all the time, like you say. Music and philosophy helps. We shud chat more tho.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 16:57:39

At 3/12/13 04:52 PM, Otto wrote: I understand that much man, I just don't know any anxious people who feel better from smoking it.

Aye. I have pretty bad anxiety as well. Smoking herb only increases it and makes it worse, but I still smoke on occasion because I still find its overall effects to be worth it. But I still wouldn't recommend a teenager with anxiety to start smoking, as I am sure that it was my habit of smoking daily that has turned me into the anxious little fuck I am today.

Good luck with whatever you do, anxiety is a cunt.

Amen.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 17:00:14

At 3/12/13 04:57 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 3/12/13 04:52 PM, Otto wrote: Good luck with whatever you do, anxiety is a cunt.
That really sucks, Man. I guess I would just like to try more things in general. If weed doesn't help than I can put that thoiry to rest. For me my heart is constantly beating. Like, when you get really, really scared. And I'm always thinking about the future. Everything is really scary. Just thinking all the time, like you say. Music and philosophy helps. We shud chat more tho.

That was one of the things I always hated, my heart racing loads after a smoke. You can't avoid it, and I just couldn't talk to people until I felt it slowing down (and not in a chugging way, that was even scarier). Chill music helped. But yeah man, I'm on the other side of it now, and I feel like I've beaten it. It took a long time, and it took a lot of abstinence (not completely), but anxiety can be made to fade. If you ever wanna talk about it hit me up with a PM and I'd be happy to do what I can. The best way to think about the future is to do it all in one go, make a plan, then take it day-by-day. Shit's so much easier day-by-day, really really is.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 17:03:29

At 3/12/13 05:00 PM, Otto wrote: Shit's so much easier day-by-day, really really is.

I do try but it's hard to think like that a lot of the time. PM is horrible. Skype is the way 2 go. Last.fm if you want some chill music.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 17:08:38

At 3/12/13 05:03 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 3/12/13 05:00 PM, Otto wrote: Shit's so much easier day-by-day, really really is.
I do try but it's hard to think like that a lot of the time. PM is horrible. Skype is the way 2 go. Last.fm if you want some chill music.

It's all about habit forming though, that's what the women who did sessions with me said every week. She was brilliant actually, it wasn't cold clip-board stuff or anything, so I know I'm really lucky to have had that else I'd be still really fucked. She was wise to it; she'd tried every drug under the sun, but had medical knowlege and anecdotal and all. I might preach her words too much but she's not done me wrong yet. So form some positive habits, I'd say, saying Claire's word. Go for a big walk in a calm place a few times a week, or do a couple push ups before you get into the shower every night (or morning). Small things like that honestly changed my life.

it sounds really gay when I write it down lol but still it's what happened ;(

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 18:11:07

I have anxiety and it's gotten A LOT better over the years. Just practice talking real slow and not caring about things so much, and most importantly just be proud of your own personal character (whether you want to shape a new one or not might be a good idea if you hate yourself).

You don't need drugs to calm your anxiety, in fact it'll probably just make it worse in the long run. Don't be a weak person. Believe in yourself.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 18:21:16

At 3/12/13 06:11 PM, mothballs wrote: I have anxiety and it's gotten A LOT better over the years. Just practice talking real slow and not caring about things so much, and most importantly just be proud of your own personal character (whether you want to shape a new one or not might be a good idea if you hate yourself).

You don't need drugs to calm your anxiety, in fact it'll probably just make it worse in the long run. Don't be a weak person. Believe in yourself.

Interesting thread, I too get anxiety, but only when out in public. I tend to worry about my words, and get paranoia. Like "everyone's looking at me"

So, now I use it less. Mostly after work and a couple of beers. With my friends, and a small group though. Everything is just fine, fwi I started smoking at 13

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 19:34:12

cannabis mariwana is a powerful xiolytic that makes the weird get weirder

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:19:56

At 3/12/13 04:52 PM, Otto wrote:
At 3/12/13 04:41 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 3/12/13 04:30 PM, Otto wrote:

I understand that much man, I just don't know any anxious people who feel better from smoking it. I know a lot of people who smoke it, all sorts of people, and people who over think things and worry never improve from it. I know what sort of anxious you mean man; I was diagnosed with it aswell man, I had sessions every week for nearly a year until I turned 18 and was cut off - man I used to get like 2 hours of sleep a night with the light on because I sat up thinking every little niggle was me having a blood clot or a heart attack of a stroke and these sensations were real. My arms felt like they belonged to someone else, I lost my sense of balance, all sorts of weird shit. I'm sparked a bit by what you said with your arm, so please remember I'm not trying to one-up you, I'm just warning you. Good luck with whatever you do, anxiety is a cunt.

Dude that sucks. I'm sorry you have had to experience that. Reading that: I honestly can't see pot "helping" cleanse any of those feelings...
Like the effects are marijuana may be pretty inconsistent. There is probably a large chance smoking will only heighten the intensity of the anxiety.

Take it from me... I'm pretty stoned right now.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:28:35

At 3/12/13 05:08 PM, Otto wrote: it sounds really gay when I write it down lol but still it's what happened ;(

100% respect toward Otto for his words of wisdom.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:37:20

At 3/12/13 03:59 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Pros, Cons? I'm a teenager so I think it's pretty strange I haven't been smoking weed anyway. If I made this thread before then don't worry about it.

Mushrooms are a cure all, and though pot has many benefits it's still just a weed. You really wanna trust you psyche to something that grows everywhere? No thank you.

I tried, later then.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:44:50

A reminder to stoners that they are responsible for raised crime rates.

Weed for anxioty

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:45:52

Weed is the only thing that really helps my anxiety. It makes me better at everything as a result too. This won't be the same for everyone, obviously, but it's great for me. Gotta be careful though with street weed. So much weed is laced with synthetic cannabinoids now days that you'd never believe it, and THAT will destroy your mind and body. I'm so fucked from that shit, it's actually the main cause of my anxiety in the first place. Take that for what you will.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature