00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Some sketch book photos

921 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 16:24:37

Hi there!

I'm new and so I new here, so I need to post something. Here are some photos of some of my sketchbook stuff.

Me: I always drew as a kid but in the last month I began watching YouTube tutorials and doing proper drawing. I started with smurfs and moved on to figure drawing after week or so.

Hope you enjoy!

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 16:27:08

Smurf

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 16:28:51

Great owl

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 16:43:00

Thinking

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 17:02:15

Male

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 17:04:08

Flip

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 17:06:24

Bad day

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 17:37:55

Female

Some sketch book photos

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-10 20:22:40

Man, invest in a tablet :P Much funnier to use and for practice too! I don't really like giving out my feedback because people take it personal while I don't mean to do that. In my opinion though these are just rough sketches, rough work before the final piece is finished. I would love to see finished projects of yours :P I can't really give advice on rough outlines :)

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-11 13:08:20

At 3/10/13 08:22 PM, Axonn94 wrote: Man, invest in a tablet :P Much funnier to use and for practice too! I don't really like giving out my feedback because people take it personal while I don't mean to do that. In my opinion though these are just rough sketches, rough work before the final piece is finished. I would love to see finished projects of yours :P I can't really give advice on rough outlines :)

I decided to pick up drawing again because it is cheap (pencil and paper) and I can do it anywhere. I've only been drawing for a month. Not too interested in a tablet right now. Would that make me "retro"? lol

These aren't "rough work before a final piece". They are practice pieces. My drawing isn't nearly up to where I would bother taking the time to ink and colour. Well... maybe for the smurfs! After about a billion more drawings I'll worry about finished projects. Most likely I'll trace them into the vector animation program I use. I really just want to get convincing figures that have some sense of life.

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-11 14:03:00

Hey! I like seeing all these figure sketches. The male ones in particular are looking very good. That last one looks a little crazy, but it seems like you were having fun there. Where do you go to do your figure sketches? I use Posespace.com myself. It has a nearly endless gallery of different poses and body types and it's free! (Unless you want to download the images, but they're shown large enough on the site).

I like the great owl as well, good personality in it.

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-11 20:48:02

At 3/11/13 02:03 PM, gayhobbit wrote: Hey! I like seeing all these figure sketches. The male ones in particular are looking very good. That last one looks a little crazy, but it seems like you were having fun there. Where do you go to do your figure sketches? I use Posespace.com myself. It has a nearly endless gallery of different poses and body types and it's free! (Unless you want to download the images, but they're shown large enough on the site).

I like the great owl as well, good personality in it.

Do you know "Secret of Nimb"? Best cartoon ever.

Where do I go to do my figure sketches? To starbucks! lol. I draw them out of my head.

From the look of this site I don't think people even use pencils anymore!

For the last one I hope you mean "crazy" as in stylized and not as in incoherent :)

My favourite thing out of all of them is the little line I used for the toes on the lifted foot of the thinking woman. I just like it.

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-11 21:03:28

some people still use pencils and I wouldn't advise you to get a tablet unless you really want to get into digital art - traditional media are just fine. I've never really learned to use a pencil properly, just dove right into the tablet, but from what I've heard it's much easier to translate pencil-skills to the tablet than it is the other way around. Making poses up is fine, but if you're already sitting in a coffeeshop; you might as well try drawing some of the people there. Their poses might not be as spectacular, but having the real thing there should make it a great exercise.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Some sketch book photos 2013-03-13 19:29:40

At 3/11/13 09:03 PM, J-qb wrote: some people still use pencils and I wouldn't advise you to get a tablet unless you really want to get into digital art - traditional media are just fine. I've never really learned to use a pencil properly, just dove right into the tablet, but from what I've heard it's much easier to translate pencil-skills to the tablet than it is the other way around. Making poses up is fine, but if you're already sitting in a coffeeshop; you might as well try drawing some of the people there. Their poses might not be as spectacular, but having the real thing there should make it a great exercise.

I like the finite nature of an actual physical drawing. As in there is only one. And the different textures graphite gives.

As for digital art, I can trace characters into an animating program quite easily.

I'll do some sketches of people drinking coffee. Good facial reference.