00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!!

16,299 Views | 188 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-18 00:27:56

painfully struggling to draw women....

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-18 00:29:11

more women....

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-18 06:37:47

work in progress..attempting to test my new found skills and knowledge.....

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-23 01:55:51

study of the faces and the eyes and the eyes of the faces...and things

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-23 01:57:13

At 10/23/14 01:55 AM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote: study of the faces and the eyes and the eyes of the faces...and things

oops....

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-23 03:42:10

At 10/23/14 01:57 AM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote:
At 10/23/14 01:55 AM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote: study of the faces and the eyes and the eyes of the faces...and things
oops....

Haha! These are amazing.
I wish I could be this good when doodling in boredom.

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-10-30 17:04:11

WARNING THIS LINK IS NSFW... Real Time Figure Poses this was fun but really short...

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-12 02:55:23

Sorry for the non- art related post but for those that have digital tablets..check out this nifty freeto download ellipse drawing trainer tool.

Drawing Trainer Tool.

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-12 11:10:13

At 11/12/14 02:55 AM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote: Sorry for the non- art related post but for those that have digital tablets..check out this nifty freeto download ellipse drawing trainer tool.

Drawing Trainer Tool.

Cool trainer. Thank you.
Also some of your sketches are very good.

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-12 11:55:10

At 11/12/14 11:10 AM, Netforza wrote:
At 11/12/14 02:55 AM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote: Sorry for the non- art related post but for those that have digital tablets..check out this nifty free to download ellipse drawing trainer tool.

Drawing Trainer Tool.
Cool trainer. Thank you.
Also some of your sketches are very good.

Thanks!! I need to add more to this thread but haven't been drawing as much as I should!

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-14 12:08:07

heres a wip...i need advise please!!!

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-15 03:24:32

This is from another project....just uploading it because i'm pleased with the results.

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-16 14:41:43

WIP...hell yeah son!!

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-16 15:36:11

At 11/16/14 02:41 PM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote: WIP...hell yeah son!!

Looking good. I'd say it has improved since the sketch. A couple things though: Her boobs are kind of far apart, her left hip juts out a bit more in your reference than your drawing, and her right leg looks like it comes forward a bit more instead of being more in line with her torso.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-16 16:41:02

Armor is designed in such a way that the planes are facing away from the body. This is so that swords or projectiles or whatever get deflected instead of absorbed. I'm mostly referring to the boob armor here!

Looks like you already know movable parts of the body needs to maintain their functionality, at least for the upper body. The parts on her knees seems to be one piece? Maybe it's a different material or something? Although movement in the torso-pelvis area is important, it's also generally vital (heh) to offer some protection for the vital organs! What's the point in covering the feet if the guy's just gonna gut you, right? - Remember to do proper research when doing designs! Really get deep into why things look like they do, what parts can be stylized and what parts need to be intact!

The form of the face is also a bit icky I think. The jaw seems very lean, the cranium seems wide, and the transition between hair and forehead makes the hair look a bit like a wig! Loomis has some books on the subject, George Bridgmans "Constructive anatomy" goes into constructing heads in perspective using the cube as a base. Michael Hamptons "Figure drawing - Design and invention" goes deep into a gestural approach to drawing the figure and has a chapter on constructing heads as well!

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-17 02:06:42

At 11/16/14 04:41 PM, Havegum wrote:
Armor is designed in such a way that the planes are facing away from the body. This is so that swords or projectiles or whatever get deflected instead of absorbed. I'm mostly referring to the boob armor here!

Looks like you already know movable parts of the body needs to maintain their functionality, at least for the upper body. The parts on her knees seems to be one piece? Maybe it's a different material or something? Although movement in the torso-pelvis area is important, it's also generally vital (heh) to offer some protection for the vital organs! What's the point in covering the feet if the guy's just gonna gut you, right? - Remember to do proper research when doing designs! Really get deep into why things look like they do, what parts can be stylized and what parts need to be intact!

The form of the face is also a bit icky I think. The jaw seems very lean, the cranium seems wide, and the transition between hair and forehead makes the hair look a bit like a wig! Loomis has some books on the subject, George Bridgmans "Constructive anatomy" goes into constructing heads in perspective using the cube as a base. Michael Hamptons "Figure drawing - Design and invention" goes deep into a gestural approach to drawing the figure and has a chapter on constructing heads as well!

I'll definitely keep that in mind, I never really thought about studying the "why" behind armor design. As far as the head goes I'm pleased with what I've done but taking another look...my character kind of looks like some kind of a hybrid human alien in the face. I still have ways to go when studying anatomy in general. As far as those books go, I have all of those books, my issue is trying to decide what technique I'd like to permanently practice so I can rely solely on that specific construction type. I'm a fan of the anatomy construction methods by Michael Hampton, George Brigman, and Glenn Vilppu. But don't really put them into practice. The one I used for this picture was from DrawingTutorialsOnline.com...free videos i was sent via email that teach how to draw the figure from memory.
--------------------------------------------------------

At 11/16/14 03:36 PM, Sockembop wrote:
Looking good. I'd say it has improved since the sketch. A couple things though: Her boobs are kind of far apart, her left hip juts out a bit more in your reference than your drawing, and her right leg looks like it comes forward a bit more instead of being more in line with her torso.

I'm aware of the inaccuracies but my initial sketch was EXTREMELY stiff when I drew on paper. When I put the reference right next to my drawing I tried my best to exaggerate the pose a lot more. I'll be more mindful the next time i create a piece.
-------------------------------------
I'd like to thank both of you guys for the awesome critiques. Normally when I request a critique I don't get a response but with this I wasn't even thinking about it. I'm glad it caught your eye long enough for you to say something about the picture. I'm trying to grow as an artist and really get out of my comfort zone. I've been somewhat weary of showing my "shoddy" female drawings to the public. At least the completed one's, I don't mind showing sketches because that normally look incomplete and unrefined.

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-18 02:38:46

While viewing sketchbook videos from DrawingTutorialsOnline via Youtube. I noticed that some of the students had a unique sketchbook cover...i thought that was cool and created my own unique sketchbook cover...it consists of others artwork primarily on deviantart.com...due to the vast amount of amazing artists on deviantart and my retardedly long list of favorites... I couldn't tell you exactly who the artists are. Only ones I know are Feng Zhu, Scott Robertson, and theChamba.

During this project i learned to think about composition during the initial design...and sometimes you need to think even MORE about design.

For Example:
Due to the amount pictures VS amount of colors... I had to use two colors twice...surprisingly enough those colors touch in my composition. which isn't bad but if more thought was put into the design i could've avoided it.

Also learned how interesting "overlap"really is...
While doing the project I was coming up with other neat art ideas i can try later....
my sketchbook now has some life to it...and it's nice to look at.
The Only thing I didn't add ("Due to running out of tape lol") is my name.
But anyways just figured I'd share this little venture...and I look forward to doing the inside cover and maybe the back of the sketchbook as well.

Side Note-"Doing a check for incomplete html tags, is very creative...thanks NG!! "

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-11-21 01:02:06

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-12-02 07:13:43

i got a new pen brush yesterday and this is what i did.....i really like this pen but its extremely unforgiving...every line counts and i don't have the option to layer /add lines because that makes things worst lol

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-12-03 06:22:05

Sup Newgrounds, 21 days ago... I challenged myself to "draw everyday for at least 30mins" up until now...i completed the challenge, didn't miss any days and this is my final picture. Thanks to the "Design Your Habits Class" on Skillshare dot com. I created a plan from start to finish and stuck with it. Anyways....
---------------------------------------
What I learned from this drawing is to always make decisions about everything. I had to have a strong idea of what my final lines would be during the sketch phase before inking. I chose to not correct details and to not add other details, etc. With drawing in general throw "perfection" out the window. Don't get attached to any drawing. I didn't take this drawing too seriously but as I was inking the picture I was kind of starting to get paranoid about my hand being all over the paper...but then I reminded myself this drawing is just practice so the outcome/quality doesn't matter. Also experimented with line weight using my pen brush..my line control is horrible..... I may color this piece in the future via photoshop...

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-12-03 06:32:22

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2014-12-13 08:13:05

SO...uhhhh I'm currently on like an art binge or something...been watching jazza's tutorials and ACTUALLY PUTTING THE LESSONS INTO ACTION.....having fun as I go...i initially started with head angles because I hate how i start to draw heads and needed some foundation...i'm learning that facial expressions are very important.....so far ive done head angles, hair, facial hair, and expressions...anyways heres a snippet of what I've done.....

Jesus Saves!!

Stuff and things...tried to upload pic from my phone and it uploaded upside down. Im not sure why!...fixed!

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2018-02-17 21:32:19

.. ... .stuff and things

Jesus Saves!!

Back from the dead. Looking to learn and grow as an artist.

Jesus Saves!!

Spider Pool

Jesus Saves!!

Response to My Art Thread Of Boredom At Work!! 2018-09-01 10:30:49

Fish Fish Fish

Jesus Saves!!

Followed tutorial on Youtube.

Jesus Saves!!