New Topic Respond to this Topic
FlipFlopster
FlipFlopster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Saints Row 2013-03-08 04:50:49 Reply

ITT we discuss the Saints Row games and which one is better and why.

Soo, which Saints Row game satisfies you the most?

Saints Row

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-08 05:10:13 Reply

I've only played 3 and, to be honest, it really bored the shit out of me.

I hear the first two aren't much better.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
FlipFlopster
FlipFlopster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-08 05:19:08 Reply

At 3/8/13 05:10 AM, HighWay wrote: I've only played 3 and, to be honest, it really bored the shit out of me.

I hear the first two aren't much better.

Yeah, the third game was a bit disappointing due to the fact that they removed a bunch of cool shit from the first two games and what not, but I do recommend you trying out the second game, it might change your mind.

FlipFlopster
FlipFlopster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-08 15:58:05 Reply

Dumb

Saints Row

killer32
killer32
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-08 16:12:59 Reply

never played 1, 2 was awesome, 3 was a steaming buffalo turd.

"It makes me feel powerful when I say something so dumb that it halts discussion." - Jester

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-08 17:03:42 Reply

Had a lot more fun with Saints Row 2. I really enjoyed The Third, but I just didn't think it was as good as Saints Row 2 - despite all of its improvements, it also took away much of what made me love SR2.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 14:20:57 Reply

Saints Row has a lot of outfits. A lot.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 14:32:36 Reply

I had a lot of fun with Saints Row: The Third, honestly. I can't say I've played the other two, but from what I've heard they were pretty shitty anyway.

MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 14:41:09 Reply

Everyone seems to say the third sucked, but I played it coop all the way through and had a blast with my friend. :/

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 16:42:51 Reply

3 and 2 are both fun.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 22:24:23 Reply

The second one was the best. It had a good mix of realism and goofiness to it, while the third one they ditched any seriousness for MOAR WACKY! I think Saints row 2 is funnier because of the serious parts being mixed with the silly stuff like driving a truck that shot feces all over. It was more customizable too. In 2 you could customize right down to the angle you wore your hat. Things are much more limited in 3, although there's still a decent selection. I had a blast with both games, but 2 just stands out more to me while 3 was trying a bit too hard with the giant dildo and whatnot. Although what 3 definitely has over 2 is that russian voice for the player. That is one awesome voice I wish I could have in 2 instead of all the generic gangsta' voices plus one cockney voice

Gamertag: Catspirit123
home forum

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 22:38:19 Reply

3 was honestly fine, I think people are just upset Gat died.

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-09 22:52:55 Reply

I thought 1 was pretty fun, 2 was amazing, and 3 was enjoyable, but started to show signs of going downhill.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-10 22:31:35 Reply

Like most people have already said I enjoyed the first, the second was my favorite, and the third I found to be enjoyable but a disappointment compared to the second. I understand that Saints Row was never completely story oriented like say GTA or "Red Dead" but I think The Third went a bit over the top with just wanting goofy shit to throw in there. The second one had a decent mix of serious and funny and I was able to take The Protagonist more seriously. Now that's not to say that the The Third isn't worth playing, on its own its still rather fun, running around with a giant purple dildo and beating people to death with it never got old (at least for me) and even though I haven't bought the DLC for it yet the Shark-o-Matic weapon looks like it could entertain me for hours.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-11 00:58:04 Reply

The second honestly, and I'll tell you why in comparison with the third.

The second, had many factions you could choose to fight against at any time, not like in Sr3, where you could only go a certain route at a time, even though you technically do have the choice, it's very limited and you would have to do another mission to complete a faction mission for another etc, it ran on and over all was really annoying to deal with.

Another thing that really bothered me, in the second You had the option to use and enable cheats, but the third had the same idea as the second, however, if you upgraded in the 3rd, you eventually became this over powered/invincible fuck, in which it was nearly impossible to fucking die, at least in the second you had the option to go invincible with cheats, but the thing with 3 that irked me the most, you never had the option to shut them off either.

Number 3, In the 2nd saints row, they had the forgive and forget drive throughs, in three they didn't exist and nearly every infraction under the sun would have half the steelport police force on your ass.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
TacoBell-Lord
TacoBell-Lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-11 01:57:59 Reply

Saints Row 1 is where the series seem like a GTA IV clone but 2 is where the team really did their own thing. Saints Row 3 is very limited but a good 30min time waster...it beats beating off, so yea 3 isn't all that bad

Searching for naughty things in 16bit RPGs

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-11 10:28:57 Reply

At 3/9/13 10:38 PM, Ceratisa wrote: 3 was honestly fine, I think people are just upset Gat died.

word. The Third rocked.

BBS Signature
MonoBro
MonoBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-11 20:47:41 Reply

Having played two and three, "The Third" was my favorite from the series. Two was fun, but the missions were pretty annoying and many of them were glitchy thanks to the poor PC port. The biggest problem I had with two was that the missions were horribly designed - all of them took too long, were repetitive, and were either incredibly easy (the poo cannon), or unfairly difficult (insurance fraud - disappearing cars + mandatory button press to get points). More so, two required you play a certain amount of missions before you could continue with the main story. Three took out many of the missions I didn't care for, made them shorter, and slightly improved them. They were still obnoxious and boring, but they weren't as boring. Story wise, 2 was superior for its more serious tone and balance of wackiness. Having said that, two and three are just as wacky, three just never takes itself seriously. Two on the other hand does, hence more people tend to think it is a more serious game. If you have to choose between the two, I would recommend three. Don't bother with the DLC though as most of them are short and they add terrible side missions (Professor Genki's Sad Panda Skyblazing).

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-11 23:54:29 Reply

The first game was fun in its own right, but it did have a fair share of bugs in the game that screwed with the game, which many of them were fixed in SR2. Easily, Saint's Row 2 is the best game of the series by far, and one of my favorite games of all-time, considering how much you can do within the game, and the customization of your character, crib and even cars are virtually limitless.

As for The Third, I enjoyed it pretty well, but it did take a lot of things from the other 2 games out, such as repeating story missions and having a much more linear storyline. Plus, the overall silliness of the game tend to turn off some gamers for whatever reason, and while it was certainly more over-the-top than SR2, the gap between those games isn't really that wide once you get down to brass tacks.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
sharpnova
sharpnova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-12 05:06:32 Reply

*laughs hard*

saints row the third was one of the most epic and fun games ever.

i didn't play the 1st and 2nd

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-12 05:47:18 Reply

I remember enjoying the 1rst one the most, ashame they didn't make that one for pc. My shitbox 360 died, both of them and haven't played it since.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-12 16:38:23 Reply

At 3/9/13 10:38 PM, Ceratisa wrote: 3 was honestly fine, I think people are just upset Gat died.

I'll post my mini review that I wrote a while ago:

I feel quite conflicted about it. I was disappointed with The Third - story wasn't as good and they took a lot of things out for DLC (this was actually proven by a video leaked from Gamescom three months before the game came out).

They killed the best character from the series in the first 10 minutes and completely changed Shaundi - she was way better as a badass stoner, now she's just a complete bitch and she barely does anything.

It didn't even follow on from 2 properly - Dex didn't appear in The Third at all, even though the Saints should have been after him. This would have been fine since there's a 5 year gap between 2 and 3, but he didn't even get a mention. The story was far too short, even after they'd padded it out with missions that were just the first levels of activities (which is just lazy I think).

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, as I did spent 50 hours on it - some of the missions were great, (such as the first two, tank skydiving and deckers.die), the graphics were a massive improvement, plus clothes and hair are animated and don't just look plastic. Also the characters were great - Oleg and Kinzie are funny. The gangs were also awesome, especially the Deckers and the STAG technology was fun.

Basically, I feel that they added a lot but also took away bits that made 2 really fun. 2 has a better map, clothes customisation and story. The Third has better graphics, gangs, vehicles and characters (though they got rid of Gat and made Shaundi less funny and more bitchy).

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-12 16:57:52 Reply

never played it, though I've heard it's a good game...

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 00:09:13 Reply

Apparently, Saints Row 4 is official. From what I've read, it just might be set to release this summer or fall.

BBS Signature
bstrong7890
bstrong7890
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 00:37:01 Reply

While I have enjoyed all three of them I consider Saints Row 2 to be my favorite.

MonoBro
MonoBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 01:51:31 Reply

At 3/12/13 04:38 PM, dogpup4 wrote: They killed the best character from the series in the first 10 minutes and completely changed Shaundi - she was way better as a badass stoner, now she's just a complete bitch and she barely does anything.

I actually preferred Shaundi from The Third. The loose, stoner chick type has been done quite a few times, albeit more often done with a male. Having played SR3 first then two, I was a bit disappointed that she was so underdeveloped and was instead relegated to being a stock stereotype in SR2. She took things seriously when Gat died in three - one of the only characters in the game that was affected by his death. I felt she had a few more layers to her character in SR3.

Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 02:04:38 Reply

I wanted to play Saints Row 2 for a while, then eventually got it on the pc. HOOOOO boy was that a mistake.

Saints Row the Third was fun on pc though. Immature and silly, but fun.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 02:05:12 Reply

I liked Saints Row 3, but every cool item was just spoonfed to you and it was really underwhelming. I can't find a copy of 2 or 1 anywhere, so I may never play it.

BBS Signature
BANGsquared
BANGsquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 13:21:43 Reply

Personally, I enjoyed the second one the most. I haven't tried the third one, but judging by most people's reactions, it's meh, at best.

// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Saints Row 2013-03-14 13:38:38 Reply

At 3/14/13 01:21 PM, BANGsquared wrote: I haven't tried the third one, but judging by most people's reactions, it's meh, at best.

It's a lot of fun.

BBS Signature