00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does anyone notice the Audio Portal

2,093 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Turned 10 years old around last month? It just hit me yesterday and I don't see any threads about it so....we are a bit late but still I think this thread is worth making.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-07 23:50:18

At 3/7/13 07:01 PM, Wegra wrote: Turned 10 years old around last month? It just hit me yesterday and I don't see any threads about it so....we are a bit late but still I think this thread is worth making.

Wow. That is hard to believe! Seems like it was yesterday. I wish there was a way we could commemorate the occasion.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 00:16:29

At 3/7/13 11:50 PM, frootza wrote:
Wow. That is hard to believe! Seems like it was yesterday. I wish there was a way we could commemorate the occasion.

Write a song about it?

quarl BandCamp

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 00:52:44

happy birthday audio portal!

Does anyone notice the Audio Portal

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 02:44:38

At 3/8/13 12:16 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/7/13 11:50 PM, frootza wrote:
Write a song about it?

Why didn't I think of that... I guess I could! But it might have been more appropriate if we had a bunch of artists write a piece. I wonder if there is a way to pitch an idea like this to the mods or something.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 03:58:55

At 3/8/13 02:44 AM, frootza wrote: Why didn't I think of that... I guess I could! But it might have been more appropriate if we had a bunch of artists write a piece. I wonder if there is a way to pitch an idea like this to the mods or something.

Naw we should all go remix popular Newgrounds songs to commemorate the occasion. Well, at least whoever has time to do it.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 04:14:18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE ON THE AUDIO PORTAL

SUCK MY KICK

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 12:13:51

At 3/8/13 03:58 AM, Step wrote:
At 3/8/13 02:44 AM, frootza wrote: Why didn't I think of that... I guess I could! But it might have been more appropriate if we had a bunch of artists write a piece. I wonder if there is a way to pitch an idea like this to the mods or something.
Naw we should all go remix popular Newgrounds songs to commemorate the occasion. Well, at least whoever has time to do it.

That's the spirit. I wouldn't want to go at something like this alone.

What was the very first newgrounds song ever to hit the audio portal? Maybe we should all remix that one even if it sucked. I don't think the portal deserves to hear more Chaoz Fantasy remixes. Not saying it wasn't a killer tune, because it totally was. Its just that there's already a zadillion entries.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-08 13:11:38

At 3/8/13 12:13 PM, frootza wrote: What was the very first newgrounds song ever to hit the audio portal?

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-16 03:13:07

Sooo should we like organize some sort of event for this or just let it pass?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-16 10:52:53

At 3/16/13 03:13 AM, Wegra wrote: Sooo should we like organize some sort of event for this or just let it pass?

I don't know if we should let it pass. I mean, it's been 10 years after all.

I make music. That's about it really. Check me out? :D

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-16 15:05:00

At 3/16/13 10:52 AM, JustCoffee wrote:
At 3/16/13 03:13 AM, Wegra wrote: Sooo should we like organize some sort of event for this or just let it pass?
I don't know if we should let it pass. I mean, it's been 10 years after all.

I've been toying with the idea of making a Newgrounds remix competition to commemorate the occasion, where all submissions have to be remixes of existing Newgrounds songs.

I'd need judges, a sig artist, a logo artist and verification with Tom regarding official NG support though. And I'd need some free time to organise it and judge... so I don't know if that will happen. But hey, just an idea.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-16 16:40:43

At 3/16/13 03:05 PM, Step wrote:

I'd need judges, a sig artist, a logo artist and verification with Tom regarding official NG support though. And I'd need some free time to organise it and judge... so I don't know if that will happen. But hey, just an idea.

Oooh I smell potential. I hope I get credited for this idea hahaha! ;)

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-16 20:33:36

At 3/16/13 03:05 PM, Step wrote: I've been toying with the idea of making a Newgrounds remix competition to commemorate the occasion, where all submissions have to be remixes of existing Newgrounds songs.

If you decide to do this you have a judge.

Granted I'm working on setting up "it", but still.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-17 01:51:49

At 3/16/13 03:05 PM, Step wrote:
I've been toying with the idea of making a Newgrounds remix competition to commemorate the occasion, where all submissions have to be remixes of existing Newgrounds songs.

Sounds good. But I'm guessing it'll take time and well, the date has passed. So, idk. Maybe?

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-17 05:55:34

At 3/16/13 04:40 PM, Wegra wrote: Oooh I smell potential. I hope I get credited for this idea hahaha! ;)

Yes, of course.

I think an NAC was made in the past that was a remix competition like this one, if I'm not mistaken. But hey, won't hurt to do another one!

At 3/16/13 08:33 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: If you decide to do this you have a judge.

Granted I'm working on setting up "it", but still.

Awesome. Yeah I don't think this will be a big competition if it's done. Maybe 3 weeks of a deadline, 4 judges, and one store credit prize for first place (along with sigs/frontpages and all that good stuff).

At 3/17/13 01:51 AM, JustCoffee wrote: Sounds good. But I'm guessing it'll take time and well, the date has passed. So, idk. Maybe?

It will indeed take time, although I don't think it's too much of a problem that the date has passed. I'll think about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-17 10:20:11

At 3/17/13 05:55 AM, Step wrote:

It will indeed take time, although I don't think it's too much of a problem that the date has passed. I'll think about it.

I like your Irish Dance track btw. Got me thinking of making a hardstyle feel for it. Never tried hardstyle before though.

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-17 11:03:11

At 3/17/13 10:20 AM, JustCoffee wrote: I like your Irish Dance track btw. Got me thinking of making a hardstyle feel for it. Never tried hardstyle before though.

Thanks but that's not my track.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-17 12:58:18

At 3/17/13 11:03 AM, Step wrote:
At 3/17/13 10:20 AM, JustCoffee wrote: I like your Irish Dance track btw. Got me thinking of making a hardstyle feel for it. Never tried hardstyle before though.
Thanks but that's not my track.

/checks
Wow I feel stupid. XD

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-17 18:53:56

At 3/17/13 04:48 PM, Elitistinen wrote: I miss the dancing robot at the AP frontpage...
Although I signed up late, I had been on NG for game and music a while.

Yeah that shit needs to make a comeback.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-03-18 02:13:31

Sure we do!

Ragnarok Online's been around for 10 years, though I can't say I recall seeing anywhere Gravity/Lee Myoung-Jin doing a public celebration in-game or anything like that.

Surely this place has had more prime years, but it's here for the sake of audio, and let's keep it going.

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-04-22 13:11:31

Sorry to bump this butt can someone link me to that contest thread?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-04-22 13:28:55

Well, glad you found the NGAPTAC contest thread, Wegra -- but agreed, a little bit more extravagance is due. Results are coming out on Pico Day; what do you think can be done then?

Anyone got any ideas?

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-04-22 13:33:40

At 4/22/13 01:28 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Well, glad you found the NGAPTAC contest thread, Wegra -- but agreed, a little bit more extravagance is due. Results are coming out on Pico Day; what do you think can be done then?

Anyone got any ideas?

Lol yeah silly me. Extravagance? What do you mean?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-04-22 13:44:25

At 4/22/13 01:33 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 4/22/13 01:28 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Well, glad you found the NGAPTAC contest thread, Wegra -- but agreed, a little bit more extravagance is due. Results are coming out on Pico Day; what do you think can be done then?

Anyone got any ideas?
Lol yeah silly me. Extravagance? What do you mean?

Grandeur. I mean think about it. People in the respective portals are fairly down-to-earth and you normally wouldn't expect any hype unless a really good submission has been made for the year. But this time, we're holding an anniversary celebration. So... yeah, we can't just treat this like any other day.

Hm..... I'm not sure if some revisits of AP classics over the past ten years would be good...

Response to Does anyone notice the Audio Portal 2013-04-22 13:55:30

At 4/22/13 01:44 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 4/22/13 01:33 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 4/22/13 01:28 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

You do got a point what we need is some good ol' advertising.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature