New Topic Respond to this Topic
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:50 PM, kisame wrote: They're both terrible.

I just don't see how, yeah dragon ball got a bit over the top after a while and one piece is way too long, but i think the critical acclaim and sales figures can speak for the sheer awesomeness

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 08:06 PM, BigBadtheBazz wrote:
At 3/7/13 07:41 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
Actually no. Like I said I stopped watching that show when I saw the first few episodes of it.
Well its actually pretty good, I mean, it just seems silly to judge an anime by what 4kids edits out.

At the time I knew there were edits to the anime we got since I watched other original animes subbed. however at the time there weren't sites where you could watch anime real easy like it is now, so knowing that something was wrong, plus the fact that 4kids did it Just made me give up on it.

It would be like if I judged Tenchi Muyo from a drawing my little cousin did in art class.

At least 4kids and companies like them didn't get their hands on Tenchi muyo.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:04 PM Reply

I think both are quite childish. I like Dragon Ball better, probably because it's more funny. One Piece, I was like a few episodes in and quickly get bored.

supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:50 PM, kisame wrote: They're both terrible.

I just don't see how, yeah dragon ball got a bit over the top after a while and one piece is way too long, but i think the critical acclaim and sales figures can speak for the sheer awesomeness

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 11:04 PM, Elitistinen wrote: I think both are quite childish. I like Dragon Ball better, probably because it's more funny. One Piece, I was like a few episodes in and quickly get bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxJLFJVHnM

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:37 PM Reply

Damn straight, i'm glad they didn't, they've ruined so many

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 11:01 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

Yeah, because Tenchi Muyo in fucking space is the pinnacle of Japanese animation.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 11:43 PM, Knights wrote:
At 3/7/13 11:01 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
Yeah, because Tenchi Muyo in fucking space is the pinnacle of Japanese animation.

The dubbed version wasn't bad, compared to the original. However with the original of any 4kids dub compared to it's original it is like you are looking at 2 different things.

Also if you hadn't noticed the internet made a huge deal about what happened with one piece and they were right to do so. I looked at the clip with a piece of the orginal and to be honest if I had seen that from the start and not the shitty 4kids dub might have actually kept up with it.

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 12:08 AM, LittleWashu wrote: Also if you hadn't noticed the internet made a huge deal about what happened with one piece and they were right to do so. I looked at the clip with a piece of the orginal and to be honest if I had seen that from the start and not the shitty 4kids dub might have actually kept up with it.

Then why don't you? You saw how good the original, unedited version was, yet you're still treating One Piece like it's visual diarrhea mix with aids or something; that's the epitome of ignorant if you ask me.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 02:10 PM, supermofo wrote: Which do you think is better, Dragon Ball or One Piece,

The one about the kids with the animals that are always fighting each other was a good show!

Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.
Let's be friends. Send me a PM.

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 12:16 AM, Knights wrote:
At 3/8/13 12:08 AM, LittleWashu wrote: Also if you hadn't noticed the internet made a huge deal about what happened with one piece and they were right to do so. I looked at the clip with a piece of the orginal and to be honest if I had seen that from the start and not the shitty 4kids dub might have actually kept up with it.
Then why don't you? You saw how good the original, unedited version was, yet you're still treating One Piece like it's visual diarrhea mix with aids or something; that's the epitome of ignorant if you ask me.

With me and anime it works like this from the start. If it can hold my interest in the beginning I will watch it and see it through no matter what. However if I lose interest or it is just awful (Cough 4kids dub cough) then I just forget about it and move on.

As many people said I got the worst of the worst when I first started watching it, and my first impression of the show was seriously what the fuck is this? Diarrhea mix with aids is honestly not what I was thinking when I saw the 4kids dub. I thought far worse.

But as for why I won't watch it now one reason. In the middle of another anime series that I used to watch. When I finish it I will go through one piece.

but on a series note 4kids and dubbing companies like it ruined my childhood experience of anime.
Jasonpick
Jasonpick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Writer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 12:49 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 08:03 PM, TheMajormel wrote: I think astro boy is more fatherly the DBZ.
since it was like, the first legit anime.

True

good luck.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 01:06 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 12:53 AM, BigBadtheBazz wrote:
At 3/8/13 12:37 AM, LittleWashu wrote:
I get what you're saying. Basically what you saw, even though it wasn't the original, left a bad taste in your mouth and
you hadn't really felt like watching it since. plus, I agree, watching multiple animes is a pain in the ass, and a ton of shit
happens in One Piece.

Eh it really isn't a pain if you keep up with it. Problem is running into a new series you find out you like..

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 12:53 AM, BigBadtheBazz wrote:
At 3/8/13 12:37 AM, LittleWashu wrote:
I get what you're saying. Basically what you saw, even though it wasn't the original, left a bad taste in your mouth and
you hadn't really felt like watching it since. plus, I agree, watching multiple animes is a pain in the ass, and a ton of shit
happens in One Piece.

Yeah, but it makes videos like this 10x more awesome if you actually know what the hell is going on.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 02:40 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 12:49 AM, Jasonpick wrote:
At 3/7/13 08:03 PM, TheMajormel wrote: I think astro boy is more fatherly the DBZ.
True

Tezuka wasn't even born when animation first came to be in Japan.

At 3/7/13 09:36 PM, supermofo wrote: like i said before, I mean the manga and the db manga is from emperor pilaf to kid buu, it's just the anime that splits it into db and dbz, although the english manga was made into db and dbz to avoid confusion...

I know, but I don't really read manga. I used to read Berserk until I realized how far it was from being finished.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 12:49 AM, Jasonpick wrote:
True

I really meant that it's the fatherly manga of shonen, or as that other guy called it, shit, I didn't mean everything...

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 08:43 AM Reply

I really meant that it's the fatherly manga of shonen, or as that other guy called it, shit, I didn't mean everything...

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 10:39 AM Reply

Dragon ball definitely is out shined by one piece in many aspects but it's just fun to read and like i said it's so influential to shonen...

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 11:26 AM Reply

I heard there was a Dragonball/One Piece crossover once in manga form, but I have no clue how that could ever work out. The weakest character in Dragonball Z with powers was Master Roshi and he could destroy the Moon. In fact, most of the characters could probably destroy the galaxy, so the only anime that could be a match for them would be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Now THAT would be an awesome crossover.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 11:28 AM Reply

one piece 700+ chapters,550+ episodes and it's still amazing

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 06:14 PM Reply

Dragonball was good when I was a kid because I thought hey awesome, however I definitely couldn't enjoy it now. It takes itself too seriously, where One Piece rarely does, and when it finally does it's earned the right to.

One Piece has more interesting writing and is xany in a way that doesn't let it get cringey, so for me, it's One Piece. Gay as it is.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
ronald261
ronald261
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 03:30 PM Reply

I prefer One piece because it has more jokes and less inapropriate scenes, Dragonball is boring, it goes from one fight to another and on and on, i got bored at episode 40 laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl

ronald261
ronald261
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 02:11 PM, Nor wrote: Both shit, but Dragon Ball is less shit.

really, or do u just like the "inappropriate bits"

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 03:48 PM Reply

I used to think Dragon ball Z liked to drag fight scenes for too long, until I watched Bleach and one piece.

Dragon ball Z wins.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
ChloBro
ChloBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 05:24 PM Reply

What's funny is that Dragon Ball (+Z) did for it's generation what One Piece is doing for this one lol.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 3/9/13 11:28 AM, captainlolz wrote: one piece 700+ chapters,550+ episodes and it's still amazing

Looks like they finally outran the original DB/Z/GT saga in episode numbers. :) Not counting Kai, of course.

supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 3/19/13 03:48 PM, sweet21 wrote: I used to think Dragon ball Z liked to drag fight scenes for too long, until I watched Bleach and one piece.

Dragon ball Z wins.

I really wish they would make a Naruto kai, Bleach kai, and One Piece kai, and it shouldn't be a half assed attempt as Dragon Ball kai only covered volumes 17-35, and they should be straight to video releases so they wouldn't have to worry about content or time,
they could follow the manga completely by leaving it uncut (like haku and gato's death scenes in the land of waves arc) and they could just have the episodes be any length that they want instead of having the episodes try to be 21-22 minutes long to fit a 30 minute time slot, so no more filler in the episodes or filler arcs (like the bount arc or the konoha history arc)

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature
supermofo
supermofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dragon Ball Vs One Piece Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 3/19/13 03:48 PM, sweet21 wrote: I used to think Dragon ball Z liked to drag fight scenes for too long, until I watched Bleach and one piece.

Dragon ball Z wins.

I really wish they would make a Naruto kai, Bleach kai, and One Piece kai, and it shouldn't be a half assed attempt as Dragon Ball kai only covered volumes 17-35, and they should be straight to video releases so they wouldn't have to worry about content or time,
they could follow the manga completely by leaving it uncut (like haku and gato's death scenes in the land of waves arc) and they could just have the episodes be any length that they want instead of having the episodes try to be 21-22 minutes long to fit a 30 minute time slot, so no more filler in the episodes or filler arcs (like the bount arc or the konoha history arc)

GABRIEL CASTLEBERRY

BBS Signature