Be a Supporter!

New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition

  • 701 Views
  • 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:00 PM Reply

The song.

R. Kelly's timeless party hit "Ignition (Remix)" is the subject of a White House petition to make it the new national anthem of the United States. The song just turned 10 years old (yes, you're old), and accordingly, its birthday is being celebrated by the petition, which asks President Obama to "recognize the need for a new national anthem, one that even a decade after its creation, is still hot and fresh out the kitchen."

article @ msn

Let's get this going, Newgrounds.


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:08 PM Reply

I know, I'm old, even moreso since it felt like yesterday when I signed into NG in 2002 and did it for the voting power. The summer of 2002 was the most fun period I had.

It's funny how the remix gets all the recognition while the original version gets ignored. But then again, the remix version made the song sound more risque, especially after what happened that time, it tells you something. Then comes the version by Dave Chappelle.

If the song becomes the new anthem, it's going to be an awkward ceremony.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:10 PM Reply

I rememeber this song. Im glad its atleast a song that isnt shit like fucking Adele or something.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:36 PM Reply

And now I'm listening to this song. Thanks.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:38 PM Reply

Never heard that song.

I hate that hip hop crap.

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

I like it, but don't think it should be Anthem.


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:38 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Never heard that song.

I hate that hip hop crap.

It doesnt resemble hip hop in any way at all lol

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:40 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:38 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Never heard that song.

I hate that hip hop crap.
It doesnt resemble hip hop in any way at all lol

Whatever it is, it sucks.

Actually I hate most modern music.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:41 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Actually I hate most modern music.

Almost couldn't see you up there, being mounted on such a fine equus


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:41 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Whatever it is, it sucks.

Actually I hate most modern music.

I hate a lot of generic middle of the road top 40 radio type music, but I still cant see how this song could pass for hip hop at all lol. I also like the song, and I dont like many R&B songs.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:55 PM Reply

I would actually laugh if that song ever becomes our national anthem, although it would mean that America could turn into one giant dance party every time this song is blared out in festivals, schools and the like, which would have varying results.

When listening to that song, I can't help but feel a rush of nostalgia going through me of 10 years ago. The summer of '02 was such a fun time, before everything went down the proverbial roller coaster.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
When listening to that song, I can't help but feel a rush of nostalgia going through me of 10 years ago. The summer of '02 was such a fun time, before everything went down the proverbial roller coaster.

The first year after 9/11 was fun?

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
When listening to that song, I can't help but feel a rush of nostalgia going through me of 10 years ago. The summer of '02 was such a fun time, before everything went down the proverbial roller coaster.
The first year after 9/11 was fun?

You are such a prick


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:00 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote: The first year after 9/11 was fun?
You are such a prick

11/9 then

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:00 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
When listening to that song, I can't help but feel a rush of nostalgia going through me of 10 years ago. The summer of '02 was such a fun time, before everything went down the proverbial roller coaster.
The first year after 9/11 was fun?
You are such a prick

I'm just saying that the entire last decade has been a total crapshoot.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Jokes aside the melody is really catchy. Replace the lyrics with shit about God, flags and freedom and it would totally make for a good anthem.


BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:00 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:00 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote: The first year after 9/11 was fun?
You are such a prick
11/9 then

whut lol


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:02 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:00 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:00 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote: The first year after 9/11 was fun?
You are such a prick
11/9 then
whut lol

Its the eleventh of september, AKA 11/9 for everywhere that isnt the USA lol

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:04 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:02 PM, Nor wrote:
11/9 then
whut lol
Its the eleventh of september, AKA 11/9 for everywhere that isnt the USA lol

What does that have to do with anything?
lel


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:02 PM, Darthdenim wrote:


You are such a prick
I'm just saying that the entire last decade has been a total crapshoot.

And so far this decade isn't looking any better.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:14 PM Reply

Rolling Stone Magazine said in relation to the last decade, "The world (and Britney) fell apart, but the soundtrack rocked."

The soundtrack rocked?

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:05 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:04 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:02 PM, Nor wrote:
11/9 then
whut lol
Its the eleventh of september, AKA 11/9 for everywhere that isnt the USA lol
What does that have to do with anything?
lel

u dun get der joek xd

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:15 PM, BumFodder wrote: u dun get der joek xd

Le epic joke XD


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:16 PM, Nor wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:15 PM, BumFodder wrote: u dun get der joek xd
Le epic joke XD

XD XD XD

OPPAN HARLEM STYLE

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:23 PM Reply

how about a anthem about urinating on minors? R kelly could TOTALLY do that.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
The first year after 9/11 was fun?

Just had to go there, did you? Sorry if I didn't want to spend my summer worrying about terrorist attacks. As for the rest of the decade, then I would agree it was a crapshoot to say the least, but compared to other decades of the past, it wasn't half-bad, considering the circumstances.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
TheGrim
TheGrim
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:36 PM Reply

This is a stupid bullshit thread.

Gettin' Jiggy wit It is a billion times better and a much better candidate for being the national anthem. Hell, change how Presidents are sworn in to fit the music, it isn't the 18th century anymore- to be elected, Presidents have to be certified Jiggy-ers and have to get down and Jiggy during their swearing in.

Bring the groove back to America, baby. Na-na-na-na-na-na


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:37 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: how about a anthem about urinating on minors? R kelly could TOTALLY do that.

what lol

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:27 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
The first year after 9/11 was fun?
Just had to go there, did you? Sorry if I didn't want to spend my summer worrying about terrorist attacks. As for the rest of the decade, then I would agree it was a crapshoot to say the least, but compared to other decades of the past, it wasn't half-bad, considering the circumstances.

Don't be so hard on him, there's no crime for someone vying for the worst user of the year award. He was a contender for the past few years.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to New U.s. Anthem=r. Kelly's Ignition Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:37 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/6/13 11:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: how about a anthem about urinating on minors? R kelly could TOTALLY do that.
what lol

Just look up the version by Dave Chappelle.

Drip, drip, drip...

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature