Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 08:19 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/6/13 07:56 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: It's sorta like having all the cages at the zoo closed so the visitors don't get mauled by the animals. What you're saying is it should be fine for the cages to be open and then just shoot the animals if they maul people.
Great metaphor, but it has nothing to do with my situation. How does that even relate?

Uh. I guess like. The point is you're dangerous when you drive drunk and you can cause accidents. They don't want accidents to be caused because people get hurt. What you're saying is you're not at fault because you didn't cause an accident - the rule isn't that you have to cause an accident, it's that you were doing the thing that potentially does cause accidents.

The metaphore, cages being open is drunk driving, people getting mauled is car accidents, shooting the animals is only punishing you if you'd caused an accident. Any clearer? Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I get what I mean but I understand if you don't. We can just drop the whole thing if you get the whole DUI thing anyway.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 03:03 PM, KevinHR wrote: That's how it is, nerd. You can complain and whine all you want, but it's not gonna change anything.

Watch the movie "Flight" by Robert Zemeckis. It came out recently and deals with your situation, on top of being a great movie.

I've seen that recently, good film.

However it occurred to me though, had the pilot not be on cocaine, which you makes you confident like nothing else, he probably wouldn't have inverted the plane and it would have crashed into a populated area. Not that I'm saying there shouldn't be some repercussions for being inebriated and/or high while flying, but it's something to consider.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 06:21 PM, Spedmallet wrote: You're missing the point. I wasn't swerving or driving recklessly; I would have never been caught if it weren't for the guy who hit me. None of this would have ever happened

Again, it's totally irrelevant. The crime you were arrested for was not Causing A Car Accident While Intoxicated, and it wasn't Driving Recklessly While Intoxicated. It's just Driving While Intoxicated, period. And that's what you were doing.

There's nothing unfair about it. If you're going to commit a crime, you have to do so with the expectation that you might get caught, and be willing to face the consequences. Flippantly assuming you could never get caught and then whining about it when somehow you do get caught is just plain childish.

They're demonized because often they are reckless. But I was being absolutely careful with my driving; going the speed limit, yielding for pedestrians, stopping at lights, etc.

Oh, well since you're so super careful I guess the police should make a special exception and the law shouldn't have to apply to you.

I answer every phone call she makes

Have you actually talked to her in person yet?

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: O Lucky Man! (Anderson, 1973, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
TheGrim
TheGrim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 06:21 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
You're missing the point. I wasn't swerving or driving recklessly; I would have never been caught if it weren't for the guy who hit me. None of this would have ever happened

They're demonized because often they are reckless. But I was being absolutely careful with my driving; going the speed limit, yielding for pedestrians, stopping at lights, etc.

Listen dinglewiener, you don't seem to understand how The Law works. See, a DWI means DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED. You got charged with a DWI, and you plainly admitted that you were intoxicated at the time of the crash.

It doesn't matter if you drove nice and safe. It doesn't matter if you donated $10,000 to the poor before you got in a wreck. It doesn't matter if you saved a man's life a second before you got in the wreck. You were intoxicated while you were driving, and buddy, that's a big ol' no-no. The fact that you're trying to contest the charge shows how completely inept you are.

And the suggestion about the movie Flight is utterly perfect for the situation: Denzel Washington plays an airplane pilot that is drunk during a routine flight, but his plane breaks down- he ends up pulling a miraculous maneuver that saves everyone on-board. But he was drunk, and you cannot just escape the law.

Just face it dude, you did a fucking stupid thing by driving while drunk and now you're paying the price. The police were in no way abusive or overstepping their authority, you BROKE THE LAW.

So shut the fuck up and pay up, buster, because your arguments are pathetic and you are a generally bad person from what you've shown so far.

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 02:13 AM Reply

You committed a crime, got caught, and now will suffer the consequences. You shouldn't have committed a crime.

The fact that you wouldn't have gotten caught if the other guy hadn't slammed into you doesn't excuse the crime.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 02:30 AM Reply

It is kind of unfair but at the same time you shouldn't have been drink driving especially with vodka it wouldn't have happened if you didn't do that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 03:19 AM Reply

You can't drink and drive and obviously the police would just assume that it was your fault even if it wasn't. You deserved to get your car fucked up for being so selfish. I have no pity for any one who drives while drunk.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 09:13 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 01:48 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Have you actually talked to her in person yet?

that's none of your concern and has nothing to do with the topic.

At 3/6/13 09:35 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: The metaphore, cages being open is drunk driving, people getting mauled is car accidents, shooting the animals is only punishing you if you'd caused an accident. Any clearer? Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I get what I mean but I understand if you don't. We can just drop the whole thing if you get the whole DUI thing anyway.

It's quite alright, I suppose I just didn't see it because the mauling metaphor has nothing to do with me(IE-my intoxication harmed no one).

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 09:32 AM Reply

Love how everyone is taking the moral high road here.

Not sure about the rules and regulations where you live, but in Alberta it's almost impossible to get convicted if you have a good lawyer. All their I's have to be dotted and T's crossed, not to mention they're on a time limit and there a a hundred and one technicalities.

I was talking to a lawyer that stops by my work every once in a while and he said that if the cop makes you blow roadside then there is a 9/10 chance that someone can get off on one of the DUI charges (they charge people with two subsections here), so all he has to do is fight a technicality.

Paying the $10,000 to hire a lawyer is by far less costly than the long term repercussions of having a DUI charge follow you for the rest of your life.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 09:32 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Not sure about the rules and regulations where you live, but in Alberta it's almost impossible to get convicted if you have a good lawyer. All their I's have to be dotted and T's crossed, not to mention they're on a time limit and there a a hundred and one technicalities.

What are the technicalities and why do they exist?

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Sounds like you're upset that you got caught because of someone else's negligence, and that is what you are claiming is "unfair" - but the moment you turned on your vehicle after drinking a sufficient amount of alcohol to impair your abilities, you were performing unlawful conduct.

That is like driving above the speed limit and feeling like it was "unfair" of you to be caught because some other driver called the cops from their cell phone. It doesn't matter how much of a dope or asshole the third party is that got you caught, you were still breaking the law and you knew it.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 09:53 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/7/13 09:32 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Not sure about the rules and regulations where you live, but in Alberta it's almost impossible to get convicted if you have a good lawyer. All their I's have to be dotted and T's crossed, not to mention they're on a time limit and there a a hundred and one technicalities.
What are the technicalities and why do they exist?

For example they have to do an initial breathalyser when they haul you into the cop shop, then in an hour they have to breathalyze you a second time and it has to be .02 or .03 below your initial blow. The machine has to be calibrated, it has to be done by a separate officer who is qualified to use the machine. They do have to read you your rights and give you the opportunity to contact a lawyer.

Someone who blows .09 and actually has a BAC of .04 is legally not impaired. It wouldn't be fair for cops to make up numbers just because they're on a crusade to charge everyone who has any BAC.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:05 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: For example they have to do an initial breathalyser when they haul you into the cop shop, then in an hour they have to breathalyze you a second time and it has to be .02 or .03 below your initial blow. The machine has to be calibrated, it has to be done by a separate officer who is qualified to use the machine. They do have to read you your rights and give you the opportunity to contact a lawyer.

Thats far too strict, especially when they were clearly over the limit the first time. Why is it not possible for them to use the first one?

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:09 AM, BumFodder wrote:
Thats far too strict, especially when they were clearly over the limit the first time. Why is it not possible for them to use the first one?

If you blow .3 then .03, something is obviously not right, they need something to compare to. Not to mention Diabetics who need an insulin shot really bad tend to exhibit symptoms that mirror being heavily intoxicated.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

Banged a non-girlfriend and got her pregnant, aka cheated on current-girlfriend. Now drunk driving?

What the fuck is this kind of trash of you?

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 10:14 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: If you blow .3 then .03, something is obviously not right, they need something to compare to. Not to mention Diabetics who need an insulin shot really bad tend to exhibit symptoms that mirror being heavily intoxicated.

I use an inhaler, so I was thinking of hiring a decent lawyer to pin it on that.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:02 PM Reply

If you're drunk everything is your fault according to cops.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:54 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: I ask you newgrounds, do you believe it is fair for me to suffer from the blatant mistake of another?
You did drive influenced, so yeah, for your part it sounds fair. The other guy should obviously have been charged as well, but I guess there's a moral in there somewhere, a message, a lesson: don't drive drunk!

A little ignorant there cyberdevil: But has anyone bothered to ask if op got a breathalyzer test? Because I know you can have a few shots and still drive home, as long as your sobered up, but to just get ripped to jail and slapped with a dwi, something is amiss here. Whether it's a few minor details op didn't include or the law being pricks.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 12:21 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/7/13 10:14 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: If you blow .3 then .03, something is obviously not right, they need something to compare to. Not to mention Diabetics who need an insulin shot really bad tend to exhibit symptoms that mirror being heavily intoxicated.
I use an inhaler, so I was thinking of hiring a decent lawyer to pin it on that.

You just admitted that you were drinking before... you are honestly the worst kind of person lmao. You have a lot of growing up to do, kid.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 12:21 PM, Spedmallet wrote:

No lawyer in their right mind would take your case.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 05:08 PM, Zachary wrote: You just admitted that you were drinking before... you are honestly the worst kind of person lmao. You have a lot of growing up to do, kid.

I have enough going on without getting pinned with dwi fines; if I can get a lawyer to denounce the breathalyzer test I will.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 05:14 PM, Spedmallet wrote:

I have enough going on without getting pinned with dwi fines; if I can get a lawyer to denounce the breathalyzer test I will.

Quick question: What's your living arrangement like?

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 3/7/13 05:07 PM, Kanon wrote: A little ignorant there cyberdevil: But has anyone bothered to ask if op got a breathalyzer test? Because I know you can have a few shots and still drive home, as long as your sobered up, but to just get ripped to jail and slapped with a dwi, something is amiss here. Whether it's a few minor details op didn't include or the law being pricks.

Several shots of vodka? I'm not familiar with how much alcohol you're allowed to have in your bloodsteam in different parts of the world, but that sounds like an amount that would take at least a full night to clear out to be within the limit. Just a regular beer lasts a couple of hours. Judging by previous posts, a breathalyzer test was conducted.

Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 03:22 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 05:02 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: If you're drunk everything is your fault according to cops.

If you're drunk and driving, you should be arrested and prosecuted. No equivocations.

BBS Signature
BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Writer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 04:12 AM Reply

At 3/7/13 05:14 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/7/13 05:08 PM, Zachary wrote: You just admitted that you were drinking before... you are honestly the worst kind of person lmao. You have a lot of growing up to do, kid.

You'll be making their job rather difficult considering you've told a public forum that you had several shots of vodka before driving.

You need to grow up and sort your life out, I hope they tear up your license. Although you'd probably still drive anyway as you seem incapable of accepting any blame.

In short, you think you're blameless even though you make some pretty appalling decisions in life. You won't learn anything from this - you'll drink and drive again because you think you've been hard done by. Again I only hope you don't kill or seriously injure anyone other than yourself.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 04:35 AM Reply

Drunk drivers are fucking scum. Whatever punishment they give you will not be enough. You could've killed an innocent person because you got behind a one-tonne 40mph killing machine while not in control of your faculties. Nobody cares about your excuses, stfu.

PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 04:51 AM Reply

See, this is why weed is better never would have happened bruh

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 09:31 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 04:12 AM, BrockManson wrote: You need to grow up and sort your life out

What does me getting arrested for doing next to nothing wrong have to do with 'growing up'?

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Kytraal
Kytraal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 3/8/13 09:31 AM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/8/13 04:12 AM, BrockManson wrote: You need to grow up and sort your life out
What does me getting arrested for doing next to nothing wrong have to do with 'growing up'?

You are unresponsible which means there's no place for you in today's society.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 8th, 2013 @ 09:50 AM Reply

moral of the story: don't drink and drive

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature