Be a Supporter!
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:48 PM Reply

But here's the thing; I did nothing wrong.

After having several shots of vodka, me and my friend decided we would get some food. I agreed to drive carefully, something my friend doesn't do when he's drunk. So essentially, me and my friend hit a red light and a guy slams right into my rear. Cops come and I'm explaining myself; that we were just sitting at a red light doing nothing wrong. But the cop could smell the alcohol on me, and I ended up being arrested and taken down to the station; charged with driving under the influence while the guy who his me got away scott-free.

This is completely unfair, at least in my opinion. After all, I was not the reckless driver. This isn't justice. I ask you newgrounds, do you believe it is fair for me to suffer from the blatant mistake of another?

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: But here's the thing; I did nothing wrong.

After having several shots of vodka

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: But here's the thing; I did nothing wrong.

After having several shots of vodka,

I don't understand how you can say both of those things one after the other without lying.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: I ask you newgrounds, do you believe it is fair for me to suffer from the blatant mistake of another?

You did drive influenced, so yeah, for your part it sounds fair. The other guy should obviously have been charged as well, but I guess there's a moral in there somewhere, a message, a lesson: don't drive drunk!

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:50 PM, Ryan wrote:

I don't understand how you can say both of those things one after the other without lying.

Alright fine, having some shots while driving is illegal, yes. But what I meant was that the car accident was completely due to the other person; my alcohol intake not only had nothing to do with it, but didn't impair my driving.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Cops are the moderators of the road.

They are scum!

Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:03 PM Reply

That's how it is, nerd. You can complain and whine all you want, but it's not gonna change anything.

Watch the movie "Flight" by Robert Zemeckis. It came out recently and deals with your situation, on top of being a great movie.

I Got A Dwi

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:06 PM Reply

I thought anytime you get rear-ended it's automatically the other persons at fault ?

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:08 PM Reply

yo ass shouldnt have been fuckin drunk lika a dumbass before goin out driven. I hope your stupid ass get 10 years in Federal Prison.

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 03:06 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I thought anytime you get rear-ended it's automatically the other persons at fault ?

He still gets punished for DWI. Besides, the whole 'did nothing wrong' part is only valid if you aren't drunk and someone else hits you. Soon as he turned the key with alcohol in his system he broke the law, the only reason he got caught was because someone else hit him (I guess?).

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 03:06 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I thought anytime you get rear-ended it's automatically the other persons at fault ?

I was stopped at a red light bro, it wasn't my fault in the slightest

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:13 PM Reply

Then this is an outrage. Cops harassing innocent people like that, handing out fines to folks that have done no wron-

Oh, never mind.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Writer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:15 PM Reply

If you accidentally kill someone because you've been driving drunk, i hope it's just you and not anyone else.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

homsarrunner3
homsarrunner3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:16 PM Reply

Just gonna leave this here.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me
"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:45 PM Reply

I have no sympathy for anyone who kills themselves / injures themselves / or gets in trouble because of a DUI or DWI.

You got what you deserved.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Mendou
Mendou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Driving while intoxicated is a crime.

This has been your Mendou fact of the day.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Cops are the moderators of the road.

Not just the road. The world! They are everywhere!

Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Did you happen to do this the same night you happened to both cheat on your girlfriend, and get a random chick pregnant?

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, Satan wrote: Did you happen to do this the same night you happened to both cheat on your girlfriend, and get a random chick pregnant?

loook don't derail this topic. It's against the rules. Are you really going to blame me for wanting to kick back a few drinks while I forget about that issue? Did you really feel the need to remind me of the second god-awful thing that's happened to me?

At 3/6/13 03:09 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: He still gets punished for DWI. Besides, the whole 'did nothing wrong' part is only valid if you aren't drunk and someone else hits you.

But you don't get it; me drinking did not cause the accident. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and now I'm taking the heat for it.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 03:45 PM, EJR wrote: I have no sympathy for anyone who kills themselves / injures themselves / or gets in trouble because of a DUI or DWI.

You got what you deserved.

Thats pretty much word for word what I was just thinking.

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:17 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, Satan wrote: Did you happen to do this the same night you happened to both cheat on your girlfriend, and get a random chick pregnant?
loook don't derail this topic. It's against the rules. Are you really going to blame me for wanting to kick back a few drinks while I forget about that issue? Did you really feel the need to remind me of the second god-awful thing that's happened to me?

At 3/6/13 03:09 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: He still gets punished for DWI. Besides, the whole 'did nothing wrong' part is only valid if you aren't drunk and someone else hits you.
But you don't get it; me drinking did not cause the accident. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and now I'm taking the heat for it.

It's still illegal to drink and drive. It would be like if you had drugs on you and got into a car accident. Just because you weren't using them doesn't make them any less illegal.

Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:17 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, Satan wrote:

At 3/6/13 03:09 PM, Dry-Ice wrote:

I ain't derailing shit, I simply asked a question, a sarcastic one, yes, but a question, none the less. For the record, aren't you backseat moderating, with your statement of "It's against the rules", if I honestly did so much damage to the thread, a moderator would inform me, would they not? I could be wrong, but I believe that falls under the backseat mod category, which is also against the rules, if you honestly wish to continue this conversation, do so in the PM's, as you said, derailing this thread wouldn't solve anything, nor prove anything either.

On Topic: I personally don't think you should have been drink driving, no matter the circumstances, and I full on agree with Zachary's statement of "It's still illegal to drink and drive. It would be like if you had drugs on you and got into a car accident. Just because you weren't using them doesn't make them any less illegal."

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:17 PM, Spedmallet wrote: But you don't get it; me drinking did not cause the accident. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and now I'm taking the heat for it.

If anything I think you were at the right place at the right time.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:26 PM, Satan wrote: For the record, aren't you backseat moderating, with your statement of "It's against the rules"

no

derailing this thread wouldn't solve anything, nor prove anything either.

You said as you derailed my thread

On Topic: I personally don't think you should have been drink driving, no matter the circumstances, and I full on agree with Zachary's statement of "It's still illegal to drink and drive. It would be like if you had drugs on you and got into a car accident. Just because you weren't using them doesn't make them any less illegal."

Look I understand what I did was completely wrong but you're missing the point I'm trying to make. If I had crashed on my own my arrest would have been entirely justified. But the other guy smashed right into my parked rear without any action from me.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Mendou
Mendou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:31 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Look I understand what I did was completely wrong but you're missing the point I'm trying to make. If I had crashed on my own my arrest would have been entirely justified. But the other guy smashed right into my parked rear without any action from me.

Wait, so even though you were committing a crime by drinking and operating a vehicle, it doesn't make it a crime if you don't get caught? What if that guy slammed into you by an act of God because a mile down the road you would have been texting on your phone and smashed into a parked car with a family in it?

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:35 PM Reply

vodkas are 40% alcohol by volume (ABV) or 80 proof.

1 shot= 44ML
7 shots= 308ML

308ML= is more or less half of a pint

whats your weight and how long were you drinking I can tell how drunk you were.

Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Either you are a terrible liar or you just have a LOT of bad things happen to you.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:35 PM, Mendou wrote: What if that guy slammed into you by an act of God because a mile down the road you would have been texting on your phone and smashed into a parked car with a family in it?

That scenario did not happen, further god forgives the things men do.

At 3/6/13 04:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: whats your weight and how long were you drinking I can tell how drunk you were.

It's bad enough I have some pregnant chick breathing down my back without you asking for my asl every post

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:54 PM, Spedmallet wrote: It's bad enough I have some pregnant chick breathing down my back without you asking for my asl every post

LOL how much is your weight and how long were you drinking before you drived? not a hard or personal question guy.

Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to I Got A Dwi Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:57 PM Reply

So, you got a girl pregnant, and now you've been arrested for drink driving.

What your next trick? Manslaughter?

BBS Signature