New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Info on Writing Contest Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:04 PM Reply

As writers know, its hard to get your name out and known. Contest are good ways to get some renown and a little cash if your lucky. The only problem is, which ones are legit? I search alot for legit contest and tools to help decide which are the real deal. Im going to post here links, tips etc. that will hopefully help out.

"Zombie of the mind, craves food for thought."

BBS Signature
TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Info on Writing Contest Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:20 PM Reply

Here a link to a contest going on: http://www.writersdigest.com/competitions/writers-digest-ann ual-competition

Im going to copy/paste the info on fees and deadlines:
Early Bird Entry fees are $27 for the first manuscript; $20 for each additional entry submitted during the same transaction. Poems are $15 for the first entry; $10 for each additional poem submitted submitted during the same transaction. Entries submitted after that May 6, 2013 Early Bird deadline are $32 for the first manuscript; $25 for each additional entry submitted during the same transaction. Poems are $20 for the first entry; $15 for each additional poem submitted submitted during the same transaction.

Writers Digest is an awesome place for tips and tools on the writing industry. I wont go into too much detail, but I do encourage you guys to check it out even if you dont do the contest.

Good luck!

BBS Signature
TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Info on Writing Contest Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 06:46 PM Reply

Helpful tip:

This may be common knowledge or just common sense, but I will post the tip any ways. When checking out a site that is hosting a contest to see if it is legit, make sure the content is up to date. You wouldnt want to send your story and entry fee to a contest that was taking up entress for 2007. But it might not always be that easy to spot. Check out who is sponsoring them or if even have sponsors!

Heres a link to a site I found that you need to check out if you enter contest:
http://www.writerscircle.com/2011/03/fake-writing-contests-h ow-to-spot-them.html

Hope this helps, Cheers!

BBS Signature
TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Info on Writing Contest Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 12:14 AM Reply

I recently discovered a new genre to me called bizzarro fiction. It basically takes the elements of surrealism art and fuses it with horror and erotica.

For those who love the dark and creepy, or are writers of thus sort and want to be published, check out this site: http://bizarrocentral.com/

It really does have a lot of info on publishers you could get to listen you. Or you can shop around at their awesome books.

BBS Signature