TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:05 PM Reply

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bailey-oneill-12-dead-weeks-school-
bullying/story?id=18649201

The Murderers will probably only get 1 or 2 years of Community of Service because that is how Pathetic the Laws are in USA. Before someone tells me to move, feel free to pay for my expenses.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 04:05 PM, TheKlown wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/US/bailey-oneill-12-dead-weeks-school-
bullying/story?id=18649201

The Murderers will probably only get 1 or 2 years of Community of Service because that is how Pathetic the Laws are in USA. Before someone tells me to move, feel free to pay for my expenses.

I don't think they will get off that cheaply. But there are many factors to consider:
* Their age.
* Was their intent to actually murder?
* This could be manslaughter.

However, I do think they need to have consequences that are swift and severe.

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 04:18 PM, TheMason wrote:
However, I do think they need to have consequences that are swift and severe.

i'd prosecute it as first degree murder myself. given these 2 boys intentionally attacked one person with the intent to cause harm, which ended up being fatal.

and I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you suspect your child might be bullied, PUT HIM IN MARTIAL ARTS! Actually, put them in martial arts even if you think they don't need it. and also let him know that it's OK to defend yourself when someone else attacks, to hell with zero tolerance.

The biggest problem with bullying is that the system encourages it by inaction. When I was in school, I did as I was told and didn't fight back and told the teachers. that only made things worse because no one did anything to fix the problem. When I began beating people to a bloody pulp, they began to leave me alone. Also, children need to be taught to stand up for each other. if 2 people jump one person, the other children should be taught to go after the 2 boys, not surround the fight and prevent the 1 person from having a chance to escape.

that happened to me on several occasions. 1 person would start the fight with me, the children would surround us, then another person or two would jump in and help the aggressor. I eventually taught myself to use techniques like snatching them by the hair and plowing my knee into their face, kicking them in the knees, and other dangerous techniques to quickly stop a fight because I knew that there was also the chance of another person coming to join the fight.

When I saw a fight break out, I would often jump in to defend the person being attacked if the fight wasn't a mutual desire. Often a bully would try to beat up on one of the weaker classmates only to have to deal with a guy who was almost 400 pounds and pissed the hell off all the time. I lost a lot of weight and my quick temper since I got out of high school.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Unlikely the murderers will get 1 to 2 years of coomunity service. I have never once seen a major person felony be given anything less than hard time.

However, the murders are juveniles which throws a major monkey wrench into it. I don;t know how PA works, but here, thse kiddos would first go through an extensive hearing to see whether the kids are mentally matured enough to be tried as adults. This measures alot fo things, mainly whether the kids knew the consequences (total BS in my opinion. Any 10 year old or older, save mental disability, knows that if you kill someone they die) and if they are mature enough to aid and assist in defense in adult court. If they are deemed unready they will be tried in juvenile court adn could face jail time up to the age of 25. In the highly likely chance they pass the mental hearing, they would go to adult court and be tried as adults, with everything but the death penalty (I belive SCOTUS denied it for any defendant under 18) on the table.

And yes, I have seen a 13 year old be convicted of murder in an adult court and get life w/o parole.

If found guilty, it is likely the least they will get is about 10 years, and that is only if they are left in the juvenile system. But, then again, I'm not familiar with PA criminal law or PA Juvenile law.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 07:11 PM Reply

You're making this sound as if it was intentional homicide. Fight happened, no word on whether or not it was a legitimate jumping (Seriously, they only ever mention one person hitting), a mutual fight, or if he was just getting hit by one person. Got hit in the nose, fell down, hit his head. While this is tragic, I would hardly call this murder.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 07:11 PM, RacistBassist wrote: You're making this sound as if it was intentional homicide. Fight happened, no word on whether or not it was a legitimate jumping (Seriously, they only ever mention one person hitting), a mutual fight, or if he was just getting hit by one person. Got hit in the nose, fell down, hit his head. While this is tragic, I would hardly call this murder.

While that is true, I really doubt that the manslaughter (or whatever the equivalent in PA is) will involve anything less than significant jail time, to the point where the "at least" I stated before still stands.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Bailey O'neill Murdered At School Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 07:11 PM, RacistBassist wrote: You're making this sound as if it was intentional homicide. Fight happened, no word on whether or not it was a legitimate jumping (Seriously, they only ever mention one person hitting), a mutual fight, or if he was just getting hit by one person. Got hit in the nose, fell down, hit his head. While this is tragic, I would hardly call this murder.

usually when its 2 on 1, it involves 1 person holding someone down while the other beats on him. It's a typical bully tactic that I was subjected to on several occasions. get behind the person, grab their arms so they can't fight back, block or dodge, and get the other guy throw punches as hard and to where he wants to. Only defense to that is to overpower the guy behind you and force him to let go. That's probably how he got so many good blows to the face. Most likely the other kid threw him down after the fact.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.