Be a Supporter!

I got a girl pregnant

  • 2,315 Views
  • 90 Replies
New Topic
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:04 PM

And I don't know what the fuck I am going to do.

Essentially I hooked up with this girl at a friend's house party. Long story short I got a phone call that was essentially my doom-sentence; that this girl was pregnant with what she believed was my child. I tried to talk her into getting an abortion and she absolutely refuses.

This will ruin my life.

I have been going steady with my girlfriend for roughly two years now; I love her with all my heart, but she will never forgive me for this when she finds out. And with the other girl constantly breathing down my neck I don't know how much longer I can hide it from her.

So I ask you newgrounds, what do you suggest I do? What can I do to hide this from my girlfriend, and what can I do to possibly convince the other girl to abort the fetus?


Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM

If this story is true, which I doubt it is, you deserve anything coming at you. Cheating is for the scummiest of the scumbags.


.

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM

I am so sorry for your child.


BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM

Sounds like your dick has lead you into quite the situation.

First, I don't know what you can say to convince this other girl to not have the child, other than tell her that you don't intend to help her in raising the child - yes, you'll pay whatever child support the court orders, but you are just not at a point in your life to drop everything and become a father. Perhaps the true reality of raising a child as a single mother - and the enormous responsibility and stress that entails - will convince her that she isn't prepared for it right now either.

Keep in mind that you can't force her to do anything - it's always going to be her decision in the end.

As for your girlfriend, there's nothing you can do but hope she forgives you. Frankly, I wouldn't if I was in her position - you ran around on her behind her back and now you're going to have a living breathing connection with the "other woman" for the rest of your life.


Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:13 PM

If this is true (which I doubt) you don't deserve to be in a relationship if you're going to do shit like that.

seriously what the hell is wrong with people who go around cheating on people they're either going out with or married to?

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM

You deserve it for a) cheating and b) not using a rubber (the pull-out method is highly ineffective. I'm sure you knew that).

Anyway, your best bet now is to either hide it for as long as you can, or discuss a peaceful polygamous relationship.

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:19 PM

You done fucked, son

the-goatman
the-goatman
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:20 PM

Not sure if troll, but here's serious advice.

First the pregnant girl: If she refuses to get an abortion talk to her seriously about at least putting it up for adoption. Try to get her to realistically think about what is best for the kid: would you guys really be able to provide it with a good home/support it? Best case scenario she's cool with that, neither your lives nor the kid's are ruined by this. If she insists on keeping it for some reason then you're probably going to be stuck making child support payments for the rest of your life. If you're a half decent person the only thing to do is man up and make up for your mistake banging this girl. Be there for the kid, though that doesn't mean you have to marry this girl or have any commitment to her beyond being there for the kid.

As for your girlfriend you should probably come clean either way. Even if you can hide it in the short term do you really think you're going to be able to hide a child from her forever? Yeah, she may leave you once you tell her, but there's no way she won't leave you if she finds out through someone else. Sit her down and have a conversation with her, let her know how much you fucked up and if she loves you she may forgive you. And you treat her properly and never cheat again if she does, because it's more then you deserve.

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:20 PM

At 3/4/13 04:09 PM, Zachary wrote: If this story is true, which I doubt it is, you deserve anything coming at you.

I assure you this is serious. I've been talking to close friends about it, as well as making some threads in an effort to find out a decent solution, apart from the huuuur wire hanger shit.

Cheating is for the scummiest of the scumbags.

Well this is where I disagree, it's a dick move I agree but
1. I was drunk
2. There's no ring on it yet. Look, I know this may come off a brash, and it's certainly fucked me over, but until there's a ring on it there's no solid rule of law that says I can't mess around a bit before I settle down. You can disagree if you want but entering a commitment without really experimenting can leave you with an unhappy union; as the high divorce rate nowadays will show you.

But that's besides the point... I'm looking for suggestions not critique.

At 3/4/13 04:12 PM, Austerity wrote: Paternity test or it isn't yours, also adoption > abortion.

I was thinking of pulling this card; but she swears she hasn't slept with anyone else. I might have to press for a test.


Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:26 PM

At 3/4/13 04:20 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
Well this is where I disagree, it's a dick move I agree but
1. I was drunk

And I shot up a school but it was cool cause I was drunk

2. There's no ring on it yet. Look, I know this may come off a brash, and it's certainly fucked me over, but until there's a ring on it there's no solid rule of law that says I can't mess around a bit before I settle down. You can disagree if you want but entering a commitment without really experimenting can leave you with an unhappy union; as the high divorce rate nowadays will show you.

"I love my girlfriend with all my heart which is why i'm not satisfied with our relationship"

But that's besides the point... I'm looking for suggestions not critique.

How about you stop justifying your dick-up and find out if the kid is yours like an adult.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:30 PM

At 3/4/13 04:20 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Well this is where I disagree, it's a dick move I agree but
1. I was drunk

That is literally the worst excuse ever and if what you say below is true, it doesn't matter really because you would have done it sober too.

2. There's no ring on it yet. Look, I know this may come off a brash, and it's certainly fucked me over, but until there's a ring on it there's no solid rule of law that says I can't mess around a bit before I settle down. You can disagree if you want but entering a commitment without really experimenting can leave you with an unhappy union; as the high divorce rate nowadays will show you.

The fact that you call her your girlfriend is enough Also, if it's not a big deal why can't she know about it? You claim there is no ring on it so what's the big deal?


.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:37 PM

At 3/4/13 04:18 PM, T3XT wrote: You deserve it for not using a rubber

I don't see why everyone stereotypically always pins this kind of thing on a man. I mean, where was her responsibility in using birth control? For all I know she was looking for a man to trap like this. Why else would she be so belligerent in getting rid of it.

At 3/4/13 04:26 PM, Jester wrote: How about you stop justifying your dick-up and find out if the kid is yours like an adult.

I think you skipped my post where I said I was doing this. I dunno, try not to come of as a bitter friend zone type if you're going to post here.

At 3/4/13 04:30 PM, Zachary wrote: The fact that you call her your girlfriend is enough Also, if it's not a big deal why can't she know about it? You claim there is no ring on it so what's the big deal?

"If it's not a big deal..."- Simple. Through my experimenting I haven't found anyone better than her.

Look you can say what you want but I'm not the kind of guy who would be furious at her for doing the same thing. I would never do that to her without a willingness to forgive her for doing it as well.

As for hiding it, that's simple. Because, while I think she would forgive me for messing around, I fear she will leave me if there is a child.

And as I have said before, I'm looking for suggestions, not hindsight.


Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:40 PM

Insert text here.


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:42 PM

lol have fun

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:43 PM

Kick her really her in her stomach

That should take care of the problem


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Gamer
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:43 PM

Let the pregnant girl know that you aren't going to stay with her and that you'll just pay child support. Otherwise, she can't actually make you do anything else. You agree to pay her X amount a month and she leaves you alone. I suggest you tell your girlfriend. She'll probably break up with you, but hey, that's what you deserve.


Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:44 PM

At 3/4/13 04:37 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/4/13 04:18 PM, T3XT wrote: You deserve it for not using a rubber
I don't see why everyone stereotypically always pins this kind of thing on a man. I mean, where was her responsibility in using birth control? For all I know she was looking for a man to trap like this. Why else would she be so belligerent in getting rid of it.

At 3/4/13 04:26 PM, Jester wrote: How about you stop justifying your dick-up and find out if the kid is yours like an adult.
I think you skipped my post where I said I was doing this. I dunno, try not to come of as a bitter friend zone type if you're going to post here.

At 3/4/13 04:30 PM, Zachary wrote: The fact that you call her your girlfriend is enough Also, if it's not a big deal why can't she know about it? You claim there is no ring on it so what's the big deal?
"If it's not a big deal..."- Simple. Through my experimenting I haven't found anyone better than her.

Look you can say what you want but I'm not the kind of guy who would be furious at her for doing the same thing. I would never do that to her without a willingness to forgive her for doing it as well.

As for hiding it, that's simple. Because, while I think she would forgive me for messing around, I fear she will leave me if there is a child.

And as I have said before, I'm looking for suggestions, not hindsight.

Would you expect her to go around fucking guys because she "isn't married"? Generally, when you call someone your girlfriend or boyfriend, you don't expect them to be involved emotionally or sexually with another person. By your logic you are basing your relationship off of sex. That's a mistake from the beginning and you won't ever find a partner. Not only that, but you trying to justify your mistake just makes you come off as an even bigger loser than you already have made yourself out to be.

Sometimes the truth is hard to hear, huh?

.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:48 PM

At 3/4/13 04:37 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
I think you skipped my post where I said I was doing this.

No, I read it, but "I was thinking of pulling this card" doesn't sound very serious; especially when you're urging this girl to abort a baby that might not be yours.

I dunno, try not to come of as a bitter friend zone type if you're going to post here.

I cherish your advice

somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:50 PM

What the hell is a matter with you? Obviously, You don't deserve to have that girl. Second, "Im drunk", thats your excuse? Shut the fuck up. Just...just shut the fuck up. In the rare event that I get piss drunk, I still have enough common sense not to cheat on my girlfriend. I'm glad that ruined your life.

Seriously, I know I'm over reacting, but you call this girl your "girlfriend". But enough with criticism, Here's my advice

1.Tell your girlfriend
2. Accept her dumping you, since you are obviously a dirtier douchebag then the one your mom uses.
3. Accept the baby
4. Get a fucking job.


Thumbs up if you...oh wait, i have a life.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:51 PM

At 3/4/13 04:44 PM, Zachary wrote: Would you expect her to go around fucking guys because she "isn't married"? Generally, when you call someone your girlfriend or boyfriend, you don't expect them to be involved emotionally or sexually with another person. By your logic you are basing your relationship off of sex. That's a mistake from the beginning and you won't ever find a partner. Not only that, but you trying to justify your mistake just makes you come off as an even bigger loser than you already have made yourself out to be.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I understand where you're coming from but you're just dwelling on 'what I did.' I need to find a solution for now.


Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:52 PM

I'm listening.

I got a girl pregnant


BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:52 PM

If you just ignore all your problems, they'll all go away

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:55 PM

here is the bet way to go about it: tell her she's got 2 options Abortion (heaven forbid) or Adoption. if she chooses either tell her you will sign your parental rights away (means no child support at the cost of custody) and she can raise the thing on her own.

its the best way to salvage what ya got

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:55 PM

You have to kill her.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:57 PM

If this is true, you're a cunt, and I hope your girlfriend leaves you, she deserves better than you, saying "There's no ring on it yet. Look, I know this may come off a brash, and it's certainly fucked me over, but until there's a ring on it there's no solid rule of law that says I can't mess around a bit before I settle down." is completely disgusting of you, what the fuck is the point of being in a relationship if there's no commitment what so ever? You may as well just fuck random girls without calling yourself someones boyfriend, I am personally glad your dick has caught up with you, and dropped you into a load of shit, and for the record, the "I was drunk" excuse is terrible. You're also pretty selfish with your claim that this will "ruin your life", have you thought about how this girl feels? Or how your child will feel? Seriously man, you've fucked up big time, you deserve no sympathy for your actions what so ever, and it's time for you to tell your girlfriend you've fucked up, do not come and ask us how you are going to get out of this, you do not deserve to get out of this.

Also, yes, you've pissed me off to some degree, I'm not overly sure why, but you've succeeded in doing so.

I got a girl pregnant


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:57 PM

At 3/4/13 04:51 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Now you're putting words in my mouth. I understand where you're coming from but you're just dwelling on 'what I did.' I need to find a solution for now.

How are you supposed to fix this? The only way to solve a situation like this is to not get into it in the first place, which isnt hard and is too late to do.

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:59 PM

At 3/4/13 04:55 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: here is the bet way to go about it: tell her she's got 2 options Abortion (heaven forbid) or Adoption. if she chooses either tell her you will sign your parental rights away (means no child support at the cost of custody) and she can raise the thing on her own.

its the best way to salvage what ya got

Finally, thank you for the solid advice. I hadn't thought about that; I will bring that idea up and see how it goes.

At 3/4/13 04:56 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: The only thing you are going to get is criticism and suggestion you already thought of. No one here is going to be able to give you the right words to say. You are on your own in finding a solution.

Read the above post. Posting online his it's fill of useless posts but there's always something worth salvaging.

At 3/4/13 04:50 PM, somespammer224 wrote: 4. Get a fucking job.

I do have a part time job, I'd work full time but I play lead guitar in my band and playing at shows takes a lot of time from me.


Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 05:00 PM

At 3/4/13 04:51 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/4/13 04:44 PM, Zachary wrote: Would you expect her to go around fucking guys because she "isn't married"? Generally, when you call someone your girlfriend or boyfriend, you don't expect them to be involved emotionally or sexually with another person. By your logic you are basing your relationship off of sex. That's a mistake from the beginning and you won't ever find a partner. Not only that, but you trying to justify your mistake just makes you come off as an even bigger loser than you already have made yourself out to be.
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I understand where you're coming from but you're just dwelling on 'what I did.' I need to find a solution for now.

Except i'm not, you said "Through my experimenting I haven't found anyone better than her.". Basing off of you saying "You can disagree if you want but entering a commitment without really experimenting can leave you with an unhappy union; as the high divorce rate nowadays will show you.", you are saying that by having sex you haven't found anyone who was better than her.

You are in this situation because of your own stupidity. The only thing you can do is deal with it unless you want to continue to sneak around and dig yourself further into a hole. By not telling her you are being selfish because you know that if you did she would dump you and find someone better than you (which doesn't sound like it would be too hard).

Like I said before, the truth hurts.


.

BBS Signature
Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 05:00 PM

At 3/4/13 04:59 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/4/13 04:50 PM, somespammer224 wrote: 4. Get a fucking job.
I do have a part time job, I'd work full time but I play lead guitar in my band and playing at shows takes a lot of time from me.

Then leave the fucking band! Are you dense?


BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I got a girl pregnant Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 05:02 PM

At 3/4/13 04:59 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
I do have a part time job, I'd work full time but I play lead guitar in my band and playing at shows takes a lot of time from me.

Holy hell you are a walking cliche