New Topic Respond to this Topic
MidoriKatsu
MidoriKatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Help! 2013-03-04 05:45:16 Reply

Would somebody take the time to teach me some flash skills and send me a link to good but affordable drawing tablets?
I really want to start creating rather than just posting on BBS.

I have cancer on my anus. Should I see my gynecologist?

BBS Signature
Akle
Akle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Art Lover
Response to Help! 2013-03-04 06:58:24 Reply

good but affordable drawing tablets?

Depends what affordable means to you, I suggest the wacom bamboo capture its 100 dollars and you should be able top work with it, it has sufficient specs and the only problem is that you may find it small.

You can always opt for an intuos small, its almost double the price but much better performance.

In general wacom release great products the issue is how much you're ready to invest. If you are going to be using this frequently I wold go for the intuos, if your only testing the water, Bamboo is good enough.

It is not the tools you have, its how you use them!

-A-

-A-

Akle
Akle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Art Lover
Response to Help! 2013-03-04 07:04:08 Reply

In the mean time, grab a pencil or pen and start sketching and get some foundation building up, I don't think you will be able to use a graphics tablet well enough if you arn't capable of using a pencil and paper.

You should always start from the classical methods and then venture into what ever you want. Just to have a solid background and so you won't be disappointed with the cost of the tablet.

Oh and Patience, practice and experimentation are key, and use this new found hobby to relax and enjoy yourself don't change it into something frustrating by forcing yourself. So first draw and animate things you like most and don't get discouraged by the negative reviews take them as criticism and build upon what you know. Slowly but surely

-A-

thekiwi
thekiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Help! 2013-03-05 05:00:44 Reply

At 3/4/13 05:45 AM, MidoriKatsu wrote: Would somebody take the time to teach me some flash skills and send me a link to good but affordable drawing tablets?
I really want to start creating rather than just posting on BBS.

Well let me tell my story of how I started animating, Maybe it helps out.

I started typing "animation tutorial" on newgrounds and deviantart back in 2007 I have literary watch every single on of them and practiced what they where showing.

I started weird enough with sprite tutorials and I tried to copy stickman animations.

What I do now is I watch a complicated animation in frame by frame to learn some styles en techniques.

Also I recommend reading animator's survival kit its a real eye opener on animation and flow.

Also for a starting tablet:
I have a small bamboo tablet.
similar tablet:
LINK

Subscribe the piss out of me. Youtube