BBS Signature
LafyKid
LafyKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 12:38:27 Reply

This may just be a personal thing but I don't like the fact that there is no goddamn character development, there are almost never any episodes where the characters learn something worthwhile and keep it with them for the rest of the show and when there are episodes with emotions and feelings and the like, it never actually sticks, there are no consequences, there are no groundbreaking realizations, just back to the same old joking shit.

Look at Futurama, there are so many worthwhile plots in that show that actually makes viewers feel things and along with laugh, it is something that makes the characters reflect on their actions and what happened in that week's episode but doesn't ruin it with some dry ass joke. Luck of the Fry, Jurassic Bark, and Love and Rocket to name a few.

Dawcio510
Dawcio510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 12:39:45 Reply

At 3/3/13 12:11 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I can understand why they do about season 6 and 7, but season 1-5 were (mostly) memoriable, but yet some people act like the whole show is terrible, and only retarded people like it, plus, the newer episodes from what I've seen of seasons 9 and 10 aren't half bad either, it's not that horrible people.

I really loved Family Guy, but season 6 and 7 was a bit retarded, just humour wasn't like in before seasons :l

"I fapped to this topic."
- Razeroath.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 12:40:22 Reply

I hated them the moment they turned to Kanye Twitty to fill in show time. It broke the flow of the episode and they did it multiple times.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 12:43:55 Reply

At 3/9/13 12:42 PM, Cherry wrote:
At 3/9/13 12:40 PM, sweet21 wrote: Kanye Twitty

It's so forgettable and frustratingly awful I don't even remember his name. I would have minded it if it was good music, and it only stuck around for like 30 seconds.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 21:13:10 Reply

At 3/9/13 11:43 AM, Chemich wrote:

it's asking why in general people don't like family guy so i gave a very general answer,watching ed edd n eddie is very hipster

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 21:14:40 Reply

It's an annoying show dude, childish.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 21:28:19 Reply

At 3/9/13 09:13 PM, captainlolz wrote:
it's asking why in general people don't like family guy so i gave a very general answer,

Yes, you generalized, and in a stupid way. Lots of people who don't like it are liberal or not conservative, not hipster, and don't let South Park do their thinking for them.

watching ed edd n eddie is very hipster

No, it's nostalgic.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 21:43:28 Reply

At 3/9/13 09:28 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

because hipsters don't like retro things.

this thread is about hate not dislike

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Schizo-Sephy
Schizo-Sephy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 22:06:17 Reply

Because it shove liberal ideals down it's viewers throats.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-09 23:18:56 Reply

At 3/9/13 10:06 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: Because it shove liberal ideals down it's viewers throats.

Exactly, it wasn't like that in the early season until Seth MacFarlane decides to become a dick out his beliefs. Brian used to be a reasonable character until Seth went a bit too far on using him as his own spokesdog.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-10 00:03:10 Reply

I think I've identified when the show started to turn. The Star Wars specials. The first one was made by Star Wars fans eager to cover the material. The second one more of an even mix of the two, for better or worse. The third one was made by people who have Star Wars set pieces imposed on them and then they just did Family Guy material. That's an act of ego.
Also I think the jabs at Seth Green were coming from a meaner place. Yes, ribbing is a thing between comics. They did it in the earlier specials that I liked. But this was just "You've been in nothing successful and you're a Jew."

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-10 07:02:58 Reply

I don't outright hate the show, but it tends to frequently employ all of the laziest and most tiresome forms of "humor" around: pop cultural references devoid of an actual joke, random graphic violence or scatology, "jokes" based entirely around shock or offense, callbacks to worn out running gags they've already done a thousand times, and worst of all, anti-humor that lets them get away with killing time by repeating the same thing over and over again or doing nothing at all (this would be fine if the show understood how to properly time a "rake joke," but they don't).

Also, the characters are all mean-spirited, vile people who hate each other, but unlike other sitcoms with similar character dynamics like Curb Your Enthusiasm or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Family Guy tries to have its cake and eat it too by tossing in totally incongruous and unearned serious moments and "issue" episodes where we're supposed to care about these people, because Seth McFarlane has delusions of being the second coming of Norman Lear.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-10 11:31:23 Reply

At 3/9/13 12:38 PM, tha-chiller wrote: The Cleveland Show is massive shit

I know. I thought it would be an interesting idea to show Cleveland's family, but his son looks completely different than how he was in the show and he has a new wife. The only reason Cleveland's son looks different and he has a new family is because his new family resembles that of the Griffin family. What is the point in making a spinoff if the characters are just going to be like those from the source material?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-10 11:41:25 Reply

At 3/3/13 02:47 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: I'm not saying it was a direct rip-off jackass. I'm saying that much of what is seen in Family Guy, like the cut away gags, and making fun of like The Brady Bunch, Wonder Years, and other old TV shows was something my friend and I did way before the show. And we did it in pretty much the same way.

Dude you and your friend are so mainstream now. You should like, be an original, man.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-10 11:44:32 Reply

At 3/9/13 09:13 PM, captainlolz wrote:
it's asking why in general people don't like family guy so i gave a very general answer,watching ed edd n eddie is very hipster

bahaha you're such a tool

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Selren02k
Selren02k
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-10 12:34:35 Reply

The Cleveland show show is much more dull. I can't understand how anyone could watch that show

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 14:00:38 Reply

At 3/9/13 09:43 PM, captainlolz wrote:
At 3/9/13 09:28 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
because hipsters don't like retro things.

Because you have to be a hipster to watch cartoons you liked when you were a kid.

this thread is about hate not dislike

Yeah, and lots of people who hate the show don't fit your generalization.

Shit of the dip variety, you are.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 14:24:24 Reply

meg grifin her to pull a skeem hehehhe

why do people hate family guy so mu

original I am.

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 14:30:52 Reply

I liked the first two seasons when I was younger, but everything after that has always seemed pointlessly stupid to me. I find the humor completely unamusing and the characters loathsome.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 14:38:59 Reply

I remember them calling attention to Brian's dickishness in an episode where he tries to figure out why Quagmire hates him so much and he eventually just blows up in his face and gives him the brutal truth.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 14:43:06 Reply

At 3/13/13 02:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I remember them calling attention to Brian's dickishness in an episode where he tries to figure out why Quagmire hates him so much and he eventually just blows up in his face and gives him the brutal truth.

The episodes where they try to be serious are admirable. It shows the writers aren't complete tards, just wish they would incorporate more of that.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 14:56:10 Reply

At 3/13/13 02:43 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 3/13/13 02:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I remember them calling attention to Brian's dickishness in an episode where he tries to figure out why Quagmire hates him so much and he eventually just blows up in his face and gives him the brutal truth.
The episodes where they try to be serious are admirable. It shows the writers aren't complete tards, just wish they would incorporate more of that.

It's uneven, though. They'll treat one issue completely seriously, then make light of something that's more serious.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 15:01:03 Reply

At 3/3/13 01:31 PM, Lemonardo wrote: PETER: Hey Stewie!
STEWIE: What?
PETER: Jews.
(raucous laughter)

PETER: Hey Brian!
STEWIE: What?
PETER: OJ Simpson.
(audience shit themselves in laughter, they laughs becoming waves of white noise)

PETER: Hey Lois!
LOIS: What?
PETER: Child rape.
(shit and piss are now flowing out of every orifice of the audience; the waves of excrement propel the audience into the air, where they float, their arms flailing ever more uncontrollably until they eventually rip out and glide across the room)

This, This is the reason I prefer American Dad over Family guy any day of the week, what I don't understand though, is how can american dad be doing so well, when family guy was absolute shit, even being written by the same writer.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 15:06:29 Reply

At 3/13/13 03:01 PM, Kanon wrote: This, This is the reason I prefer American Dad over Family guy any day of the week, what I don't understand though, is how can american dad be doing so well, when family guy was absolute shit, even being written by the same writer.

I think it's written by different people. I'm not sure, but I think Seth only had a big part in the writing of the pilot and the other writers took over from there.

Either way, I don't care for American Dad. Family Guy has its moments, though.

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 15:09:49 Reply

Family Guy takes itself too seriously and uses too much filler now.
The cutaways used to be more like magazine cartoons that somewhat fit the scenario. Now they're interchangeable. I imagine they have a surplus of 200+ pre animated cutaway gags they mix with 1 or 2 original ones they made for the episode. Seth has gotten too preachy too. The lessons used to mock how bad sitcoms use stupid obvious lessons. Now it uses stupid obvious lessons seriously like a bad sitcom. It also gives mixed messages.
The episode I like to reference is the Thanksgiving one where Joe's son Kevin comes back. It's trying to be serious but then they make a joke when Kevin tells how he survoved that there was a bomb in a cake and a soldier wanted the bomb on his piece. It's this bad joke ruining any humor or sadness they tried to establish.
Overall it's trying too hard now.
Like the Simpsons.

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 17:08:14 Reply

Its overrated and the older ones have been repeated to death and the show should just die now.

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 21:33:06 Reply

The problem I have with Family Guy is that overall, the writing is poorly crafted. It has its funny moments, but since the jokes are almost entirely one-offs that don't actually relate to the plot of the episode, there's rarely a real "payoff" moment. They don't even have jokes that are set up early on and then delivered on later in the episode, each show just feels like a bunch of ideas for jokes that they animated, then strung together with a barely cohesive story.

icecreammac
icecreammac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-13 23:57:03 Reply

At 3/13/13 03:09 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: The episode I like to reference is the Thanksgiving one where Joe's son Kevin comes back. It's trying to be serious but then they make a joke when Kevin tells how he survoved that there was a bomb in a cake and a soldier wanted the bomb on his piece. It's this bad joke ruining any humor or sadness they tried to establish.

Let's not forget the episode where Meg was abducted by sex traffickers. That's supposed to be a deadly serious topic, but Brian and Stewie make jokes every 5 minutes and don't take things seriously at all. It was a terrible episode and I refuse to watch it anymore.

If a tree falls down in a forest, and no one's around to hear it, does anyone care whether or not it makes a sound?

JRob
JRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to why do people hate family guy so mu 2013-03-14 00:42:06 Reply

We all know South Park > Family Guy.

Family Guy has had its moments, but the "humor" is often too random and out of place at times that it ruins the joke. It also has obvious political bias as opposed to South Park, which Stone and Parker use to ridicule the side that can't take a joke and tends to get extremely anal towards someone with opposing views (which currently describes liberals). Although South Park makes its writers' political views extremely obvious, it's coming from a middle-ground (the more logical) perspective on politics.

Basically, Family Guy has an agenda, South Park has an agenda to cause massive amounts of butthurt.

4:08 PM - Detective Prince: why does it matter HOW MANY of a thing you've watched
4:09 PM - Nor // [Loli]: Anime is a fucking sport

BBS Signature