What’s inside this box? A lot of puzzles! Can you solve all 30?4.08 / 5.00 13,764 Views
Use the mouse to navigate menus and to queue and cancel robot actions.3.73 / 5.00 4,455 Views
Made for the Adventure Jam 2016!3.77 / 5.00 5,835 Views
- Veteran Newgrounds artist and animator Bill Premo (Newgrounds username BPremo) is in need of your music!
- He is very much interested in using music that could be described as "8-bit", "chiptune", or even "videogame" in his next big flash project, as yet un-named.
- Here are some examples of music similar to what Bill is looking for:
- You are also allowed to submit songs that aren't strictly 8-bit but still portray a strong video game element / feel, such as this example:
- Bill wants to draw TO YOUR MUSIC, so the general tone / mood will be left to you. However, you have the option to compose as close as you wish to THIS plot chart that Bill has kindly provided:
- Songs ideally should be 2 to 3 minutes in length.
- Collabs are allowed in this contest. You are allowed to collab with ONE OTHER PERSON ONLY. Be sure to provide correct credit details in your project pages. Prize credits awarded will be split evenly between the two collaborators if their song is one of the winners.
- No copyrighted samples. This is rather obvious and self-explanatory. Be sure to also check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the Newgrounds Audio Portal.
- Submissions must not contain material offensive in nature.
- No covers or remixes. All melodies contained in your submission must be composed ENTIRELY by yourself. Songs must be NEWLY COMPOSED and created for this competition.
- Each competitor or collaborative pair may submit only ONE song for this contest.
- Please submit your entry using your regular Newgrounds account only, not an ALT. Submissions from non-Newgrounds accounts (such as Soundcloud, Bandcamp) will not be accepted for this contest.
- Winners of this contest will be required to fill out the payment / address information in their Newgrounds account settings in order to receive Newgrounds Store credit and/or any other prize packages.
- And of course, Have fun!
From now until Friday March 29th 11:59 PM EST:
Submissions will be accepted
Sunday, March 31st:
The Top 4 winners will be announced.
1st Place: 50 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
2nd Place: 40 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
3rd Place: 30 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
4th Place: 1 week audio feature.
In addition, the first place winner will obviously get their song used in one of Bill Premo's flash animations!
TomFulp - You know, the guy who created Newgrounds
BPremo - Bill Premo, animator and loaf-pincher
Maniacs of Noise - Jeroen Tel, judge and musician
Breed - Michael Breed, judge and musician
ZStriefel - Zach Striefel, judge and musician
BrokenDeck - coffee boy
MAC13 - Jan/Feb Orchestral Theme
MAC12 - Nov/Dec Christmas Theme
MAC12 - March/April Metal Theme
MAC12 - Jan/Feb Orchestral Theme
MAC10 - Ringtones
MAC9 - "Who's your daddy?"
MAC9 - Valentines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!
Just thought i might post a work in progress :3
and hopefully it stands out in some aspect.
(BTW: I hate 8-bit :p Could you tell by listening to this one?)
I went through the work of making the logo, have to post it correctly. lol so just delete the previous post to remove the clutter!
Check out my music at http://gamekrazzyproduction.newgrou nds.com/audio/
This sounds like a lot of fun!
Here is my contribution to the contest. I was going for a more atmospheric feel to it; like a good ol' space shuttle game.
Good luck all!
Composer looking for animators, video game designers - anything, to collaborate with.
1-Bit, bleepola, ZX spectrum. Put that fruity loops away when grown folks is talkin.
The worst thing about these dealers getting children addicted to this new smack, is that these children are ORPHANS. And orphans don't have parents.
Really? no way to edit a post? Lame. Sorry about the double-post. Let's try this again, without messing up the html
Bwoop! Here's my entry. I hope you enjoy it : D
Here's my entry: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/527388
Disregard what it says in the title and description. I kept tryna make a mac-10 joke in my head and it stuck. I'd edit it, but i keep getting "attempt to hydrate deleted element without permission."
here we go. new song, just for this.
Thought I'd jump on the 8-bit video game scene as it looks like fun!
Thanks for the contest, inspired me to try something new!
Here's my submission to the contest. I like Faygo and I like pretty colors, so... Technicolor Faygo.
Voice Demo: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/527175