Be a Supporter!

Mentally retarded countries

  • 3,981 Views
  • 82 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 10:43 AM Reply

Of course, who is to say that those countries don't have different IQ standards? It's kind of like how the United States and Burma (I think) are the only countries that don't use the metric system, but we still trade with them. It might in fact just be a lot lower in those countries and I guess it would be rude to say that our standards were ones that could be set around the world. Unless of course, other countries use the same thing. Anyway, those aren't world powers and they never attack us anyway.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 9th, 2013 @ 06:52 PM Reply

Ahaha this is actually a pretty hilarious idea. Supports the idea that these countries shouldn't be handling weapons of any kind.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 10th, 2013 @ 11:26 AM Reply

None of those countries are even world powers to begin with. Of course, the only really powerful countries in Africa are Egypt and South Africa. We wouldn't have to worry about selling weapons to them because they probably don't have any. Now countries with weapons like North Korea on the other hand...


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SuperDeagle
SuperDeagle
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 10th, 2013 @ 02:39 PM Reply

Pox, weren't you the one who created a thread a while back comparing dick size to iq?
Because I'm having flashbacks..


Wut?

BBS Signature
troubles1
troubles1
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 11th, 2013 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 3/2/13 11:13 PM, poxpower wrote: If anyone cares:
"http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx"

This completely nails the coffin shut as far as any rebuttals go.
You'll find that most rebuttals for this massive amount of data center around cherry-picking studies. "Oh this one study showed this and that".
Yeah well these 1000 others say otherwise. Sad day for you.

I have a buddy who moved from Africa a few years ago I can't wait to tell him the reason he has not beat m

At chess in awhile is not his fault he is just mentally retarded.


BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 12:11 PM Reply

I could have sworn that the IQ for mental retardation was 80, meaning that even South Africa, probably the most influential country in Africa, would qualify. Of course, I just remember that from "Forrest Gump" a movie made in the 1990's and besides, that scene in particular took place in the 1950's or something.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 12:54 PM Reply

iq is made up by middle-aged white men with bald spots, tummy fat and tiny penises. the size of their bald-spots and amount of tummy fat is proportional to their iq and inversely proportional to their penis size. tell me if it's correlation or causation

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

I think the main reason these countries are "mentally retarded" are because they have very poor education if any education at all, plus, even if they do, these people live in places where they have to worry about food, clean water, etc., they're more concerned with trying to survive and pass on their genes rather than teaching themselves how to do advanced algorrhythms.


BBS Signature
TucoM
TucoM
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 06:54 PM Reply

Poland came in the top 25......I guess those jokes aren't so funny any more.


BBS Signature
CiviLies
CiviLies
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 10:25 PM Reply

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, mates, i just got one question:

What does "PC Left" mean? I understand it has something to do with liberals, but, uh....is that all it means? Just slang for liberals?


"Libraries are one of the rare examples of humans getting something completely right"- Gagsy
"People migrate and fall in love, religions come and go." - Anti-Racist Hitler

BBS Signature
thegarbear14
thegarbear14
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 10:58 PM Reply

At 3/16/13 10:25 PM, CiviLies wrote: Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, mates, i just got one question:

What does "PC Left" mean? I understand it has something to do with liberals, but, uh....is that all it means? Just slang for liberals?

Politically correct.


BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 16th, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

well North korea is the Country Personification of the short bus...

SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:23 AM Reply

At 3/16/13 04:16 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I think the main reason these countries are "mentally retarded" are because they have very poor education if any education at all, plus, even if they do, these people live in places where they have to worry about food, clean water, etc., they're more concerned with trying to survive and pass on their genes rather than teaching themselves how to do advanced algorrhythms.

This doesn't explain the high IQs of the Chinese, nor the fact that poor whites perform better academically than rich blacks.

Of course if they had a better environment they would be more intelligent, but you're only looking at the causal relationship one way: maybe they have a shitty environment in the first place due to their low IQs. How could a low-IQ create a wealthy country in the first place?

At 3/6/13 03:48 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Pretty sad when you have to dig deep to find places that are dumber per capita than America LOL.

Americans aren't that dumb when you control for race. Non-asian minorities drag it down a bit; white Americans score around eighth for PISA reading scores, whereas Americans overall score around 20th.

Said places you listed are of the third world because they have been oppressed and subjugated by USA.

Erm...no. Those places have always been absolutely poor, with the exception of Zimbabwe, which was by african historical standards fantastically wealthy when it was known as Rhodesia and run by white people. Of course, when the blacks took over and it became Zimbabwe, it took a dramatic turn for the worse.


BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:41 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:46 PM, Cynical-Charlotte wrote: I have refrained from posting in this topic because I am having difficulty understanding your point. Are you are simply being redundant in saying people who aren't educated by Western standards score lower by Western standards?

Chinese, Japanese and Korean people score higher...by western standards!

There goes that theory.

If you are somehow suggesting that intelligence is based on "race", you would be so inexplicably wrong it almost makes your entire argument an extremely humorous satirical theory (albeit nine decades too late).

Your incredulity is not a valid argument.

To believe something along these lines would require complete exclusion of more significant factors - particularly of the environments and cultures in question - in addition to the dismissal of a century's-worth contradicting evidence. Your total lack of knowledge of even the most elementary forms of anthropology, biology, and history would be blatantly obvious under this premise.

Wow that sounds impressive and all but you're not really explaining anything concretely beyond "africa is a shitty place ot live".

As depicted by the graphs below, many African countries are on par with, or just slightly below east-asian ones.

The majority of them are well below, and the fact there are so many SS-African countries makes those with comparable survival rates entirely marginal.

And its an entirely stupid argument, because there are a number of factors that influence survival rate, IQ not necessarily being a particularly important one (and no one here claimed it was).

If you would like a little more information on why the areas you listed are in such dire situations (no, not their skin color)

Nobody has ever said that skin color CAUSES low IQs. Skin color is a proxy for racial ancestry, which undeniably impacts race.

I would invite you to do 10 minutes worth of research; unless, of course, you have no intention of learning about the world and would much rather retain your idiotic views:

1. Casue and effect: Why is it that low IQ countries all just happen to be plagued by these terrible problems? Could it be possible that the cause and effect works in reverse? Maybe part of the reason there's so much political turmoil and violence is related to the reason they have low IQs.

2. Chinese are overwhelmingly poorer than the average white American and yet score higher IQs. Poor white kids score higher than rich black kids. Thanks for playing, have a safe drive home.

IQ, in addition to anything beyond pure, biological attributes have absolutely nothing to do with "race", and anyone who believes the contrary is still living in pre-WWII ideologies.

Ideologies. The fact that there are ideological differences between now and a century does nothing to invalidate racial explanations of IQ differences.

Moreover, the term "race" is a highly inadequate description of humans due to its scientific ambiguity. A simple learning on genetics should make this obvious.

Not really, especially considering how well things align within racial boundaries such as income, crime, IQ, academic achievement etc

Oh and geneticists are able to determine people's self-identified race with almost perfect precision on the basis of a DNA sample.

Thus, its use is very much discouraged in the educated anthropologic and biologic world. Simply utilizing "race" as a variable in any serious discussion automatically discredits your position.

Uh, no, it doesn't. If race is taken to mean ethnic ancestry, then its an entirely useful concept considering how IQ is distributed differently on the basis of race.


BBS Signature
Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Writer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:35 PM Reply

SadisticMonkey:

I strongly recommend that you watch the lecture by Hans Rosling, whom I referenced. The video can be found here - it's a mere 20 minutes long. While the subject matter is more broad than simply education, I hope you will find that educational systems (and, therefore, the populations average intelligence) is directly dependent upon more critical issues such as nutrition, safety, and governmental stability.

Rosling's presentation focuses on statistical averages of certain regions (including African), and dissects those statistics not only to specify which areas affect the numbers most prevalently, but also to illustrate why data-gathering must be carried out within the fullest context of each subject (contrary to previous, outdated methods of study). The most striking of these, for me, were the disproportionate wealth distribution cases - which (obviously?) has a tremendous impact on health care and education.

After you have listened to the speech, I would encourage you to develop a more sound argument - meaning, one which contains a bit more sustenance than mildly relevant, take-my-word-for-it statements. Once you have done so, I will be delighted to discuss the topic with you! Otherwise, I have no interest in even attempting to rectify your preconceived notions of anthropologic study.

Thanks for understanding!


"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
Athena9
Athena9
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 3/4/13 01:30 AM, poxpower wrote:
But for some reason, the notion that groups of humans could be smarter than other groups is crazy?

Yes because to me, that sounds like an excuse for conquest and racism.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:55 PM Reply

Oh what the hell, I can't help myself.

At 3/22/13 07:23 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote: This doesn't explain the high IQs of the Chinese,

Not even Lynn can vouch for this:

"In the years since the Second World War, Asian Americans-especially those of Chinese and Japanese extraction-have compiled an outstanding record of academic and professional achievement. This record is reflected in school grades, in scores on content-oriented achievement tests like the SAT and GRE, and especially in the disproportionate representation of Asian Americans in many sciences and professions. Although it is often supposed that these achievements reflect correspondingly high intelligence test scores, this is not the case. In more than a dozen studies from the 1960s and 1970s analyzed by Flynn (1991), the mean IQs of Japanese and Chinese American children were always around 97 or 98; none was over 100. Even Lynn (1993), who argues for a slightly higher figure, concedes that the achievements of these Asian Americans far outstrip what might have been expected on the basis of their test scores.

It may be worth noting that the interpretation of test scores obtained by Asians in Asia has been controversial in its own right. Lynn (1982) reported a mean Japanese IQ of 111 while Flynn (1991) estimated it to be between 101 and 105. (Stevenson et al. 1985), comparing the intelligence-test performance of children in Japan, Taiwan, and the United States, found no substantive differences at all. Given the general problems of cross-cultural comparison, there is no reason to expect precision or stability in such estimates. Nevertheless, some interest attaches to these particular comparisons: they show that the well-established differences in school achievement among the same three groups (Chinese and Japanese children are much better at math than American children) do not simply reflect differences in psychometric intelligence. Stevenson, Lee, and Stigler (1986) suggest that they result from structural differences in the schools of the three nations as well as from varying cultural attitudes toward learning itself. It is also possible that spatial ability-in which Japanese and Chinese obtain somewhat higher scores than Americans-plays a particular role in the learning of mathematics.

One interesting way to assess the achievements of Chinese and Japanese Americans is to reverse the usual direction of prediction. Data from the 1980 census show that the proportion of Chinese Americans employed in managerial, professional, or technical occupations was 55% and that of Japanese was 46%. (For Whites, the corresponding figure was 34%.) Using the well-established correlation between intelligence test scores and occupational level, Flynn (1991, p. 99) calculated the mean IQ that a hypothetical White group "would have to have" to predict the same proportions of upper-level employment. He found that the occupational success of these Chinese Americans-whose mean IQ was in fact slightly below 100-was what would be expected of a White group with an IQ of almost 120! A similar calculation for Japanese Americans shows that their level of achievement matched that of Whites averaging 110. These "over-achievements" serve as sharp reminders of the limitations of IQ-based prediction. Various aspects of Chinese American and Japanese American culture surely contribute to them (Schneider, Hieshima, Lee, & Plank, 1994); gene-based temperamental factors could conceivably be playing a role as well (Freedman & Freedman, 1969)."

Aaaand...

"Flynn brings a similar precision to the question of whether Asians have a genetic advantage in I.Q., a possibility that has led to great excitement among I.Q. fundamentalists in recent years. Data showing that the Japanese had higher I.Q.s than people of European descent, for example, prompted the British psychometrician and eugenicist Richard Lynn to concoct an elaborate evolutionary explanation involving the Himalayas, really cold weather, premodern hunting practices, brain size, and specialized vowel sounds. The fact that the I.Q.s of Chinese-Americans also seemed to be elevated has led I.Q. fundamentalists to posit the existence of an international I.Q. pyramid, with Asians at the top, European whites next, and Hispanics and blacks at the bottom.

Here was a question tailor-made for James Flynn's accounting skills. He looked first at Lynn's data, and realized that the comparison was skewed. Lynn was comparing American I.Q. estimates based on a representative sample of schoolchildren with Japanese estimates based on an upper-income, heavily urban sample. Recalculated, the Japanese average came in not at 106.6 but at 99.2. Then Flynn turned his attention to the Chinese-American estimates. They turned out to be based on a 1975 study in San Francisco's Chinatown using something called the Lorge-Thorndike Intelligence Test. But the Lorge-Thorndike test was normed in the nineteen-fifties. For children in the nineteen-seventies, it would have been a piece of cake. When the Chinese-American scores were reassessed using up-to-date intelligence metrics, Flynn found, they came in at 97 verbal and 100 nonverbal. Chinese-Americans had slightly lower I.Q.s than white Americans.

The Asian-American success story had suddenly been turned on its head. The numbers now suggested, Flynn said, that they had succeeded not because of their higher I.Q.s. but despite their lower I.Q.s. Asians were overachievers. In a nifty piece of statistical analysis, Flynn then worked out just how great that overachievement was. Among whites, virtually everyone who joins the ranks of the managerial, professional, and technical occupations has an I.Q. of 97 or above. Among Chinese-Americans, that threshold is 90. A Chinese-American with an I.Q. of 90, it would appear, does as much with it as a white American with an I.Q. of 97.

There should be no great mystery about Asian achievement. It has to do with hard work and dedication to higher education, and belonging to a culture that stresses professional success. But Flynn makes one more observation. The children of that first successful wave of Asian-Americans really did have I.Q.s that were higher than everyone else's-coming in somewhere around 103. Having worked their way into the upper reaches of the occupational scale, and taken note of how much the professions value abstract thinking, Asian-American parents have evidently made sure that their own children wore scientific spectacles. "Chinese Americans are an ethnic group for whom high achievement preceded high I.Q. rather than the reverse," Flynn concludes, reminding us that in our discussions of the relationship between I.Q. and success we often confuse causes and effects. "It is not easy to view the history of their achievements without emotion," he writes. That is exactly right. To ascribe Asian success to some abstract number is to trivialize it."

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 3/22/13 07:23 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote: nor the fact that poor whites perform better academically than rich blacks.

You're gonna have to give a source for this. Even if the data supports this, it's irrelevant to your argument. There is no real correlation between genetics and test scores, whereas there is a shitload of correlation between poverty and test scores. That's why we have trailer trash as well as ghetto trash, as well as stupid peasants and so on. Black people, on average, are more poor, and that's why their scores are lower on average. But poor people exist in every population and across every "racial" demographic.
Poor people are forced, through circumstance, to learn less academic stuff, but what you find instead is that they become gifted at the things they do learn. Scientists have studied people who would fail most IQ tests, but become extremely good at math just through their job experience. Bookies calculating detailed horse race statistics in their heads, for example.

Some scientists argue that athletic ability is a form of intelligence because it requires a large deal of mental focus to coordinate your movements in a precise and efficient manner. So if you spent your entire life playing basketball or dancing ballet, that's where your intelligence would be trained and focused. It's all about social influence. Genetics are irrelevant.

Of course if they had a better environment they would be more intelligent, but you're only looking at the causal relationship one way: maybe they have a shitty environment in the first place due to their low IQs. How could a low-IQ create a wealthy country in the first place?

I'd love to see an article linking wealth and heredity of intelligence.

Americans aren't that dumb when you control for race. Non-asian minorities drag it down a bit; white Americans score around eighth for PISA reading scores, whereas Americans overall score around 20th.

First, some useful document numbers for getting your own copy of the government reports on the data and information about the tests used:

TIMSS -- NCES 2005-005 -- International comparison of math and science, norm based, scored from 0-1000 with mean defined at 500 and SD at 100.
PISA -- NCES 2005-003 -- International comparison of math, science, reading, and problem solving, norm based, scored from 0-1000 with mean defined at 500 and SD at 100.
NAES Trends -- NCES 2005-464 -- National comparison of trends in reading, science and math, standards based, scored from 0-500. All age groups use the same scale, so 250 for a 9 year old is good, while for a 17 year old, it is very deficient. Furthermore, some test questions are retained between years to calibrate the tests, so there is no major difference in difficulty between years.

Education in the US shows a very strong correlation between income and student scores when measured at all levels. Schools in districts with wealthier families tend to have higher budgets due to greater property tax revenues and much better scores than poorer districts. According to scores from the 2003 TIMSS, students from schools where fewer than 10% of students were eligible for reduced price lunches (A metric for poverty) were typically world-class, beating almost every country in science, and every non-East Asian country in mathematics. The schools where 90% of students were eligible tended to rate among the worst European and best Third World countries. Schools in between tended to have scores in between. The other tests show very similar results, although America's overall scores are lower in PISA. The high educational spending per capita and not pushing the US far past the East Asian countries seems to imply that a point of diminishing returns is quickly reached. That is, increasing funding in the worst off school districts will have more of an effect than across-the-board funding increases. You'd have to demonstrate that the lack of funding in areas afflicted with high poverty rates and low tax income is a red herring, but that race is the real issue here.

Erm...no. Those places have always been absolutely poor, with the exception of Zimbabwe, which was by african historical standards fantastically wealthy when it was known as Rhodesia and run by white people. Of course, when the blacks took over and it became Zimbabwe, it took a dramatic turn for the worse.

There's no question that the country went to hell in a hand basket after the British were effectively kicked out, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they're black:

"Now, the authors' conclusions won't be new to those who follow Zimbabwe closely. After all, several others, including New York Times Johannesburg correspondent Lydia Polgreen (on a reporting trip to Johannesburg) as well as separately, the researchers Ian Scoones and Blasio Mavedzenge have come to similar conclusions in the aftermath of fast track land reform in the country. These journalists and researchers all assert that it is unfair to condemn the fast-track land redistribution in Zimbabwe given that agricultural production has increased substantially over the course of the past decade. A few weeks ago, The Guardian's Jonathan Steele argues that Mugabe-phobia has obscured the good news from Zimbabwe and that the outside world has been reluctant to give credit where credit is due despite evidence of success in rural areas throughout the country."

I'm not so naive as to think these land reforms were overall a good thing for the country, but I'm also not so naive as to blame one single factor:

"As a reaction to the fast-track land reform the United States government put the Zimbabwean government on a credit freeze in 2001 through the Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act of 2001 (specifically Section 4C titled Multilateral Financing Restriction), which collapsed the trade surplus in 2002. Where there was a trade surplus of $322 million in 2001, in 2002 the credit freeze led to a trade deficit of $18 million, to grow rapidly in subsequent years." [source]

"Tabeth Gorovo (centre in the photo), sitting proudly in her round Shona kitchen on her six hectares in Mashonaland East in Zimbabwe, seems an unexpected subject of European and British sanctions. She is not named on any list, but she is sanctioned. All EU and UK aid to Zimbabwe is channelled through international NGOs (non-government organisations), and both the EU and the UK make it a condition that none of their aid can go to the 175,000 land reform families like TabethâEUTMs.
...
Finally, in 2000 the liberation war veterans took [their land] back - by force, as it had been taken from their parents. The land occupations and violence by the ZANU-PF ruling party of Robert Mugabe led to international sanctions. UK Foreign Secretary William Hague has stated that the sanctions are only against individuals "involved in human rights abuses or undermining democracy or the rule of law." But apparently that includes Tabeth Gorovo and all the land reform families.
...
Of course the land reform farmers would do better with a more benign government and with some of the inputs and marketing support provided by the NGOs with aid money. Yet they are prospering. Many of these new farmers are hiring labour, and the former white farms now support three times as many people as they did before 2000, so land reform is reducing poverty. Indeed, this could be a model for rural development in Africa based on small commercial farmers." [source]

Eek! It was the evil white people who did it instead!

naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 3/23/13 08:24 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 3/22/13 07:23 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote:

These clowns aren't even worth wasting your time over Feoric


BBS Signature
Preternatural
Preternatural
  • Member since: May. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Programmer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 3/23/13 01:33 AM, Athena9 wrote:
At 3/4/13 01:30 AM, poxpower wrote: But for some reason, the notion that groups of humans could be smarter than other groups is crazy?
Yes because to me, that sounds like an excuse for conquest and racism.

Conquest will occur regardless of the traits found in a race. For example, the chinese will always favor their own kind and when they'll need extra land or resources, they're going to take over neighboring countries. That's what nations are for: Protecting one's culture and race. The economy is a means to this end, and not the end in itself.

Ashkenazi Jews are on average more intelligent than asians,
asians more intelligent than whites,
whites more intelligent than blacks

If that seems racist, I'm sorry; I don't remember nature being "fair" to anyone.

No excuse needs to be made; that's just how the world works.

Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Writer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 3/23/13 11:27 PM, Preternatural wrote: If that seems racist, I'm sorry; I don't remember nature being "fair" to anyone.

The problem is, you are confusing "culture" with "race."

I would accept the observance that asians are perhaps the most intelligent group of people. However, "an asian" in this sense is not related to genes or heredity; rather, it is a person who has been raised in an asian culture. This is an unfortunately broad term that most often is a collectivization of Japanese and Chinese culture - both of which are known for their extremely robust educational systems.

The issue arises when you equate members of asian culture with descendants of a specific hereditary line. This mistake results in the profoundly ridiculous idea that certain people are born more intelligent or more sophisticated than others (one of the main arguments used by the British colonists to Africa in addition to most dictatorships of the 1900's in order to justify the abuse, enslavement, or genocide of a select group of people). This idea has been outdated for a half-century - mostly due to the pioneers of modern anthropology, biology, and archeology.

I hope it is glaringly obvious that if an average, healthy white/black/hispanic/etc. baby were to be taken to Japan and raised entirely in Japanese culture, that he would be educated by their standards and would have the same probability of succeeding in the system as any child born in Japan. Similarly, a child born in Japan and brought to America to be raised by typical American standards will be nurtured in such a way that is identical to children born in America.

The absurd insinuation of "racial intelligence" is not only unfounded, but has been thrown out by the scientific community. It baffles me how some people could possibly still be living in the early twentieth century! I mean, this HAS TO BE A JOKE! I cannot imagine someone being so oblivious and ignorant also being able to form coherent sentences on the topic!

1. The American Anthropology Association refuses to acknowledge the term "race" as anything biological. http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/race.htm
http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/racepp.htm

2. Paleontologist and evolutionary biologist Stephen Gould published a book entitled The Mismeasure of Man in which he shows how the "evidence" for racial intelligence has been fabricated and derived from manipulated results.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/nov/12/race-intellige nce-iq-science

3. Neurological studies have shown that we are quite obviously one race of people - homo sapiens.
http://www.nih.gov/news/health/oct2011/nimh-26.htm

Would you like more, or is this absolutely ridiculous discussion over with?


"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
Greggg586
Greggg586
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Mentally retarded countries Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 3/2/13 09:15 PM, poxpower wrote: 7 countries have an average IQ lower than what the USA considers mentally retarded:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-low est-average-iq/

1 Equatorial Guinea 59
2 Ethiopia 63
3 Sierra Leone 64
4 Democratic Republic of the Congo 65
5 Zimbabwe 66
5 Guinea 66
7 Nigeria 67

Sooooooooooo.... should the US be able to do military action there? If you kill people in those countries, chances are high that you just killed a mentally retarded person.

In fact, pretty much the whole of Africa is mentally deficient, or close to it according to their national average IQs
http://www.sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

So I say, it's wrong to kill them because according to the USA's own metric for who's too stupid to kill, most of them are :D
In fact, we should sell no weapons to those countries either.

Gee I wonder why lets also check the wealthiest countries in the world :Exebite A (<Click Here)
The poorest countries in the world: Exebite B(<Click Here)


KEEPIN It REAL Like HOLIFIELD, RAW like STAR WAR, CLEAN like Mr. CLEAN, MEAN Like Mr. T, SWEET Like SWEET TEA, I BRING THE BOOM shakalaka! Da Kool Kids Go Here

SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Mentally retarded countries Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 10:27 PM Reply

Never thought I would see SadisticMonkey and Poxpower Joining forces on the dark side of the Race-IQ Debate. I wonder where he found out about this.

Knowing nothing else, the position that environment explains 100% of the variation in test scores between the populations, seems about as probable as the position that variation in genetics explains 100% of the variation in test scores. That is, highly *highly* unlikely.

And no, that's not playing the middleman. Since taking a 50% Heritability position would still amount to radical speak in today's world.

Fortunately [Unfortunately?] we'll probably get the answer sometime within the next 10 to 20 years as to what the actual heritability is.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.