Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:29:09 Reply

Cannabis has never:
- Killed a person by smoking.
- Caused someone to develop schizophrenia by smoking.
- Been given a f*****g break.

Cannabis can:
- Be used medicinally to help regulate blood sugar levels, weight gain and treat chronic pain; Also can be used as an anti inflammatory.
- Be used for it's fibres to produce clothes that are more uv protective, antibacterial and uv protective than cotton clothes. It's fibres are the strongest soft fibres known to man.
- Be used to produce plastics without the use of oil reserves.
- (possibly) be used for it's potent anti-microbial properties to kill superbugs like MRSA.
- produce the same amount of paper in one acre of land than trees can in 4 acres.
- Be used as a carbon negative, self petrifying, insulative and carbon negative alternative to concrete.
- Be used as a carbon neutral alternative to fuel in cars.
- Be used to cure cancer.

(Just for the record, smoking it does virtually jack shit, just makes you feel good for a moment or sometimes evasive and uneasy. The only notable long term effect of smoking is a calmed disposition with a calm and a relaxed perception of life. I'm talking about cannabis as a plant, not the drug it becomes upon high temperatures)

It might seem a very strange thing to think about and comprehend, but when you asses the situation with a clear and level head, fully ready to accept the truly EVIL nature of this planet, it's quite a sensible conclusion to draw to: Cannabis is a wonder plant that could solve a lot of the world's problems overnight. Sounds ridiculous, I know, almost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKJrgGqx_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh2qd_foV-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

https://www.facebook.com/hemp4future

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Simpson/298774923502987?
fref=ts

"Surely if it actually cured cancer, it would be all over the news!!"
The oil, wood and pharmaceutical industries are all massive worldwide markets that would completely evaporate if cannabis was legalised for industrial use (call it hemp). It is the best interest of these huge and unfathomably wealthy companies to keep cannabis illegal, with a tarnished reputation as a criminalistic icon.

"People who smoke end up becoming addicts and substance abusers!"
This is possible, but no more or less possible than becoming addicted to alcohol, coffee, Mcdonald's or painkillers. Cannabis smoke is actually the only substance mentioned above that isn't addictive or linked to negative long term health problems. If you have an addictive personality, smoking cannabis would be the healthiest 'addiction'.

"SCHIZOPHRENIA! ARGHSDfbfpjookkswd!!"
The only link with schizophrenia smoking cannabis has is that people who already have the disease have certain symptoms intensified, however, they have been known to continue smoking since it surpresses other symptoms, such as anxiety and depression.

Not sure if this helps, but I don't actually smoke at all, so I'm not biased to it as a drug, really. I just want people to know where to find truth; it is most definitely not distributed by the monolithic mass media of this giant stupid rock.

Why the world needs drastic change

Wolfwax
Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:33:47 Reply

I made a few errors and I dunno how to edit them ;(

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:34:08 Reply

I was thinking the aforementioned change would be a lot more drastic than legalizing weed...

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:35:31 Reply

We hate weed. Did you see our thread on favorite bongs?

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:37:41 Reply

okay pot head go move to Colorado where weed isn't illegal

lel

Wolfwax
Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:38:14 Reply

At 3/2/13 05:34 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: I was thinking the aforementioned change would be a lot more drastic than legalizing weed...

It's a good starting point ;)

Wolfwax
Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:40:53 Reply

At 3/2/13 05:37 PM, Sequenced wrote: okay pot head go move to Colorado where weed isn't illegal

I don't smoke. Federal agents are still legally in their right to detain anyone using 'weed' in states where it is supposedly legal, recreational or medicinal.

fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:45:48 Reply

Legalizing weed thread, go!

We all understand that it's really not any worse, if not better than smoking cigarettes.

It was demonized what? In the 60's? 50's? Or some shit, by some fuckwitted asshole, and people still cling to his ideals, the same way there are bigoted racist fuckers around.

It's been proven time and time again that weed is not really dangerous, or a "gateway drug" Like all the ads want to make it out to be.

It's a fucking sham, the government knows damn well that it could regulate it and make money off of it, but for whatever reason they don't want to becuase it would be to popular a choice or something else completely retarded As well the black market for it would be busted, but I am sure there would be even more aggressive pissed off drug cartels after us becuase we took away their money and business

We've fucked ourselves, and the government and the old fuckers running it don't want to admit that they were lying sacs of shit for all these years, starting a "war on drugs" that has done nothing positive for our society and will never change anything. It's pride, selfishness, greed, and fukkery unlike anything else.

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:48:10 Reply

Two things:

1. The world IS changing everyday,every moment

2. Weed in legal in some U.S. states now, get with the times broody

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 17:53:30 Reply

At 3/2/13 05:38 PM, Wolfwax wrote: It's a good starting point ;)

True. Just might make the world a brighter place at the same time!

At 3/2/13 05:33 PM, Wolfwax wrote: I made a few errors and I dunno how to edit them ;(

There is no way to edit posts here, gotta check before you post. ;)

Wolfwax
Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 18:04:32 Reply

At 3/2/13 05:45 PM, fuzzum111 wrote: It's pride, selfishness, greed, and fukkery unlike anything else.

'zactly! I just wish more people were aware of this.

Wolfwax
Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 18:12:51 Reply

At 3/2/13 06:02 PM, Cherry wrote:
Be used to cure cancer.
Excuse me with that?

But yeah, I think cannabis should be legalised both for medical purposes and recreational, and I say that as someone who has never smoked cannabis and probably wouldn't if it were made legal.

It can be a sensitive bit of news to break with some people. My dad died of a brain tumour that could have easily been cured. 'Scientific evidence' is very difficult to find because healthcare and modern medicine has been built from the ground up to benefit the profits of all the pharmecuetical companies that make millions annually in treating cancer with their products, as opposed to curing with natural, un-patent-able methods. Plenty of testimonials and slightly more anecdotal evidence can be found all over the internet. There are a few solid scientific reports also though. Just jump to the links I've provided and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 18:14:37 Reply

You god damned hippy!
Smoking pot is for Jews!

just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
Wolfwax
Wolfwax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 18:19:31 Reply

At 3/2/13 06:14 PM, Sevkat wrote: You god damned hippy!
Smoking pot is for Jews!

Ok, I'm going to admit that made me laugh

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 18:23:51 Reply

At 3/2/13 06:19 PM, Wolfwax wrote:
At 3/2/13 06:14 PM, Sevkat wrote: You god damned hippy!
Smoking pot is for Jews!
Ok, I'm going to admit that made me laugh

Good morning in America!
(without wake-and-baking)

just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
amplefied
amplefied
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 21:06:44 Reply

Stoners are more annoying than alcoholics

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 21:55:22 Reply

At 3/2/13 05:29 PM, Wolfwax wrote: Cannabis has never:
- Killed a person by smoking.
- Caused someone to develop schizophrenia by smoking.
- Been given a f*****g break.

I'm not going to argue these points, because to a certain extent they are true, but I will say that you shouldn't censor your words here, not a big deal really, but I'd rather have it spelled out.

(Just for the record, smoking it does virtually jack shit, just makes you feel good for a moment or sometimes evasive and uneasy. The only notable long term effect of smoking is a calmed disposition with a calm and a relaxed perception of life. I'm talking about cannabis as a plant, not the drug it becomes upon high temperatures)

Well, that's just it, most cannabis nowadays is pretty much used for smoking, considering that it's illegal to possess and manufacture with, and people just love to smoke that shit like it's going out of style for whatever reason. They did it in the '20s in jazz clubs in New Orleans, in the '50s and '60s with beatniks and hippies respectively, and by angry rebellious teens and disillusioned people.

Now, I would be remiss to say that it doesn't have medical use, because it's used for managing the nasty side effects of chemo/radiation treatments of cancer, as well as a way of dealing with crippling pain and even general nausea, which is what you see in medical marijuana shops in California and in certain quantities in Washington and Colorado.

It might seem a very strange thing to think about and comprehend, but when you asses the situation with a clear and level head, fully ready to accept the truly EVIL nature of this planet, it's quite a sensible conclusion to draw to: Cannabis is a wonder plant that could solve a lot of the world's problems overnight. Sounds ridiculous, I know, almost

This is all subjective here, and I do detect a high level of idealism here, which for whatever reason is frowned upon in debate. While we can't necessarily deny the uses and benefits of cannabis, it's still not the ultimate cure-all for all of our problems, but it does provide a decent dent into them if everything goes right.

"Surely if it actually cured cancer, it would be all over the news!!"
The oil, wood and pharmaceutical industries are all massive worldwide markets that would completely evaporate if cannabis was legalised for industrial use (call it hemp). It is the best interest of these huge and unfathomably wealthy companies to keep cannabis illegal, with a tarnished reputation as a criminalistic icon.

Not entirely. The only real cure for cancer is chemo and radiation which kill the cancer cells, and removal or alteration of certain organs if necessary. As I said, what pot does is encourage a certain gland in the brain telling the body to eat, even if they have eaten just before, and also acts as a muscle relaxant to ease the pain.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't get into any serious specifics about how it works and all that, but that's pretty common knowledge.

"People who smoke end up becoming addicts and substance abusers!"
This is possible, but no more or less possible than becoming addicted to alcohol, coffee, Mcdonald's or painkillers. Cannabis smoke is actually the only substance mentioned above that isn't addictive or linked to negative long term health problems. If you have an addictive personality, smoking cannabis would be the healthiest 'addiction'.

Well, cannabis is a drug, and like all drugs, it can be addicted with negative consequences with abuse and long-term usage, and are pretty hard to quit cold turkey. The difference is that you can't die by addiction of marijuana alone, and where most marijuana deaths happen is that they were laced with other things, such as hard drugs or other materials.

"SCHIZOPHRENIA! ARGHSDfbfpjookkswd!!"
The only link with schizophrenia smoking cannabis has is that people who already have the disease have certain symptoms intensified, however, they have been known to continue smoking since it surpresses other symptoms, such as anxiety and depression.

I'm not going to argue with this, mostly because it's way outside my realm, so I'll take your word for it for now.

Not sure if this helps, but I don't actually smoke at all, so I'm not biased to it as a drug, really.

It actually helps a lot, because it seems like most people who are in favor of pot are either angry hipster kids who hate conservative Republican ideals, or regular stoners who want to see it legalized so that can buy it and smoke it all day. Maybe if those people can understand the other benefits of hemp, then more people can embrace the ideal of legalizing pot, and/or be able to tolerate it much more at the least.

I just want people to know where to find truth; it is most definitely not distributed by the monolithic mass media of this giant stupid rock.

The truth is that the politicians always have found ways to make it illegal in the past because it was associated with delinquents and minorities, which they looked down upon to say the least. What the media does, especially after Reagan, was to reenforce that belief in that marijuana is bad in general, and loves to use false-flag and highly inaccurate PSA's to spread the message. Only recently is where this mentality is beginning to crack from the media and the people, but we have a good long while before we fully embrace cannabis as a whole.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 22:08:25 Reply

holy shit shut the fuck up everyone has heard this exact same argument a million fucking times and it's so annoying

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-02 22:31:43 Reply

At 3/2/13 10:08 PM, notYert wrote: holy shit shut the fuck up everyone has heard this exact same argument a million fucking times and it's so annoying

Shut the fuck up, I has heard your whining many times already.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Why the world needs drastic change 2013-03-03 13:16:10 Reply

I get so tired of pothead pro-weed logic

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature