• 6 Replies
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

Well I downloaded the game (Pokemon Emerald) and everything is fine, and it works perfectly. Only I just want to have Lavitar and Growlithe. Nothing too complicated, so I use the cheats and the game starts to slow down and eventually freeze.

I use the codes for the Gameshark, and they pass through fine, but they always slow my computer. Is there any way to fix this issue or at the very least catch these two early in the game, or somehow get them into my game in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated.

EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:08 PM

Buy a gameboy and you won't have this problem.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:56 PM

At 3/2/13 01:08 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Buy a gameboy and you won't have this problem.

Aside from being a smartass it wouldn't change the fact that neither of the pokemon will appear in the game, unless I were to buy firered/leafgreen and the additional cable that would allow me to trade them over to the game, plus the fact I'd have to play either of those two first in order to catch them.

The easiest solution here (and cheapest) is simply telling me how to trouble shoot this.

EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:05 PM

At 3/2/13 01:56 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: Aside from being a smartass it wouldn't change the fact that neither of the pokemon will appear in the game

The lack of Lavitar and Growlithe is actually an Anti-Piracy measure, you see. If you weren't so cheap you'd know that.

BBS Signature
Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:11 PM

At 3/2/13 02:05 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
At 3/2/13 01:56 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: Aside from being a smartass it wouldn't change the fact that neither of the pokemon will appear in the game
The lack of Lavitar and Growlithe is actually an Anti-Piracy measure, you see. If you weren't so cheap you'd know that.

No, they simply don't appear in any Emerald version, I'd know I had the game only 3 years ago, and Growlithe/Lavitar are among my top 5 favorite, an they didn't appear in the game.

I'm just surprised that despite it being 2013 and all the other incredibly complex mods out there for games easily 10x as developed and complex than Pokemon (Skyrim being one of them).

It's so hard to have an emulator run a simple cheat, that simply gives me two more characters.

EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:24 PM

At 3/2/13 02:11 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: I'm just surprised that despite it being 2013 and all the other incredibly complex mods out there for games easily 10x as developed and complex than Pokemon (Skyrim being one of them).

You don't have to emulate Skyrim, it natively runs on the PC. Pokemon does not, it runs on gameboy.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Cheats Freeze Game (vba) Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:32 PM

At 3/2/13 01:08 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Buy a gameboy and you won't have this problem.

^This^

Piracy is not to be discussed on the BBS and we're certainly not going to help you with any piracy related problems.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature