Be a Supporter!
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Need some critique Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 11:23 PM Reply

I just more or less finished Episode 1 of my series. I've been floating this idea in my head for years (literally) and finally decided to sit down and try, to the best of my current abilities, put what's in my head on digital paper.

Anyway, here it is. Yeah, I know, the name isn't all that catchy, but It's going to be that way until I come up with a better title for it.

so yeah, lemme know what you think.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need some critique Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:04 PM Reply

Pretty good story, for some reason, it reminds me of "The Lord of The Rings" (Maybe the name Bonbalon?). You should add a prologue, I didn't really understand why there were elves and mages in colleges.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Need some critique Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 3/2/13 01:04 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote: Pretty good story, for some reason, it reminds me of "The Lord of The Rings" (Maybe the name Bonbalon?). You should add a prologue, I didn't really understand why there were elves and mages in colleges.

well it's supposed to be a modern day fantasy comedy/slice of life. second episode on is funnier than the first though. the first episode basically just gets the ball rolling with some mild humor, assuming people can understand my sense of humor. Of course, there is also a plot that ties the entire series together, it won't just be a series of random occurrences that always place the characters back at square 1.

This was originally intended to be a cartoon, but that idea got scrapped after I realized that, try as I might, I suck at drawing and it would take months if not years to even get 1 episode done, and I can't afford to pay others to do it for me. So I decided to try it as is.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.