New Topic Respond to this Topic
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-01 22:54:25 Reply

Well I suppose I can post my art on here as well rather than my actual gallery(considering I just reached the scout limit ^^;)

Anyways, I shall do my best to post at least one or twice a day on this forum. If want to see more though, check out my gallery here: http://howsplendid.newgrounds.com/
or my alternate accounts:
http://howsplendid.deviantart.com/
http://h0wsplendid.tumblr.com/
I hope you all enjoy my art thread! ^^

That being said, here's the first piece to be posted:
[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo298/Wesker8_2008/u nfinishedsuzettedrawing001-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
Now here's a character who doesn't get any attention at all. Suzette deserves more than this, so I wanted to draw her. She is my favorite minor characters in Solartorobo and sadly; only has one official drawing, so I had to use my imagination for her shirt and jacket and got a great result from this. I'm really proud of this one. ^^

drawing (c) me
Suzette(c) Solartorobo
(description taken from my deviantart)

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 01:01:44 Reply

you should probably ditch quite a few of your pencil only pieces. A couple of them aren't very strong, and I have noticed that if you aren't top caliber, pencil sketches get overlooked a lot.

Also, img tags don't work here. you'll have to use the include picture function under the text box when you make a post. and posting the art in the thread and not just linking to it is kind of one of our rules.

As for our scouting system, go read this, it might help a little, Orn's handy dandy scouting guide.

anyway, keep it up, you got potential.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 02:08:19 Reply

At 3/2/13 01:01 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: you should probably ditch quite a few of your pencil only pieces. A couple of them aren't very strong, and I have noticed that if you aren't top caliber, pencil sketches get overlooked a lot.

Also, img tags don't work here. you'll have to use the include picture function under the text box when you make a post. and posting the art in the thread and not just linking to it is kind of one of our rules.

As for our scouting system, go read this, it might help a little, Orn's handy dandy scouting guide.

anyway, keep it up, you got potential.

I misunderstood what the include images rules were considering my images were over the pixal limit, but thank you for telling me. And thanks as well, I still have some better work to show ^^

Speaking of which I will post something else.

Something I drew a couple months ago and got around to turning it digital. I'm happy how this one came out, shading became a little difficult at a different lighting angle, but I did the best I could. I tried to experiment with the eyes a bit and got an interesting result. Hopefully I can begin experimenting with color mixing, contrast and the pen tool for shading. Shading by hand takes a while...

Lyra the Raccoon (c) me and me only!!!
(Taken from deviantart description)

HowSplendid's Art thread :D

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 12:44:03 Reply

This is the same picture as the first post, however since I posted it as a link, I will fix it by uploading it with this post. since I can't seem to edit the first one. So just ignore the first now ^^

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 13:07:21 Reply

My main piece of advice here is to watch out for your shading. In these past two pieces you've posted, you have the shadows scattered about without any proper rhyme or reasoning. Make sure when you want to add the shading, that you identify a light source and work from that.
Here's a nice reference guide for cel-shading.

HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 13:23:50 Reply

At 3/2/13 01:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: My main piece of advice here is to watch out for your shading. In these past two pieces you've posted, you have the shadows scattered about without any proper rhyme or reasoning. Make sure when you want to add the shading, that you identify a light source and work from that.
Here's a nice reference guide for cel-shading.

Thank you for the guide, I shall make good use of this. ^^ I have identified a light source in both drawings, however I'm new to shading as I recently started digital media, so at this point I've been experimenting with shading and light sources. Hopefully my new drawings are more of an improvement.

Something new for today

This is a an ID i used and a kiriban I tried on deviantart showing all of my characters, including my variations of 2 characters from Skyrim and Phantasty Star Online 2

All of the characters shown here (except my skyrim and pso2 charactes) belong to me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 17:18:18 Reply

I might end up posting more that 2 drawings today, but for now, here's another.

I drew this sketch of krystal about 5 months ago before i decided to color it.

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 20:51:33 Reply

I shall post a third drawing today.

SonSon from MvC 2, one of my favorite characters from that game, great fighting style and great character design; what's not to love? ^^ It's still too bad she wasn't in MvC 3 :/

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-02 22:47:42 Reply

Cool, looks like you have a consistent light and shadow setup.

HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-03 13:46:24 Reply

At 3/2/13 10:47 PM, maficmelody wrote: Cool, looks like you have a consistent light and shadow setup.

Thank you, I'm still trying pretty hard to get better at it though. ^^;

Something new for today
Made my first wallpaper using my favorite character from solatorobo. You guys are free to used it if you wish! ^^
A better resolution is on my profile.

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-04 00:17:13 Reply

I went ahead and drew my character along with her mag from Phantasy Star Online 2. This one was pretty damn fun to do as I usually never draw detail often and this one had quite a lot of detail O.o I figured I'd give her a sort of enthusiastic personality along with some seriousness, but her mag seems to have that part covered for her. I kinda feel bad for him in a way ^^;

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-07 00:34:04 Reply

Well, I guess I'll put something skyrim related on my thread, this time with one of my ocs Rain Locker making quick work of the many enemies in skyrim. I guess she can still be clever even in a world that isn't her own.

Rain Locker (c) me
Skyrim (c) bethesda

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-07 02:23:05 Reply

Have you tried drawing your characters in more action-y poses? They all feel a touch too vertical.

HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-03-22 18:28:49 Reply

At 3/7/13 02:23 AM, maficmelody wrote: Have you tried drawing your characters in more action-y poses? They all feel a touch too vertical.

yes I have actually, but speaking of which, here's one!

Been rather unmotivated lately and stuck at a artblock at the moment. Most of the drawings, I have been sketching haven't been coming out too well and shows I need to practice more than ever. -.- I did, however managed to get this one finished and yes i did say wallpaper. I wanted to practice more on dynamic poses and as I was drawing one of my ocs Rain, I realized that it was starting to feel like a wallpaper, so I plan to have this colored up, once i finish some other things that require my attention more, so hopefully soon. Considering that there are some things wrong with the perspective and some with porportions, it didn't come out too bad. :)

Rain Locker (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-06-28 15:21:09 Reply

My apologies for not updating when I should have, I just lost track of where the thread was, but now I managed to find it and will now update with everything I've submitted until now. Starting with this one.....

I wanted to get things a little more organized to help me practice with perspectives. I plan to draw out all my characters for everything I have planned for my story. This will also help me know more about how I want my characters to look so I started with my mechanic gal Sonia. ^^ Enjoy!

Sonia (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-06-28 23:37:09 Reply

I'll update once more today just to post everything I have a little bit quicker. :)

Something fan art related

I found this fun little anime, The Slayers while I was watching crackle on my xbox not too long ago. I've begun loving the characters of the show, especially Lina, so I figured, "why not draw her?" This one was pretty fun to draw and I hope I drew her justice.

Drawing (c) me
Lina Inverse (c) her respective creators

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-06-29 22:10:41 Reply

Here's a drawing for the summer ^^

Something I had left unfinished once again for quite a few months. I figured this was worth finishing, so that's what I did So here's one of my villainous characters Rain in a bikini. One of the few joys of the summer i suppose. =w= She doesn't seem to like it, but at the same time deep down, doesn't care too much about it.

Rain Locker (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-01 19:40:46 Reply

Decided to post another simple concept of one of my other characters, Kate Walker. This is one of the many drawings I have that have been unfinished due to the fact that I have been busy, but now I can finally catch up. Ah Kate is one of my characters that I've always enjoyed drawing the most ^^

Kate Walker (c) me and me only

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-03 20:48:33 Reply

Another character concept. ^^ My wolf character Zoe is a detective and is part of SWAT team due to her skills sets. I'm hoping to explain more on her as I get my story's background together as well as hers.

Zoe Riddle (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-06 14:37:14 Reply

Another new character finally added to my gallery: Samuel Vang. My german Shepard character is also part of the SWAT team, but is a newly recruited member of the police force. I'm also hoping to add more information at a later time.

Samuel Vang (c) me and me only!!!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-07 17:10:17 Reply

Well, managed to put out another one of these. This time it is my eagle character, Cindy Alida. I really had a lot of fun drawing this one, as she's one of my other characters i love to draw. She serves as the main character of my story along with Alan and Kate Walker.

Cindy Alida (c) me and me only!!!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-11 00:11:29 Reply

I was looking through my old sketch books and found this character drawn quite a few times, so I decided to take those older sketches and draw a newer version of this character in my current style. The left is the larger and newer drawing and the right is a faded older version of her. This character is going to be used for a new idea and wont be used along with my characters for my story. Caroline is a snow fox who's mage, but a rather inexperienced one at that. Though constantly failing at casting, she's determined to become a great and powerful mage....yeah let's see what happens with that... ^^;

Caroline Soulfire (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-12 17:24:20 Reply

Well decided to color my mage character since it's been a long time since I last colored one of my drawing. This time I tried something a little different with the shading and got much better and easier results, so I'm really happy with this one. =w= Also I decided to give her 2 colored eyes for the reason being the symbolize her powers. It's nice to color again... ^^

Caroline Soulfire (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-07-15 22:55:54 Reply

Another one of my characters from my story, the rather cold, russian bounty hunter: Dereck Yakunun. This one was pretty fun considering that I don't draw him very often. I plan to draw the rest of his team in the coming months. enjoy! ^^

Dereck Yakunun (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-08-21 00:37:58 Reply

This thread needs a good update.
I managed to doodle this during class a couple days ago and I felt like drawing something cute. I figured why not draw my character Rain? =w=

Rain Locker (c) me and me only

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-08-21 23:43:47 Reply

I finally finished my newest drawing. I haven't drawn my force newman character, Rain from Phantasy Star Online 2 in a while, so I figured why not? ^^ I really love how this came out. Rain's acting silly and posing for screen shot with her mag, who looks annoyed as usual. One could only imagine their misadventures.

Rain character design (c) me
Phantasy Star Online 2 (c) SEGA

BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-08-22 00:05:15 Reply

you draw this style very well!!!

your line work is dope, your coloring is dope. well done!

[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-08-22 13:06:57 Reply

At 8/22/13 12:05 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: you draw this style very well!!!

your line work is dope, your coloring is dope. well done!

Thank you very much. I'm very happy to hear you like them! ^^

BBS Signature
HowSplendid
HowSplendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-08-25 01:21:07 Reply

Well, finally back on track with my character concepts. Next is Alan Walker, who is the brother of Kate and good friend to Cindy in my story. Hopefully I can get my concepts out a little faster so I can start more on the comic and the story. ^^;

Alan Walker (c) me and me only!

BBS Signature
P1ck3lz
P1ck3lz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to HowSplendid's Art thread :D 2013-08-26 12:17:04 Reply

Can you make me a furry, please?
Not a pickle though, just putting that out.
I'd like to be a sort of grey wolf furry with a big bushy tail, with the end of the tail white, and my belly white and I'd also like to have light blue eyes, please. I'd like to be male too, and have grey ears with white tips.
Thanks. :3

Good work BTW.

I am P1ck3lz, a fun loving guy who likes to voice act for people and loves to play games! Go ahead and friend or favorite me, do whatever! :D

BBS Signature