Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 18:51:38 Reply

At 3/5/13 06:44 PM, BumFodder wrote: Which is another reason why the iPhone sucks. if you want an improvement you have to spend a retarded amount of money on a newer one lol

not really the only difference between the more expensive iphone models is how much memory storage there is, so thats no real improvement unless if you went to say the iphone 4 to the 5.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 18:52:56 Reply

At 3/5/13 06:51 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: not really the only difference between the more expensive iphone models is how much memory storage there is, so thats no real improvement unless if you went to say the iphone 4 to the 5.

Thats what I meant, and the money they add on for the small amount of added storage is insane lol

At 3/5/13 06:45 PM, Nor wrote: Let's get this straight, iphone sucks.

yes

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 18:59:48 Reply

At 3/5/13 06:52 PM, BumFodder wrote: Thats what I meant, and the money they add on for the small amount of added storage is insane lol

I went to 16GB to 32GB for only $25 the iphones make you pay $100 differences.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 19:28:58 Reply

At 3/5/13 06:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I went to 16GB to 32GB for only $25 the iphones make you pay $100 differences.

Yeah lol, a lot of applefags must be off of their heads or something

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 20:14:33 Reply

At 3/5/13 07:28 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/5/13 06:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I went to 16GB to 32GB for only $25 the iphones make you pay $100 differences.
Yeah lol, a lot of applefags must be off of their heads or something

lol I mean the Droids usually have 16GB internally and they can add a 32GB card (64GB and Class 10 cards don't read)

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 21:09:19 Reply

At 3/5/13 08:14 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: lol I mean the Droids usually have 16GB internally and they can add a 32GB card (64GB and Class 10 cards don't read)

Yeah I know, and the iphone refuses to let you browse its contents with windows explorer, you have to use apples shitty software.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 21:23:24 Reply

At 3/5/13 09:09 PM, BumFodder wrote: Yeah I know, and the iphone refuses to let you browse its contents with windows explorer, you have to use apples shitty software.

the worst part is its OS is closed system, and you would have to JAILBREAK YOUR PHONE (yeah I said jailbreak break rules much?) to get it open and use third and other party software.

the worse part is if you do you void you warranty.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 21:28:48 Reply

At 3/5/13 09:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the worst part is its OS is closed system, and you would have to JAILBREAK YOUR PHONE (yeah I said jailbreak break rules much?) to get it open and use third and other party software.

the worse part is if you do you void you warranty.

Yeah, I always thought it was funny that you had to do something illegal to actually make it work as good as other phones lol. But then again all the apple sheep dont care because they dont care about the quality of items, just that they are made by apple.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-05 23:54:15 Reply

What an intense debate this topic turned out to be ey?

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature
TheGrim
TheGrim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-06 00:04:43 Reply

Honestly, they annoy me. I had an old LG Legacy or something like that before my iPhone 5 and the battery drives me crazy. I could last 4 days on my old phone, using my iPhone lightly gets me 2 days at most before a charge. Plus the first charger I got broke after about a month.

Meh, all these modern touch phones are all pretty much the same. The iPhone seemed to coin the original design, though, but if I were using Samsung instead of Verizon then I'd buy the other phone.

BBS Signature
AvailableLight
AvailableLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-06 00:12:09 Reply

I am going to go with iPhone because that is currently what I have, but if I had the choice I would have bought a Droid.

BBS Signature
Ferdinand88
Ferdinand88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 03:31:07 Reply

At 3/6/13 12:12 AM, AvailableLight wrote: I am going to go with iPhone because that is currently what I have, but if I had the choice I would have bought a Droid.

What is the main difference ?

Evasi0n Jailbreak News Blog and iOS 6.1.3 Unlock Guides

Anime-NoireChan
Anime-NoireChan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 06:08:00 Reply

I picked both, Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5.

DarkAnimeKnightmare
Anime-NoireChan on IGN
PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature
Kuroba
Kuroba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 06:17:21 Reply

At 7/9/13 06:08 AM, PlatinumSapphire wrote: I picked both, Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone.

But which do you like more?

BBS Signature
TimberGuy
TimberGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 06:46:19 Reply

I currently use an Android phone and an iPod Touch.

iPhone - Better stability and neatness. I enjoy certains apps on it better than I would the Andoid. Looks much better, but you can't put it down without worrying that you scratched the fucking thing. Also, Apple likes to sue to get their way so I don't support them in that case.

Android - Can be a little buggy at times, certainly more than the iPhone (though I've had a few friends back in high school that had iPhone problems). Much stronger, at the cost of a cheap plastic case. Much more powerful (of course it varies, but Apple is always a few years behind, then the iNerds drool when they come out with their "new" 8mp camera. Overall, Android is much more fun and powerful than the iPhone.

I say that if Google, Apple, and Samsung stopped acting like fucking children (like the rest of you), and put their differences aside, they could come out with the "perfect" phone. Maybe an iDroid that would blow the doors off of what's currently out today. But with all the wrist flailing between the companies and the users, I doubt it'd ever happen.

TimberGuy
TimberGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 06:47:34 Reply

Lol.. forgot to add which models I'm using.

Andoid - Note II
iPod Touch - 5th Gen

Anime-NoireChan
Anime-NoireChan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 06:59:53 Reply

At 7/9/13 06:17 AM, Kuroba wrote:
At 7/9/13 06:08 AM, PlatinumSapphire wrote: I picked both, Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone.
But which do you like more?

Samsung Galaxy S4

DarkAnimeKnightmare
Anime-NoireChan on IGN
PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature
Lepy
Lepy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 08:05:40 Reply

I'm gonna go with Apple because I flat out don't like any of Samsung's phones. Most of them are ugly, especially the entire Galaxy series (I kinda like the 1st Galaxy, though).
I hate the plastic, cheap, light feel. Samsung's Android UI (the name escapes me) is pretty good, though. I'll give them that much. And the S4 has a bunch of great new stuff, like how you can use the touch screen without actually touching it. And, of course, the eye detection features. I like all that.
But the ONE thing that REALLY gets me about the S4 is the megapixel count on the camera. People call out Apple for the iPhone being a marketing gimmick when the S4 has a 7000 MP camera. If you know anything about cameras, you'd know MP count doesn't mean shit, really.
My 4S has been my trusty pal for a bit over a year. Like Wade said, there's nothing on Android I'd really want. I have mine jailbroken. Someone brought up how jailbreaking voids your warrenty. If you break your phone, then just restore your phone in iTunes and you won't be jailbroken.

My next phone's probably going to be an HTC One, though. People who argue that iOS has been the same for so long are pretty much spot on. I've only lightly treaded on Android, so I wanna see what it's really like.
The HTC One is a beautiful looking phone. The Sense UI is a bit "meh", but I imagine I'll get used to it. The thing I'm afraid of is getting the One and missing my two year old 4S.
Just have to wait for this fucker to get on Verizon.

I considered the Lumia 928, but the 920 is a bit better from what I hear, so fuck that. I'd rather wait for a 1020.

Also anyone who says DROIDS (do not mistake that for ANdroid) are the best, you're fuckin wrong. Exept for MAYBE the Razer Maxx because POSSIBLY Motorola cleaned up MotoBlur and it has a legitimately sweet battery, the Droid line is SHIT, MotoBlur is SHIT, and everything about it is SHIT. Droid 1-3 are the only phones I fucking hate.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 08:10:39 Reply

At 7/9/13 08:05 AM, Lepy wrote: I'm gonna go with Apple because I flat out don't like any of Samsung's phones. Most of them are ugly, especially the entire Galaxy series (I kinda like the 1st Galaxy, though).

I dont really see how they are ugly, or why that would factor in much when buying a phone.

Gamik
Gamik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 08:42:26 Reply

I'll just sit down and watch the flamewar ensuing as I say that windows phones beat both

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 09:33:51 Reply

Samsung or Motorola Apple makes SHIT products.

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 14:02:54 Reply

I currently have an outdated iPhone 2 (that might even be an understatement), but I'm gonna upgrade to an iPhone 4s very soon.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Lepy
Lepy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-09 14:31:57 Reply

At 7/9/13 08:10 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 7/9/13 08:05 AM, Lepy wrote: I'm gonna go with Apple because I flat out don't like any of Samsung's phones. Most of them are ugly, especially the entire Galaxy series (I kinda like the 1st Galaxy, though).
I dont really see how they are ugly, or why that would factor in much when buying a phone.

Would you rather have an ugly car or a really good looking car? Even if the ugly car could go faster.

PizzaLife
PizzaLife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-12 23:52:01 Reply

I like my iPhone. Not in anyway an Apple fanboy though.

YOU LEARN SOME SELF RESPECT BOY

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-13 00:07:19 Reply

all the way android

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
SuperShad
SuperShad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-13 01:02:07 Reply

There's a ton of variations in Samsung phones, which is good. But, if something goes wrong with your model, you're pretty much fucked if you can't find someone else who had the same problem and resolved it. You also have to be somewhat adept with computers when it comes to backing up files, system restores and factory resets, etc.

iPhones are all identical, but that's good because there's almost always a solution to any problem you're having. There's also way more accessories, which is even better. Sure, they cost a fortune compared to Android. But I've never met someone who complained about how shitty their iPhone was.

I had a Samsung Captivate Glide for a year and a half, but about 4 months in it started giving me a shitload of force closes and crashed. Eventually it just stopped working altogether. So, I'll be making the jump to an iPhone 5 in about a month or two.

Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-13 01:48:10 Reply

Never liked LG phones, but they really out did themselves with the Optimus G series. I have the OG Optimus G and it is fantastic. I love it. Used to have an OG Evo. Never liked Samsung's build quality, and Apples closed ecosystem.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-13 05:24:58 Reply

six pages later & the iphone is still the unanimously best choice

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-07-13 07:59:08 Reply

At 7/13/13 05:24 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: six pages later & the iphone is still the unanimously best choice

Until Apple decides to activate the kill switch.