New Topic Respond to this Topic
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 3/1/13 07:10 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: This X1000 the motorola droid and samsung galaxy has X3 the power and are half the price.

Exactly, I dont know why its so hard for a lot of people to research a little into things.

Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 07:33 PM Reply

iPhone is probably not as good as the s3 and costs twice the price.

わたしのぺにす

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 3/1/13 07:33 PM, NightOwl wrote: iPhone is probably not as good as the s3 and costs twice the price.

Exactly

why pay twice as much for something worse

BlueHippo
BlueHippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 08:19 PM Reply

God I love my SIII. Wrapped up in a nice slick TPU case. I try to get everyone I see with an SIII to check out how their phone feels with my case on it.. so slick, so strong.

Gotta protect my baby. And that screen... it's gorgeous. So quick too... mmm.

Never have I ever been so happy with a phone. My last two smart phones were HTC and were nice out of the box, but two months later: utter shit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature
UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 3/1/13 05:59 PM, Dragen wrote:
At 3/1/13 04:23 PM, UVSoaked wrote:
At 3/1/13 04:05 PM, Cootie wrote: Blackberry.

just kidding. This isn't 2006.
Turns out you're right.
This is purposeful and useful for society.

It is helpful for those long naps.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 3/1/13 09:10 PM, UVSoaked wrote:
At 3/1/13 05:59 PM, Dragen wrote:
At 3/1/13 04:23 PM, UVSoaked wrote:
At 3/1/13 04:05 PM, Cootie wrote: Blackberry.

just kidding. This isn't 2006.
Turns out you're right.
This is purposeful and useful for society.
It is helpful for those long naps.

Only chavs buy Blackberries

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 3/1/13 06:31 PM, BumFodder wrote: The only reason to get an iPhone is to show off.

That is so true it's painful.

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 3/1/13 11:35 PM, 1930 wrote:
At 3/1/13 06:31 PM, BumFodder wrote: The only reason to get an iPhone is to show off.
That is so true it's painful.

True for some people, not for others. For example, I started with an iTouch. Nothing really like it at the time. I found it so useful that I decided to get an iPhone. I started with the iPhone 3G. There wasn't anything else on the market like it. All the Android phones were shit until the past 2 years. From the iPhone 3G I went to the 4, then the 5. At this point the Android phones have caught up, or passed the iPhone, in some ways. However, if you've had an iPhone since the early models and they do what you need there isn't much reason to switch. I would lose a ton of apps, etc. For me my iPhones have been very reliable devices for many years now.

Also just about everyone my wife and I know have iPhones, so we can text for free, Facetime, etc.

I don't know of a single feature on an Android phone that I wish I had on my iPhone. Maybe someone could point out some cool Android only features that would make someone want to ditch an iPhone.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 3/2/13 12:09 AM, WadeFulp wrote: I don't know of a single feature on an Android phone that I wish I had on my iPhone. Maybe someone could point out some cool Android only features that would make someone want to ditch an iPhone.

I don't own a smartphone, but if I did I'd probably get an Android phone like the Galaxy S3 or something. I own an iPod Touch and a Google Nexus 7 tablet and it turns out it's the little things that make me lean towards the Android side. Stuff like quick brightness, battery, wifi toggles, etc. that are a pain to do in iOS are so much more convenient on Android, and they have so many downloadable apps and themes that let you customize your phone in ways that you would only be able to do if you jailbroke your iOS device. I'm not a huge widgets person so I won't get into any detail about that.

I think Apple dominates with their iOS music player, so if you like listening to music I'd suggest sticking with that (even though iTunes is a pain in the ass). The iMessage thing they do is pretty cool too.

I'm not saying these are features you have to have or anything, but they're just some cool things I like about Android.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:25 AM Reply

They are both fucking lame now that there is no more mobile flash support.

You can blame apple for that shit.

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:09 AM Reply

Who even knows what the name of the new model Samsung, Android, or Windows phone is, they're all rubbish knock offs!

E.G.

You've just bought a new Samsung galaxy s 3.0 turbo, you tell a friend. He's like uh cool, and you go on explaining to him what it is.

Everyone knows what an iphone is and how great of a product it is.

On another note, who here knows a person who has owned an Android, Samsung, or Windows phone for two years and it still works fine and he/she loves it? No one, those phones aren't built to last two years or more.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:33 AM Reply

I use a shitty 30 dollar Tracfone. I have an iPod Touch, and since an iPhone is very similar to the iPod Touch, I have to say that. I have never used an Android device before.

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:35 AM Reply

iPhone.
I've got a samsung, but yeah, I'd prefer an iPhone even though I have an iPod Touch.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:21 AM Reply

At 3/2/13 03:33 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I use a shitty 30 dollar Tracfone. I have an iPod Touch, and since an iPhone is very similar to the iPod Touch, I have to say that. I have never used an Android device before.

Very reasonable thinking, dude.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:14 AM Reply

At 3/1/13 06:01 AM, 1930 wrote: Samsung all the way for me. Currently half-way through my 24 month Galaxy SII contract and I'm still happy with it!

What about you douche-bags?

I spent £20 on a phone that has worked perfectly for 3+ years so far. Any notions of wasting such money on pointless extras is just amusing to me.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 3/2/13 01:09 AM, Saen wrote: Who even knows what the name of the new model Samsung, Android, or Windows phone is, they're all rubbish knock offs!

E.G.

You've just bought a new Samsung galaxy s 3.0 turbo, you tell a friend. He's like uh cool, and you go on explaining to him what it is.

Anyone who knows anything about phones knows the Galaxy S series. Maybe you should get friends with brains lol, or maybe its you.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 05:54 PM Reply

NOKIA...

I prefer ZTE and HTC phones.

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 03:23 PM, BumFodder wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about phones knows the Galaxy S series. Maybe you should get friends with brains lol, or maybe its you.

It's probably me. I just don't see a reason buying a phone that's going to be crap in two years.

Stark-Heather
Stark-Heather
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 07:48 PM Reply

Samsung Galaxy II rules

I like the Samsung note, but it is too big to carry in the pockets.

Samsung have good phones. Mine has been dropped so many times. Apple products are so delicate. They are more marketing than other thing

Growing up, other girls wanted to be princesses..., shit, I wanted to be an outlaw

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 08:00 PM Reply

I have had both.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant first, it was a good phone. I loved it, but ended up switching it out to try the iPhone.

I used the iPhone (4S I think) and was a fan of it, it seemed to run smoother than the Galaxy S Vibrant, but little things about the phone began to bug me, I felt that having an iPhone was a bad choice, and regretted getting rid of my Galaxy S.

After smashing my iPhone to pieces, I went back to a basic phone that can only text and call. A few months after I saved up, I went back to the Galaxy S Vibrant, as I got a good deal on it.

I prefer Android, although mine is outdated (Gingerbread), in my opinion it runs better than the iPhone did, and my homescreen is not cluttered with app icons like the iPhone forces, unless you make folders, which is another pain.

The Android is definitely the best in my opinion. Out of all the Androids out there that I've played with ,Samsung seems to have the best ones. My girlfriend has an SIII which I am a bit jealous of. My only complaint is the size of the Note II, my buddy came to town this weekend and has one, it felt so uncomfortable playing around on it.

Verdict is, my opinion = Samsung.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:23 PM Reply

Just got my new 32GB Memory card for my Razr Maxx (which has 16GB internal) for $25 bucks which brings my phone memory up to 48GBs at only $224 (Phone was $199 and the card $25) the Iphone5 for the 32GB is $299 and the 64GB is $399
not to mention the Battery life difference I get 23 hours of phone use a compared to the Iphones 14 hours.

your better off with a Droid you get more bang for your buck and you customize the crap out of it unlike the iphone.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 3/2/13 12:25 AM, Raab wrote: They are both fucking lame now that there is no more mobile flash support.

You can blame apple for that shit.

The Galaxy S2 and S3 support flash, and you can install it from their website instead of on the play store so flash is still around on phones.

At 3/4/13 07:48 PM, Stark-Heather wrote: Samsung Galaxy II rules

I couldnt agree more

At 3/4/13 09:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Just got my new 32GB Memory card for my Razr Maxx (which has 16GB internal) for $25 bucks which brings my phone memory up to 48GBs at only $224 (Phone was $199 and the card $25) the Iphone5 for the 32GB is $299 and the 64GB is $399
not to mention the Battery life difference I get 23 hours of phone use a compared to the Iphones 14 hours.

your better off with a Droid you get more bang for your buck and you customize the crap out of it unlike the iphone.

Yeah exactly, theyre cheaper and do far more and have far better specifications, there is little reason at all to get an iPhone.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 09:37 PM, BumFodder wrote: The Galaxy S2 and S3 support flash, and you can install it from their website instead of on the play store so flash is still around on phones.

is there any chance to get it on the Razr Maxx?

Yeah exactly, theyre cheaper and do far more and have far better specifications, there is little reason at all to get an iPhone.

I know but they just want the name?

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 09:39 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: is there any chance to get it on the Razr Maxx?

Actually apparently you can do it on any android device, although the lower spec ones will work shit of course.

http://dcosh.blogspot.in/2012/09/install-flash-on-android-de vices.html

I know but they just want the name?

Yeah lol. I cant understand why people do that.

919CDS
919CDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:43 PM Reply

.......droid

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Be-Easy
Be-Easy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:54 PM Reply

Rockin with a Samsung Infuse

Do That

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 09:41 PM, BumFodder wrote: http://dcosh.blogspot.in/2012/09/install-flash-on-android-de vices.html

EPIC!! now I can NG allll the time! only problem is it takes up RAM space and can be killed by my phones app killers but all that can be fixed

just tried a 5.5MB Flash here on NG and it loaded in a minute and a half.

ANGELIC CHORUS
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 09:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 3/4/13 09:41 PM, BumFodder wrote: http://dcosh.blogspot.in/2012/09/install-flash-on-android-de vices.html
EPIC!! now I can NG allll the time! only problem is it takes up RAM space and can be killed by my phones app killers but all that can be fixed

just tried a 5.5MB Flash here on NG and it loaded in a minute and a half.

ANGELIC CHORUS

lol

Just dont use flash for too long because it uses up the battery loads and it makes your hand burn

TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:11 PM Reply

I got an iPhone 4 currently, but might be changing when the iPhone 6 comes out soon.

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 10:08 PM, BumFodder wrote:
Just dont use flash for too long because it uses up the battery loads and it makes your hand burn

my battery doesn't burn and I have a 3300 MAH so I won't have to worry and I just checked it doesn't use to much RAM.