Be a Supporter!

Samsung or iPhone?

  • 2,686 Views
  • 148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ruby-S
Ruby-S
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:23:06 Reply

At 3/1/13 08:17 AM, Sekhem wrote: fu manchu was chinese and an adept at hiding

you're even terrible @ racial discrimination

Thank you, but I do not know who that is.

You might want to use the term East-Asian though, since that doesn't encompass countries such as Spanish-American Philippines.


BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:23:11 Reply

At 3/1/13 08:19 AM, smulse wrote: I have a HTC, but I'll probably get an iPhone next

good call, you'll never want to go back to ordinary phones once you've used an iphone

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:27:14 Reply

At 3/1/13 08:15 AM, KevinHR wrote:
Besides, I only pulled this forth as an example of the lack of usability you find in Android phones. Another thing that annoys me is that whenever I restart my Android phone or plug it into my computer, the keyboard defaults to the standard android keyboard. And to change back to the keyboard of my choice, I'm forced to enable it in the Settings menu, hold my finger on a text field, choose input method, then finally choose the keyboard of my choice. It's like linux all over again.

But I won't be pushing the above issue as like you said, Gingerbread is outdated, and I doubt this bug is present in the newer versions of Android.

I had that problem with my old Droid X2 with gingerbread. Apparently its a proggramming conflict if hey tried fixing it the entire OS would get really buggy and cause more problems and a patch for it would take up more space than wits worth.

Its not present on Jelly Bean Phones and all problems that get found or reported are patched up due to the Androids having more power.

1930
1930
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:58:11 Reply

At 3/1/13 06:40 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: go with a Motorola Droid.

Go away. Go away you.


Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature
UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:14:17 Reply

Nokia please! But if I had to pick out of those two, Samsung, since they make Windows Phones as well. :)


BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:14:17 Reply

At 3/1/13 07:27 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:23 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:22 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: *rolls eyes* yeah . . . i bet they'd fall apart twice as fast, too

--supergandhi64
Droids are almost as sturdy as iphones
haha, yeah "almost" in the same sense a skoda is "almost" a ferrari

--supergandhi64

It's people like you who convince people to believe stupid shit like that. IDGAF if you're a troll or not because some people actually belive this. Let's be realistic, Android phones are not ALMOST as sturdy as iPhone. Which phone has a really fragile screen? So that you have to buy a 30$ case. That's the iPhone. The sturdiness on Android phones will depend, but you get the choice do decide between many different kinds of phones. Mine has Corning Gorilla Glass, like many other Android (and some Windows) phones.


BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:15:28 Reply

I have a HTC One X, but have owned Samsung phones in the past. Right now? It really depends. My sister has an SIII and thinks it's too big (yes, that's what she said). But I've also used (quite extensively) the iPhone 4S and 5, and in experience I don't think it's a viable upgrade. I really like the screen on the SIII, the iPhone 5 seems a bit lackluster in terms of the hardware it's packing - even more so than other iterations of the iPhone.

Get whatever you want really.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:22:57 Reply

At 3/1/13 09:14 AM, Dragen wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:27 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:23 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:22 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: *rolls eyes* yeah . . . i bet they'd fall apart twice as fast, too

--supergandhi64
Droids are almost as sturdy as iphones
haha, yeah "almost" in the same sense a skoda is "almost" a ferrari

--supergandhi64
It's people like you who convince people to believe stupid shit like that. IDGAF if you're a troll or not because some people actually belive this. Let's be realistic, Android phones are not ALMOST as sturdy as iPhone. Which phone has a really fragile screen? So that you have to buy a 30$ case. That's the iPhone. The sturdiness on Android phones will depend, but you get the choice do decide between many different kinds of phones. Mine has Corning Gorilla Glass, like many other Android (and some Windows) phones.

(mood: assured) i'm picking up on some post-purchase rationalization, here . . . maybe you'd be able to see which phone is clearly the best if you weren't so biased and influenced by google's android agenda *sighs*

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:28:17 Reply

At 3/1/13 08:23 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/1/13 08:19 AM, smulse wrote: I have a HTC, but I'll probably get an iPhone next
good call, you'll never want to go back to ordinary phones once you've used an iphone

--supergandhi64

Unfortunately the iPhone has become an ordinary phone. It doesn't even have NFC support yet, and features a dated UI.


BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:51:05 Reply

At 3/1/13 09:22 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: (mood: assured)

You should become a therapist, since you're so good with seeing people's emotions and everything.

i'm picking up on some post-purchase rationalization, here . . .

I knew what I was doing when I bought my phone and I don't regret it. Look at this comparison. I know specs are not everything, but where the iPhone does score higher than LG Optimus 4X HD (my phone) is in popularity and price group.

maybe you'd be able to see which phone is clearly the best if you weren't so biased and influenced by google's android agenda *sighs*

I'm biased? And you're not? I'm open to changing my opinion on things and I don't care about the brand on my phone. Not to mention that Android has different manufacturers. While not all of them have the best phones, at least some of them must be doing something better than Apple, right? It's not like I only care about Android either, I've tried both iPhone and Windows phone. Windows phone is where the Metro UI belongs, it's pretty good but it's also new so it doesn't have a lot of apps. I've also read about Ubuntu phone, looks pretty cool. Blackberry is going downhill. Not sure if they will survive for much longer.

--supergandhi64

Gandhi would be disappointed.


BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:58:02 Reply

At 3/1/13 09:51 AM, Dragen wrote: I'm open to changing my opinion on things and I don't care about the brand on my phone. Not to mention that Android has different manufacturers. While not all of them have the best phones, at least some of them must be doing something better than Apple, right?

on one hand you say you don't care about brand, then you say someone must be better at making phones than apple? sounds to me like you have it out for the company which makes the iphone and not the iphone itself . . . you're not very good at hiding your bias

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 10:19:52 Reply

I have been saying this for the last year..
In 10 years apple will be phased out completely and the FAR SUPERIOR ANDROID will be thriving and will be bending over backwards to not only keep blacj berry afloat and in business.. But make products that will eventually equal the professional quality and fun experience that users flock to


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 10:27:48 Reply

At 3/1/13 09:58 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: on one hand you say you don't care about brand, then you say someone must be better at making phones than apple? sounds to me like you have it out for the company which makes the iphone and not the iphone itself . . . you're not very good at hiding your bias

--supergandhi64

Why don't you try to contradict yourself a little more? Looking forward to your 1000th post btw.


BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 10:37:13 Reply

At 3/1/13 10:27 AM, Dragen wrote:
At 3/1/13 09:58 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: on one hand you say you don't care about brand, then you say someone must be better at making phones than apple? sounds to me like you have it out for the company which makes the iphone and not the iphone itself . . . you're not very good at hiding your bias

--supergandhi64
Why don't you try to contradict yourself a little more? Looking forward to your 1000th post btw.

i'm pretty sure the contradiction is on your part. the part where you say you don't care about brand, but then go on a tirade about apple, to be specific. i'm very careful to be consistent in my opinions (in my opinion)

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 10:55:26 Reply

At 3/1/13 10:37 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: i'm very careful to be consistent in my opinions (in my opinion)

And if your opinion is incorrect.. Would you bend to change it? Or just feud more about us picking on you for your ideas vs ours


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 11:23:33 Reply

At 3/1/13 10:55 AM, tox wrote:
At 3/1/13 10:37 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: i'm very careful to be consistent in my opinions (in my opinion)
And if your opinion is incorrect.. Would you bend to change it? Or just feud more about us picking on you for your ideas vs ours

And this is why apple users are idiots..
Apple markets to sheep
Few years ago everyone was clamoring for an iphone because it was a superior product to what was on the market
Now the tables have changed and we currently see what was it? 71% of phones are android.. Because android makes a far supperior product and they are still only in their infancy.
Iphones will only ever be iphones..
Androids are starting to branch out into things like the google glasses.. Or the omni arm band... Or the the body suits hat are still on the drawing board..

He only reason this pathetic argument is going on still is because apple user who stick with apple think they are providing a competing product to the quickly spiraling out of control (in an upward motion) industry known as technology
Apple is failing
Pc's are falling as well
Xbox is doing ok
Playstation is failing
Androids are thriving

And the only reason that is going to argue with that is that they are caught up in the one off.. Oh look at that! Thats cool! That must be hot when in reality the tunnel vision is blinding them to the tidal wave of power that companies come forward with


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
slugathor
slugathor
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Movie Buff
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 11:27:17 Reply

Well I have the first gen ZTE Blade.

I seriously don't understand why people waste money on a expensive phone since my phone got more than enough cpu to go around, with slightly tweaked settings the battery duration is insane and it has held toghether for 2 years now.

Running CM9 atm for those who care about that stuff.
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 11:28:00 Reply

If iPhone was cheaper, I'd prefer iPhone.

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 12:46:56 Reply

The reason why Android has such a high market share is because of their low-end devices (which helps a great amount in countries(people in those countries) that aren't very rich or value splurging a high amount of money for a phone). Of course they are going to have a higher % because of their variety in devices. But that doesn't make them better, especially when talking in terms of which high-end devices are better or worse. Market share isn't everything, and I would imagine more people (at least where I live, Canada) carry an iPhone rather than a high-end Android handset.


BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 14:36:18 Reply

At 3/1/13 10:37 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: i'm pretty sure the contradiction is on your part. the part where you say you don't care about brand, but then go on a tirade about apple, to be specific.

I have used Apple products, I have seen the stats of Apple products and I've seen what the company Apple is like. Now like many other companies and brands Apple have and probably will change over time. But right now their products are overpriced and overrated compared to competitors. And they claimed that they had theoretically lost money because Samsung wouldn't let them dominate the smartphone market, basically why Apple sued Samsung. This has left me with a bad impression of Apple. That doesn't mean it's possible for them to change, but I doubt that will happen. Of course if Apple did change, then I would possibly change my opinion on it.

The price and specs of products are facts that can easily be verified. Sure, there are other unmeasurable things that could depend on what is the superior product (such as few viruses on Mac), so if there was enough of those things to convince me into thinking that Apple is better... Then I would think Apple is better. It's the same with other products. But what brand a product has does not make it better than a product of another brand, maybe you think so since you said Apple has the best phones?

i'm very careful to be consistent in my opinions (in my opinion)

Are you implying that you are never wrong? Or that if you were proved wrong, you would just deny it?


BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 15:48:32 Reply

Tom and I have iPhones. iPhone wins.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 15:51:09 Reply

At 3/1/13 03:48 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Tom and I have iPhones. iPhone wins.

Well... That would explain both your choices in favorites for movies


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 16:05:21 Reply

Blackberry.

just kidding. This isn't 2006.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 16:14:38 Reply

Dixie cup.

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 16:23:16 Reply

At 3/1/13 04:05 PM, Cootie wrote: Blackberry.

just kidding. This isn't 2006.

Turns out you're right.


BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 17:59:01 Reply

At 3/1/13 04:23 PM, UVSoaked wrote:
At 3/1/13 04:05 PM, Cootie wrote: Blackberry.

just kidding. This isn't 2006.
Turns out you're right.

This is purposeful and useful for society.


BBS Signature
Slacker013
Slacker013
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 18:07:48 Reply

My Samsung Juke is about 6 years old now...


Once upon a time...

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 18:31:46 Reply

At 3/1/13 12:46 PM, UVSoaked wrote: Market share isn't everything, and I would imagine more people (at least where I live, Canada) carry an iPhone rather than a high-end Android handset.

nah, the higher end ones are more popular than iPhones too because theyre pretty much superior in every way including price. The only reason to get an iPhone is to show off.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 19:10:53 Reply

At 3/1/13 06:31 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/1/13 12:46 PM, UVSoaked wrote: Market share isn't everything, and I would imagine more people (at least where I live, Canada) carry an iPhone rather than a high-end Android handset.
nah, the higher end ones are more popular than iPhones too because theyre pretty much superior in every way including price. The only reason to get an iPhone is to show off.

This X1000 the motorola droid and samsung galaxy has X3 the power and are half the price.

mandog
mandog
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 19:11:50 Reply

iPhone has an SSD and latest WiFi hardware, fuck yes iPhone.


original I am.

BBS Signature