New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheyCallMeCaudex
TheyCallMeCaudex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Can't Upload Audio!!! 2013-02-28 17:02:15 Reply

I am trying to re-upload a song to this site that I uploaded a while ago on a different account. But, when it finishes uploading the file, it gives me an error message saying, "This file is not a valid .mp3". The file plays in my iTunes fine, so I know it's not corrupted or anything. My only other guess is that the system has a feature to prevent plagiarism and it is rejecting the song because it already exists on my previous account. So, I went to my other account and deleted the submission, and it still said the same thing. I need a little bit of help.

Reality is a sandwich I did not order.

AndyLau
AndyLau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Can't Upload Audio!!! 2013-02-28 17:30:35 Reply

At 2/28/13 05:02 PM, TheyCallMeCaudex wrote: I am trying to re-upload a song to this site that I uploaded a while ago on a different account. But, when it finishes uploading the file, it gives me an error message saying, "This file is not a valid .mp3". The file plays in my iTunes fine, so I know it's not corrupted or anything. My only other guess is that the system has a feature to prevent plagiarism and it is rejecting the song because it already exists on my previous account. So, I went to my other account and deleted the submission, and it still said the same thing. I need a little bit of help.

Try setting your .mp3 format to 16bit 44100hz 192 or higher fixed bitrate. I know that there are problems associated wiht using variable bit rate.

Also try using a different encoder, such as Audacity.

Also try clearing your browser cache and then restarting your browser. That has been known to remedy some upload issues.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Can't Upload Audio!!! 2013-02-28 17:30:44 Reply

This issue was already responded to, and dealt with in another topic, found here.