New Topic Respond to this Topic
EpicPopcorn
EpicPopcorn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Issue with color tint when uploadin Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 03:54 PM Reply

Every video I post has a weird color change. The tint changes. I've tried different video formats. Has anyone had this issue?

Issue with color tint when uploadin

thekiwi
thekiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Issue with color tint when uploadin Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 05:14 AM Reply

At 2/28/13 03:54 PM, EpicPopcorn wrote: Every video I post has a weird color change. The tint changes. I've tried different video formats. Has anyone had this issue?

Hhhmmm... Does the color change when you export it ? Or does it change when you upload it.

If its when you upload it, it is because newgrounds itself might use somekind of inbuild compression method.
So what you could do is: open the video in premiere and wash out the color a bit, that might help the darkening.

Subscribe the piss out of me. Youtube

EpicPopcorn
EpicPopcorn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Issue with color tint when uploadin Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Thanks for the answer! I tested it on different browsers, and realised that Chrome, while using the NG video player, changes the color tint. Pretty weird!

At 3/5/13 05:14 AM, thekiwi wrote:
At 2/28/13 03:54 PM, EpicPopcorn wrote: Every video I post has a weird color change. The tint changes. I've tried different video formats. Has anyone had this issue?
Hhhmmm... Does the color change when you export it ? Or does it change when you upload it.

If its when you upload it, it is because newgrounds itself might use somekind of inbuild compression method.
So what you could do is: open the video in premiere and wash out the color a bit, that might help the darkening.
Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Issue with color tint when uploadin Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 11:51 AM Reply

there's a reason there's a web-safe colors palette after all :P