Support NATA 2014
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

For those of you who do not know, the Game Grumps is a series on Youtube done by Egoraptor and Jontron. They play pretty much any game that they are sent, meaning that the quality of each game varies depending on what they feel like playing at the time of recording.

What is your opinion of the Game Grumps, if you have one at all? Do you like or want any of the games they have played, and do you find their videos funny or annoying?

Personally, I find their series to be rather interesting. Not only do they provide a massive amount of small-talk around actual criticism of the game, but they are pretty funny as well.

More importantly, what is your opinion of Sonic '06? Love it or (probably) hate it?

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 06:51 PM Reply

I fucking loved when they did Goof Troop, that was probably their highest point, in my opinion. Though I did thoroughly enjoy what they've done in DKC 1 and 2, as well as A Link to the Past. Out of all their stuff, those are probably my favorites, though the others are enjoyable too.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
StaticBlu
StaticBlu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Game Grumps can be funny, but can become boring at times, mainly when they stop talking or even referring to the game and start to get into random topics for too long.

Now I can rant on Sonic 06 all day due to the horrible animations, script, characters and game mechanics, So let me sum it up like this. My friend bought it, I played it. I got up to the first running segment, it frustrated me beyond belief. I put the controller down and ended that nightmare forever. I just watched my friend play the rest of it because I couldn't take it anymore.

If I could, I would stomach it and play it again and beat it myself, but I don't own a copy (or the system).

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 07:42 PM Reply

It's a hit and miss for me. Jon's funny but Arin is annoying as he is always trying to 1up Jon with his jokes that he spent three years preparing for the exact situation.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 08:01 PM Reply

I find them pretty entertaining. Their fans are a lot better than pleasediepie's.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 09:04 PM Reply

it's really hit or miss for me.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 09:54 PM Reply

I like game grumps, mostly for the back and forth between jon and arin. i dont usually pay attention to the game theyre playing unless A) theyre actually talking about it or giving commentary about the part theyre in, or B) its a game im actually interested in. This isnt to say i never pay attention to the screen, for example, if they play a game ive never heard of, like Top Shop for example, i'll pay attention to the playthrough to see if its something i might enjoy playing. However, if its a game ive already played and wasnt a favorite, odds are i'll just listen to the banter.
Overall though, I like it

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 09:04 PM, HighWay wrote: it's really hit or miss for me.

same here
as for sonic 06, i only find sonics story fun,because of his game breaking powerups. silver and shadow are also boring as fuck

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 09:53 PM Reply

I used to watch them, but nowadays I'm not interested anymore. I rather prefer watching their individual channels instead.

Stretch those glutes, Flitter!
"You are a generally happy and carefree person." - Sectus
"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 10:28 PM Reply

I have always been a fan of JonTron and Egoraptor. However I prefer their reviews more than when they get together for Let's Plays. I'll admit that they can be pretty entertaining, but there is very little focus and they pretty much just bounce around from game to game.

Now granted that is one aspect I do like about them, it is very realistic in that sense. It is pretty much being a fly on the wall watching two friends have a slumber party and play video games, constantly changing games.

I just prefer their stuff in JonTron's Reviews and Egoraptors Sequelitis.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 2/28/13 10:28 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I just prefer their stuff in JonTron's Reviews and Egoraptors Sequelitis.

I am honestly waiting for the day that Egoraptor takes up the time to release another Sequelitis, but I doubt it will happen given the time that Game Grumps consumes.

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Game Grumps Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 11:16 PM Reply

Sorry, but in my opinion Game Grumps has been getting worse and worse. And oh god, that Naughty Bear Part 1. Good lord.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 2/28/13 11:16 PM, Bryan wrote: Sorry, but in my opinion Game Grumps has been getting worse and worse. And oh god, that Naughty Bear Part 1. Good lord.

I agree with this.

Stretch those glutes, Flitter!
"You are a generally happy and carefree person." - Sectus
"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 02:33 AM Reply

I have yet to see a single episode, so I don't really have an opinion. But some of their fans usually post slander on Two Best Friends Play videos, (They're doing pretty much the same thing as GG) accusing them of copying GG format of making videos. Which is idiotic for two reasons, 1: TBF started doing their videos before GG did and 2: GG nor TBF did come of with the concept of playing a game and doing "funny" commentary over it, so why fight about.

Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 02:47 AM Reply

At 2/28/13 10:49 PM, Sectus wrote: I am honestly waiting for the day that Egoraptor takes up the time to release another Sequelitis, but I doubt it will happen given the time that Game Grumps consumes.

Egoraptor's already said that Game Grumps only takes up one day a week for them, and that Barry guy does all of the editing and uploading. They're both working on big videos right now, which is why both of them are barely uploading anything. Ego's working on what he said is the biggest Sequelitis yet and that he's trying to get everything perfect before he uploads it. And who knows what the hell Jon is doing.

Album of the Week Vashti Bunyan - Just Another Diamond Day (1970) | Movie of the Week Wings of Desire (1987)

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 07:09 AM Reply

At 3/1/13 02:51 AM, Protagonist wrote: Pewdiepie x2? Nah, I hate it.

I don't think anyone can be as annoying and repugnant as PewDiePie. The entire basis of his popularity is based around stupidity, whereas Jontron and Egoraptor both have varying brands of actual talent.

KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 09:19 AM Reply

Its okay but they have some horrible episodes and some times the back and forth is less comedy and more just move on.. and then time where they don't mention or pay attention to the game they're playing at all which is annoying watching them wonder what to do cause they didn't pay attention to the instructions.
The show is good but honestly if I want to watch two friends play games I prefer thesw1tcher"Two Best Friends" they're much more entertaining, ego doing animation and sequelitis & jon doing reviews then watching their lets play especially when jon gets racist a good amount and claims everything as the best or worst thing ever and keeps flip-flopping on that opinion the entirety of the lp based on the game and arins responses & arin can be annoying with his over reaction to every thing in the lps.
So yeah I watch them but they can be a bit much at times.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 11:56 AM Reply

Haven't missed an episode yet. I finally bought a snes with megaman, and I've bought several other games because of the grumps. If only they were really my friends...

At 2/27/13 07:23 PM, StaticBlu wrote: Game Grumps can be funny, but can become boring at times, mainly when they stop talking or even referring to the game and start to get into random topics for too long.

Dude, that's literally the best part. There's nothing more boring than your average LPer who just makes dull and often obvious observations. It's mildly annoying when they miss something interesting (Wario Dry Bones Peach) but idgaf, I watch it for the grumps and their conversations, not for the game that could easily be found elsewhere.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 01:29 PM Reply

I don't think I can recall the last time they actually talked about the game. Well, unless they were bitching about it.
I like them but they don't even try to play the game really. I mean C'mon
-They skip tutorials
-They don't shut up during cut scenes
-They still have the nerve to ask 'What do I do? Where do I go?' After the game just told them.
-Egoraptor fails to follow his own advice of 'Press buttons' if there's a move they don't know.

Though that being said I have watched almost every episode. I just really really hate how ignorant they get sometimes. Honestly, they should NEVER play a game they haven't had prior experience with or isn't an arcade game. It just gets too painful.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

I saw some episodes, I'm not a fan. I prefer watching JonTron on his own. Though I do love Two Best Friends Play. I find their conversations comedic while GameGrumps isn't as funny to me.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 10:38 PM Reply

I love game grumps.

I liked it a little more when they talked about game design and stuff. but it's still entertaining.

i also prefer when they stick to classics, but hey, overall it's cool

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 3/1/13 05:25 PM, Protagonist wrote: Are you kidding me? They spend most of their videos singing like retards. (Well, Jon at least.) IMO, I prefer Ego when he is on his own, but game grumps is just as annoying pandering to retards bull-crap as PewDiePie.

I'm gonna guess you don't have a lot of friends, huh? Or are relatively high strung?

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 1st, 2013 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 2/28/13 11:16 PM, Bryan wrote: Sorry, but in my opinion Game Grumps has been getting worse and worse. And oh god, that Naughty Bear Part 1. Good lord.

That episode was just like any other episode. I seriously bet that one person started it, then more people decided to jump on the band wagon, I just can't believe that episode was seriously that bad, considering they do shit like that all the time. I do agree it was a really boring episode, and I wish they would simply get on with the games they play.

I liked it more when they stuck with games for a while. They have so many unfinished series with max 3 episodes, whereas I would prefer for them to finish one game at a time, preferably a short game, like Wild Guns.

Also, they need to play more co-op games. Those episodes were them at their finest.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:04 AM Reply

I think they are decent commentators, but they just don't get my attention at all. Two Best Friends on the other hand are my favourite commentators, I do find them interesting and everything they make ends up being endlessly amusing and fun.

Game Grumps was made sort of a tribute to them it has been said, which is great and I approve of the game grumps especially John Tron who I like the solo videos off. But I just sadly find their dual commentating to be really dull myself, that added to the fact they tend to review games I have no interest in like Mega Man etc. makes me also not enjoy the videos.

I can understand people liking the videos, but it's just personally not my thing, I stick to the TBFP myself.

More importantly, what is your opinion of Sonic '06? Love it or (probably) hate it?

It isn't possible to love that game.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 3/2/13 06:04 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Game Grumps was made sort of a tribute to them it has been said,

Arin said in a panel he has never seen any of their videos.

Also, Arin has stated that Game Grumps doesn't take up all of his time, he is just slow at making videos.

MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:39 PM Reply

At 3/2/13 11:39 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Also, Arin has stated that Game Grumps doesn't take up all of his time, he is just slow at making videos.

He's lying.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:09 PM Reply

They only grump on mondays and they don't even edit or upload the videos themselves, it doesn't affect their main channels in any way. They were just lazy to begin with.

BBS Signature
xamuli
xamuli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:04 PM Reply

I like Game Grumps but Jon is so damn annoying sometimes. Arin is awesome, I wish he had a better partner than Jon to make videos with.

Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Game Grumps Mar. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

I basically put on Game Grumps in the morning before my classes start, and listen to it like a radio show. I've met both of them, and they are actually really cool people.

BBS Signature