New Topic Respond to this Topic
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 05:45 PM Reply

Wow, I guess everybody has a soft spot, I'm glad to see that people still have a heart!

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 06:13 PM Reply

I don't support Anonymous. Their intentions are probably as cute as buttons but they're going about it in a ridiculous way. They're hauling their way through public streets shouting in hoodies and wearing masks. Just because they've thrown cash at a homeless man doesn't make them saints, especially given that they're intentionally publicizing it and making everybody shit their pants in fear in the streets because Clockwork Orange's less creative spawn are storming towards them.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 07:12 PM Reply

How misleading.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Everlasting-Elements
Everlasting-Elements
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 07:43 PM Reply

So.... Everytime a Guy Fawkes mask is purchased, a percentage goes to Warner Bros (one of those massive corporations they hate). I wonder if they realize that. They should pick a new mask. It just makes them seem a little silly is all. Still like some of the things they do though.

Sig=DJ REN
PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature
mechadude32
mechadude32
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 07:57 PM Reply

that awkward moment when you realize that that homeless man wasn't homeless...

"if you put quotes here you're an idiot" mechadude32 These are the jokes, people...

(INSERT IMAGE HERE)

Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:38 PM Reply

happy tears TuT

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 09:44 PM Reply

I love you Grandpa!!

Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 12:59 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 06:52 PM, Cherry wrote: le faith in le humanity restore XD

Dammit, I was drinking something lmao

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 01:06 AM Reply

At 3/31/13 04:56 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/31/13 04:00 AM, CresIsis wrote: This video makes me even more proud to be a /b/tard and an Anonymous supporter.

Fun Fact: I've protested the Westboro Baptist Church before with a crowd of Anon and it was awesome.
/b/ sucks and how can you support a meme? lol

If you watched the movie that "meme" was based around you'd find it's an idea, people are making a difference through means of an idea they agree with. There's nothing wrong with that, of course most people on here oppose abolishing slavery apparently.

But this is what we deal with Post-Y2K. No improvement; no world ending just a spiritual corruption that seeks to kill my faith in humanity every day.

Thanks for posting this OP, you did good.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 01:08 AM Reply

I just Iove how everyone assumes that just because some dude in a Guy Fawkes mask who says he's from Anonymous is in fact from the various groups claiming to be Anon.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 3/31/13 05:40 PM, CiviLies wrote: You're just trolling. Yes, I feel the need to point that out.

How? They are clearly all chavs.

At 4/1/13 01:06 AM, Chemich wrote: If you watched the movie that "meme" was based around you'd find it's an idea, people are making a difference through means of an idea they agree with. There's nothing wrong with that, of course most people on here oppose abolishing slavery apparently.

What film? And 'meme' is more broader than 'le reddit joke', but its rarely used like that since only idiots on facebook, reddit and 9gag care. Actual memetics is probably too more for idiots on the internet to comprehend.

Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:40 AM, BumFodder wrote:

Actual memetics is probably too more for idiots on the internet to comprehend.

"too more" - spat my drink out. You owe me a less sticky keyboard.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 02:26 PM, Rumsworth wrote:
Actual memetics is probably too more for idiots on the internet to comprehend.

"too more" - spat my drink out. You owe me a less sticky keyboard.

lol, I proofread it quickly but it was 2am

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 02:31 PM Reply

The kid donated. Awwww.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 3/31/13 05:40 PM, CiviLies wrote: You're just trolling. Yes, I feel the need to point that out.
How? They are clearly all chavs.

At 4/1/13 01:06 AM, Chemich wrote: If you watched the movie that "meme" was based around you'd find it's an idea, people are making a difference through means of an idea they agree with. There's nothing wrong with that, of course most people on here oppose abolishing slavery apparently.
What film? And 'meme' is more broader than 'le reddit joke', but its rarely used like that since only idiots on facebook, reddit and 9gag care. Actual memetics is probably too more for idiots on the internet to comprehend.

V For Vendetta, where the fuck do you think the mask came from anyways?

If you're gonna talk shit about a "meme" at least know where it comes from first.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
CresIsis
CresIsis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:09 PM, Chemich wrote: V For Vendetta, where the fuck do you think the mask came from anyways?

If you're gonna talk shit about a "meme" at least know where it comes from first.

The mask comes from Guy Fawkes actually bro.

*rollseyes*

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~
~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:21 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:09 PM, Chemich wrote: V For Vendetta, where the fuck do you think the mask came from anyways?

Calm down lol, I assumed you were on about something else since everyone and their mother knows where it came from. I also dont believe a single one of them knows that the mask is from an anarchist, or even how anarchy works, or that you or they even knew that.

Theyre not making any difference whatsoever (except when they do small things like this), theyre just looking stupid and being a part of the latest 'le meymey'. Also I have no idea what slavery has got to do with anything here, and I think all of them and you should go back to le reddit/9gag/facebook.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:21 PM, BumFodder wrote:

Calm down lol, I assumed you were on about something else since everyone and their mother knows where it came from. I also dont believe a single one of them knows that the mask is from an anarchist, or even how anarchy works, or that you or they even knew that.

Theyre not making any difference whatsoever (except when they do small things like this), theyre just looking stupid and being a part of the latest 'le meymey'. Also I have no idea what slavery has got to do with anything here, and I think all of them and you should go back to le reddit/9gag/facebook.

Yes, and the people that usually say presumptuous garbage like that are the very same people that go to those sites. So please, instead of presuming I "come" from there, keep in mind I was just giving you the know-how. Instead of being a prick at least try and be more understanding to begin with. At least they're making a difference for their community, whether they wear a guy fawkes mask or not has nothing to do with the video at hand. Sure they used it to instill a point; that's great, but at least they do something other than belittle others on a half-rate community with an online forum.

The slavery comment was a metaphor for how people don't give a shit about anything around them, and would rather just watch the whole world burn because "mommy" and "daddy' didn't hug them enough. Not saying you're that type of person of course, but saying in general that's how it's been.

Also anarchy works in many ways, ever hear of peaceful anarchy? Someone needs a history lesson methinks.

At 4/1/13 08:18 PM, CresIsis wrote:

The mask comes from Guy Fawkes actually bro.

*rollseyes*

No shit sherlock, welcome to 2013.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:35 PM, Chemich wrote: Yes, and the people that usually say presumptuous garbage like that are the very same people that go to those sites.

"You dont like them so you must be one of them"

So please, instead of presuming I "come" from there,

nice strawmanning, I never presumed that at all

keep in mind I was just giving you the know-how.

Trying to belittle me by acting as if you were informing me on something clearly obvious lol

Instead of being a prick at least try and be more understanding to begin with. At least they're making a difference for their community, whether they wear a guy fawkes mask or not has nothing to do with the video at hand.

A bunch of random chavs walking around shouting stuff doesnt improve anything, and wearing le meme mask just drives that point home further. In the end they wont try changing their behaviour or imrpoving themselves or society at all. Instead of preaching to the choir maybe they should go out and do something about it.

Sure they used it to instill a point; that's great, but at least they do something other than belittle others on a half-rate community with an online forum.

You cant argue against me so you insult my argument lol.

The slavery comment was a metaphor for how people don't give a shit about anything around them, and would rather just watch the whole world burn because "mommy" and "daddy' didn't hug them enough. Not saying you're that type of person of course, but saying in general that's how it's been.

You know people dont act the same on the internet as real life right though? Most people here are probably normal.

Also anarchy works in many ways, ever hear of peaceful anarchy? Someone needs a history lesson methinks

Another captain obvious statement. Ive only seen one decent point and that was easy to refute.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:45 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 4/1/13 08:35 PM, Chemich wrote: Yes, and the people that usually say presumptuous garbage like that are the very same people that go to those sites.
"You dont like them so you must be one of them"

So you don't use any of them and haven't used them at one point in time? I very much doubt that, seems like you're just trying to hide the fact that you're calling the kettle black.

So please, instead of presuming I "come" from there,
nice strawmanning, I never presumed that at all

Ah, but indeed you did otherwise you would've said nothing at all about those communities to begin with. :)
Nice try.

keep in mind I was just giving you the know-how.
Trying to belittle me by acting as if you were informing me on something clearly obvious lol

But I wasn't, I was giving you a point because you asked for it.

Instead of being a prick at least try and be more understanding to begin with. At least they're making a difference for their community, whether they wear a guy fawkes mask or not has nothing to do with the video at hand.
A bunch of random chavs walking around shouting stuff doesnt improve anything, and wearing le meme mask just drives that point home further. In the end they wont try changing their behaviour or imrpoving themselves or society at all. Instead of preaching to the choir maybe they should go out and do something about it.

There's multiple steps to achieving a goal, seems to me like you don't know how organized protests work honestly.

Sure they used it to instill a point; that's great, but at least they do something other than belittle others on a half-rate community with an online forum.
You cant argue against me so you insult my argument lol.

But I refuted it by telling you the mask isn't what counts, it's the actions of the people wearing those masks... are you purposely just trying to be thick-headed to win an argument? Come on now, you're better than that.

You know people dont act the same on the internet as real life right though? Most people here are probably normal.

Sometimes I wonder.

Also anarchy works in many ways, ever hear of peaceful anarchy? Someone needs a history lesson methinks
Another captain obvious statement. Ive only seen one decent point and that was easy to refute.

And you weren't implying all Anarchy was -bad-? People should trust their governments and rely on them for everything?

Seems to me like you're splitting hairs, my friend.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 08:58 PM Reply

Touching. Made my eyes water a bit, that's something. I can't shake the feeling that he might not be homeless and might actually just be a beggar, happens a lot.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 08:53 PM, Chemich wrote: So you don't use any of them and haven't used them at one point in time? I very much doubt that, seems like you're just trying to hide the fact that you're calling the kettle black.

Why would I need to use any of them? And theyre terrible anyway.

Ah, but indeed you did otherwise you would've said nothing at all about those communities to begin with. :)
Nice try.

I quite clearly mentioned them because I said that the kind of people who do this kind of thing are from those websites. Im seriously doubting you even read what I wrote at all lol.

Implying I asked for something I clearly didnt

There's multiple steps to achieving a goal, seems to me like you don't know how organized protests work honestly.

Theyre not achieving anything, and theyre not organised apart from "lol lets meet up here and shout stuff @ 3". You make them sound as if they are some kind of well organised anti-governmental organisation lol.

But I refuted it by telling you the mask isn't what counts, it's the actions of the people wearing those masks...

"but at least they do something other than belittle others on a half-rate community with an online forum."

I find that really ironic lol.

are you purposely just trying to be thick-headed to win an argument? Come on now, you're better than that.

Ad hominem

Sometimes I wonder.

Ad hominem

And you weren't implying all Anarchy was -bad-? People should trust their governments and rely on them for everything?

Strawmanning, I wasnt implying anything about anarchy at all other than they didnt understand it.

makes sense lol

Tribal
Tribal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Programmer
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Actually pretty nice.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 09:02 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 4/1/13 08:53 PM, Chemich wrote: So you don't use any of them and haven't used them at one point in time? I very much doubt that, seems like you're just trying to hide the fact that you're calling the kettle black.
Why would I need to use any of them? And theyre terrible anyway.

Well considering you're one of the very few 40+ year olds that posts on Newgrounds I presumed there's a possibility; but then again I could always be wrong, right?

Nice try.
I quite clearly mentioned them because I said that the kind of people who do this kind of thing are from those websites. Im seriously doubting you even read what I wrote at all lol.

Read every bit, just seems that you don't agree that peaceful protesting does anything? Not sure what you're getting at here.

'course if you lurked more of the forums you'd see someone else's post stating:

At 2/28/13 10:38 AM, TheAmbrose wrote:
At 2/27/13 06:59 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 2/27/13 06:52 PM, Cherry wrote: le faith in le humanity restore XD
This.

Those jackasses just did that random act of kindness for publicity.
I'm pretty proud to say that I was there with my fellow Anons in Nottingham on that day, for Chdonga and all others that think this was some sort of stunt it was not, we were protesting against corporate tax-avoidance and shutting down the corporate tax-dodging chains for the day, as always, we had loads of Anons filming the shenanigans for YouTube later. It just so happened that while we were walking down to one of the other tax-dodgers we walked past this guy.
What you see in the video is 100% spontaneous, it should not be such a surprising thing that people can help other people out without it being a 'stunt'
One love
Pic related, its the poster advertising the day to prove what I said ^

So if this peaceful protest is truly pointless, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Implying I asked for something I clearly didnt

Well when you question someone you expect a response, correct? Unless if that was rhetoric, but you really didn't let on very well that it was.

Theyre not achieving anything, and theyre not organised apart from "lol lets meet up here and shout stuff @ 3". You make them sound as if they are some kind of well organised anti-governmental organisation lol.

Once again, refer to another user's post. Maybe there was a point behind all of it? Something that you completely missed?

Then again if you still feel this way, it's not my problem or concern to change that for you.

But I refuted it by telling you the mask isn't what counts, it's the actions of the people wearing those masks...
"but at least they do something other than belittle others on a half-rate community with an online forum."

I find that really ironic lol.

That you may; but I actively vote against tyrannic actions in my state, what do you do for your country?

are you purposely just trying to be thick-headed to win an argument? Come on now, you're better than that.
Ad hominem

Wasn't, seems like you're avoiding the point at hand.

Sometimes I wonder.
Ad hominem

Wasn't attacking you, generalized statement. Once again you're avoiding another point.

Strawmanning, I wasnt implying anything about anarchy at all other than they didnt understand it.

What would you prefer they do? Seems to me they did what they could to protest, refer to the post I quoted earlier.

makes sense lol

Personal opinions clash, I apologize.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anonymous make homeless man cry. Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 09:16 PM, Chemich wrote: Well considering you're one of the very few 40+ year olds that posts on Newgrounds I presumed there's a possibility; but then again I could always be wrong, right?

Why are you scouring my profile looking for clearly wrong information lol

Read every bit, just seems that you don't agree that peaceful protesting does anything? Not sure what you're getting at here.

'course if you lurked more of the forums you'd see someone else's post stating:

Thats got nothing to do with what I wrote.

So if this peaceful protest is truly pointless, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Theyre not actually protesting anything in particular or trying to change it.

Well when you question someone you expect a response, correct? Unless if that was rhetoric, but you really didn't let on very well that it was.

lol

Once again, refer to another user's post. Maybe there was a point behind all of it? Something that you completely missed?

Well you dont seem to know lol

That you may; but I actively vote against tyrannic actions in my state, what do you do for your country?

lol

Wasn't, seems like you're avoiding the point at hand.

lol

Wasn't attacking you, generalized statement. Once again you're avoiding another point.

There wasnt any to begin with

What would you prefer they do? Seems to me they did what they could to protest, refer to the post I quoted earlier.

I dont really care since its nothing to do with this

Personal opinions clash, I apologize.

lol